User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    has anyone tried to find that "street" Southbay on a map of Carson or Long Beach? I checked and couldn't find it. Though I will note that there are a TON of tank farms between Carson and LB. My guess is they were scouting out fuel locations.

I'd also wager that the Captain's three week classified mission was Pantex.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Maybe they got back to Ft Irwin and Ft. Irwin isn't taking any chances on the damaged squad leader. This, in my opinion, is the best ending to an episode so far in this series. It leaves Ft. Irwin, and Saul and Victor, both exposed. Although I have my suspicion that Saul, at the very least, made it to Ft. Irwin. I can't point to anything specifically but the seemingly short jump back to November 27, "when everything went crazy", points to the fact that he somehow got Michael on the newly acquired Satellite phone. If not the phone they got the bag from the recon team's comms person, Saul might be able to surmise how to meet up with Ft. Irwin personell.
    Last edited by trubkir; May 28th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    After looking at the Artwork it seems the soldiers might be masked up with SCBA apparatus. The soldier closest seems to be at alert with his weapon in firing position looking down the ramp. I wonder if the Chinook had to set down in "Ground Zero" and Ft Irwin sent a team to investigate.
    Nahh, that's just a ProMask, probably the M40.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

I'm glad that KC didn't put Michael on the recon team and take the easy way out. I don't think Michael would go on any recon anyway cause that's Capt. Kirk crapola. He is better back at Ft. Irwin collating and analyzing the data and telling the recon teams where to go and maybe what to look for.

I did find it interesting that a Squad Leader that had spent 3 weeks in hostile country would get so slack with light discipline. Kimmet is going to have to have his DI's go over fieldcraft more thoroughly.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Late November is more than 3 months after the events following the fall of the tower, all of which except for Angel's death are known to have happened in the first days of August. Given Tanya as a starting point could there be an experimental anti-zombie vaccine by now, and could saving this wounded female Captain be what "changes everything".

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Late November is more than 3 months after the events following the fall of the tower, all of which except for Angel's death are known to have happened in the first days of August. Given Tanya as a starting point could there be an experimental anti-zombie vaccine by now, and could saving this wounded female Captain be what "changes everything".
    It is a "zombie" story so most people come up with worst case scenarios instead of looking at the brighter side of the outcome.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I can't guarantee that the image is of the inside of a Chinook, it could just as easily be a Pelican/Jolly Green Giant. It isn't a C-130, the rear cargo ramp of the C-130 doesn't go all the way to the ground like a cargo helicopter's does, and requires supplemental ramps to reach the tarmac. The rollers in the WA cover image are for moving pallets on and off of the bird.

Attachment 1918Attachment 1919
    The CH-47 ramp is rounded on most models as well... Remember we are looking at an artistic rendering of an aircraft interior, sure it is detailed, but it is still a rendering. The Chapter art for this aircraft doesn't show the hydrolic arms that are on the C-130 also nor does it have the upper door thing (not the actual term) that is in the C-130 also the height of the ceiling of the Aircraft lends me to think that this is the CH-47. And finally since the chapter starts off with a CH-47 I'm going to make the small leap and say that this is indeed a Chinook.

Based on my experince riding in both C-130's and CH-47's if this picture was a photograph instead of an artistic representation I would say (after wondering why the soldier with his M-4 at the ready has a transparent weapon) that we are looking at a Chinook.

KC I eagerly await you to put this to rest LOL

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    Theory popped up on my third listen.
    After the episode opens Saul says:

The soldiers report it to be December 1st.

What is UNTIL NOW? By the date given this could be as little four dates after November 27th, to 34 days. [December 1st, to December 31] Maybe he is reporting the incident to someone…maybe Fort Irwin? He got the patch from the body, so he would know that he came from Fort Irwin [it could be a fake to Saul but he’s a shoot first kind of person], the tape nametag would indicate that he is newer because in this instance they can’t get a nametape as fast as they would before.
    I agree with you. As I said earlier, I also think the recon/chopper team have worse coming up, as Michael has to piece it together. With Saul also saying that something big coming up I am guessing it might be the same big thing.
    My thoughts are that the rest of the season might build up to this December game changer, story lines merging back together and the end of season 3.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Lurker"

Status
    little ones got the blunt living but contagiouswith a desire to kill,human traits living growing working heart

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Fine. It's the inside of a chinook.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast