User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Brooke Steele,

I have to agree with you. All that noise, all the dying and injured screaming for their mommas, the smell of blood and other body odors would have pulled the creatures in like sharks to chum. Critique done, it helped move the story forward.. so let me throw this opposite theory out there: The jars brought them in at full strength because they'd already become familiar with THEIR collective scent. Maybe it overrode any sense of self preservation.

"Scavenger"

Status
    That's a good point about the Mallers already sweating but I would think the sweatbombs were just waaaay more potent.

I thought that INK called them back once he saw the fire at the doorway quickly destroying his troops. Basically, he was seeing the cost of taking the tower as too high a price. After all he didn't CALL them there, they came on their own (due to noise/sweat).

The only lingering question I have is why didn't the noise from the party bring Zombies to the tower? The Mallers should have had to attack the (maybe small but certianly some) Zombies that where attracked by the noise. I mean there was a point made about how quite the city had become.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I've said this before: they have the piss poorest noise and light discipline ever.
    I think Angel and Riley giggling in the locker room was the worst infraction off all! Thats like smoking at night or just tossing your garbage while hiding behind enemy lines.
    But, to stay on point, lets roll with your "More potent" theory.

Maybe...

I only thought of this after listening to the new episode this morning. What if the Mallers knew that alcohol would hide their scent? Maybe the Mallers have a method of wearing alcohol so they don't draw in the zombies and the zombies didn't track them home. Similar to but better than Riley's onion necklaces.

Saul did find that out about the alcohol when he was able to escape from the Mall without a zombie tail.

I am also highly impressed with the staying power/toughness of the Mallers. I was surprised to learn that some escaped.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Brooke,
    The Mallers are very well equipped. They have weapons from Burt's shop and weapons from the Army Reserve armory. They're held up in a mall, so they have access to plenty of things. It may not be the most secure place, but they have the manpower, ingenuity and the will to survive. On top of that, they have a pretty capable leader.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Brooke,
    The Mallers are very well equipped. They have weapons from Burt's shop and weapons from the Army Reserve armory. They're held up in a mall, so they have access to plenty of things. It may not be the most secure place, but they have the manpower, ingenuity and the will to survive. On top of that, they have a pretty capable leader.
    I'm not sure we know WHO took the weapons from the armory. We have numerous clues that Scratch cracked Burt's safe but nothing about the Armory.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
    I'm not sure we know WHO took the weapons from the armory. We have numerous clues that Scratch cracked Burt's safe but nothing about the Armory.
    I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but didn't Skittles say something about the bad people taking the guns? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    KC already told me that my theory was a spoiler when I mentioned it on FB a while back, so he deleted my comment. LOL.
    So, yes, the prisoners were very, very proactive in searching for stuff. They hit Burt's spot first, then the Armory more than likely. Scratch's intro had her with one of Burt's guns... NO ammo though. That's why i say they hit the reserve armory second. It's also how they were able to arm up so many people during the "War."

"Gatherer"

Status
    Does it ever mention where the armory is located? Because if its not located near eastern bay then there is a high chance that the mallers didn't steal the guns. I don't remember, to be honest I have a terrible memory.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    If the mallers were using weapons from the armory, then wouldnt angel/michael/saul have realized it? cause there was a scene in chapter 12/13, where they pick up and use maller weapons because their own weapons were out of ammunition, if the mallers were using the army issued m16s, then wouldnt they have noticed that these werent civilian guns. from what i understand, there were enough guns in the armory to equip an army, the armory was also about 4 hours away from LA, i'd say its more likely that the colony got to armory than the mallers.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast