User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

We're Not Dead #38

Got something for us for this week's episode? post it here!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    What do you guys think of the impending love triangle between Saul, Lizzie, and CJ?
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

"Gatherer"

Status
    The significance of the numbers. Either the zombies are tracking themselves or the "little ones" were part of an experiment. Though, I'm not sure how the "experiment" could tie into the other zombie hot spots around the world. But numbers placed on anything or anyone is for keeping track. So who or what is keeping track of the "little ones"? Or should we call them "the growing ones"?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Since season 2, I've thought that the zombies were militarizing. The tattooed man at the arena or the man in the pinstripe suit seem to be playing leadership roles, rallying the rest of the "zombies" around them, creating units. Aside from the special ones, even the regular zombies have different duties. Some collect bodies, some collect live tributes to the tattooed man, and now it seems like there aren't any lone zombies like the ones who held Bert in the bathroom...

With that said, I'm leaning toward the "little ones" being selectively bred by one of the leader zombies to act as a general of their armies. They're rare and important enough to number so they're probably the most valuable forces the zombies have. With that said, this opens up a whole new can of worms: As of now, I think we unanimously assumed all the special ones occurred out of the hotspots (ground zero, i.e.). I assumed Behemoths somehow were turned and metamorphosed almost immediately, same for jumpers, fast ones, etc. These little ones seem to imply that at least one of the zombie leaders knew HOW to create these things and WHAT would happen, developmentally, once they were created.

So maybe the tattooed man or the man in the pinstripe suit had something to do with the outbreak in the first place and knew how to harness the effects of ground zero or whatever biological phenomenon is happening there? As Bert said "the smarter you were in life, the smarter you are in death..."

What do you guys think?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Before the apocalypse, the hospital in LA should have nursery with dozens of babies. There are also a lot of drugs around like steroids or human growth hormones that could be mixed with zombie blood to make an infected cocktail for the babies to drink.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    What I am curious about is two things, one being why was the military group sent in creating maps of LA, were they making plans for a future invasion of LA, or are they looking for possible big supply cashes where they can make plans for simultaneous pick up (probably less likely). Also given Michaels little input on unclear stories, and the fact that Saul picked up the fallen soldiers bag, could it be possible that Michael has put in the same record keeping polices of the tower into the "in the field" units. Saul could find the record book and notice how similar it is to his, or find an entry in the beginning on how "there's this new uptight asshole named cross that is forcing us to write reports like the damn officers do". This might also explain why Saul would be writing again in his journal, it could be he found out Michael was still alive and felt he had to start writing again. Just some food for thought.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Victor and Saul probably have the recon team's satellite phone. The one named Fowler had it, and he was the one that was killed. We need a scene where Saul hits redial on the phone and Michael picks up.

As for the "thing that changes everything", my money is on there being some sort of innoculation being available based on research done on Tanya. They can get their first live test on the female recon Captain.

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    I am relistening to the episode now and I just wanted to touch on the thought some had about Saul using the new phone to contact Michael. Didn't he open up by saying something along the lines of 'I'm still looking for any sign of Michael and the others' then follow that with, 'let me go back to november just before it got crazy'?

This would tell me that he will not get ahold of Michael this chapter.
    Good catch! So we know that at the time of Saul's journal entry, some time in December, that he still hasn't had contact with Michael. The problem is that we don't know when in December that Saul made the journal entry. The incident with the recon team seems to have taken place on the evening of December 3/4.

It's possible that Saul is writing as early as the next day, and doesn't even know he has the Sat Phone yet. Or that he's talkied to the operator at Fort Irwin, but they aren't willing to trust him enough to give him details yet.

There are certainly plenty of scenarios under which Saul can never use the Sat Phone to contact Michael. It could be damaged. The number for Fort Irwin could be lost. The number for the phone could have been locked out of the system when it was reported lost. My favorite scenario has Saul dialing the right number, getting the operator, but when he can't give the counter-sign they hang up on him and never answer his calls again.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; May 29th, 2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: New information from Bullethead

"Lurker"

Status
    Two interesting parallels at the beginning of this episode:

1) The TV show and Saul, Victor, and CJ's current living situation. The show's characters are stuck on an island, and these survivors are stuck in their hideout in LA.
    • I think it is interesting that even during the zombie apocalypse, people would still be chattin' about TV shows. It's such a normal thing for the characters to do, while in such an abnormal reality.

2) Victor and the chicken: During his conversation with Saul, Victor expresses a longing for an open field and freedom, being caged in by the zombies; then the next second, forces the chicken back into its cage.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Cool points honeyace427, welcome to the forum, your tinfoil and red ball of string are in the mail.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast