User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Missle crews (fire team of 8 Security Force members, 4 cooks, and 4 officers in the actual missle launch facility) at all the Northern Tier bases. Montana, Wyoming, N/S Dakota. Malstom, F.E Warren, and Minot all still have over 500 ICBMs. That's a ton of troops supporting those launch facilities that will be alive and with limited comm. You may ask "how would they be alive?"
    simply due to the remote locations. Some of which you can only reach via helo. They're self sustaining units. The only thing is you only have the ammo you have on you...180 rounds. One heavy gunner and one grenadier.
    That's a ton of troops, but the sites themselves are not built for defense, they are built to respond to remote security threats to silos. The only thing they have for defense is a chain link fence and a bunch of farmer's fields all around. I used to work in the missile field at Grand Forks AFB before they shut down their silos, so I've been out on those sites on duty. The only 'safe' guys would be the two officers on duty down in the capsule, and they would surely starve to death before too long.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Poor Michael. Even though he can be quite annoying, I really feel for him. His method of coping with loss is to distance himself. He doesn't deal with emotions, he doesn't allow himself to get close to people. Finally, he says to himself -- For God's sake, it's the end of the world. I might as well get close to another human. BAM. Sorry, guy.

Pegs, I've always disliked you.

I am totally on the Tanya vaccine/antivenom bandwagon, and I believe she started experimenting back in the Colony.

Riley, rock on.

Kelly, from such meager beginnings. I will miss you, hope you won't be gone forever.

Catch you later Datu, Hope.

And I agree with those who think there's something really off about Kimmet. Bad news, that guy.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    That's a ton of troops, but the sites themselves are not built for defense, they are built to respond to remote security threats to silos. The only thing they have for defense is a chain link fence and a bunch of farmer's fields all around. I used to work in the missile field at Grand Forks AFB before they shut down their silos, so I've been out on those sites on duty. The only 'safe' guys would be the two officers on duty down in the capsule, and they would surely starve to death before too long.
    What type of comms do the personnel at these remote sites have? Is there any way they could make their presence known to a base like Fort Irwin? In my mind I'm picturing a survivor sitting at an Autovon phone, dialing number after number from a government phone directory hoping someone will pick up.

*for Non-Vets, "Autovon phone" refers to the government's secure telephone network, which was designed to survive a nuclear exchange. The official name changed to something else in the 80s, but we kept on calling them Autovon where I was stationed. The phones can be used to call any other phone on the network, worldwide, but only have a limited ability to connect to the civilian phone system.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    After quickly skim reading it seems I'm the only one who thinks what I think.

Boulder doesn't exist.

It was something Puck said last episode. (think it was Puck anyways) he said if the outbreak happened a week later there would have been a battalion of infantry on the base. But he then muttered 'more mouths to feed' if you had a secure population centre of 150k that from what Carl was saying to the guys seems to be secure and pumping out food surely the extra trained soldiers would have been more than welcome?

Therefore, I think, probably incorrectly, that boulder doesn't exist, all survivors are given a choice, join up and fight, or go to boulder that doesn't exist and they are probably just left in a field to be eaten. After all if all your population are soldiers you stand a much better chance of defeating the outbreak than having most of your forces defending civilians.

I never used to be so cynical, must be Kc's doing!

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    As a Pegs fan I just want to address some of the Pegs hating that has been going on in this thread.
    Whether or not you agree with her decision, I am sure a lot of you would be able to think of someone who might not be able to pick up a gun in a similar situation. In fact, you might be able to think of people who would have fallen to pieces completely and provided no help at all.
    She has stuck to her ideals throughout the course of the show, and as a character grew a lot from where she was when she first appeared. She has become a really confident character, and contributed in many ways to the group. I love Pegs because she is positive and helped Michael to see (even for a little while) what he is really fighting for; friendship, love and humanity.
    Also, her saying that she isn't suited to staying in the army, is better then just staying to be near to Michael and not being able to do everything that would be expected of her in a dire situation. Her leaving Michael, whom she really does have deep feelings for, took a lot of courage in the face of the pressure that he was putting on her. For me her coldness was not her suddenly hating Michael but her showing the strength of her convictions and is something to be admired. If someone that you loved asked you to do something that goes against what you believe or are capable of, what would you do. Her not crying and running away reflects how much she has grown.
    Rant over.
    cupcake out <3
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter, still hate Pegs.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Doesn't matter, still hate Pegs.
    That is ok, don't think I will change anyone's thoughts on her, but wanted to show that she is not as shallow as everyone seems to think she is. A lot of people (not you because you did show her support earlier in the thread even though you don't like her ) seem to be throwing all the flak her way, for Michael and her breaking-up, because people don't like her, but it is not all her fault.
    Not everyone has to like her, just maybe a little respect for dealing as well as she can in the new world.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    That is ok, don't think I will change anyone's thoughts on her, but wanted to show that she is not as shallow as everyone seems to think she is. A lot of people (not you because you did show her support earlier in the thread even though you don't like her ) seem to be throwing all the flak her way, for Michael and her breaking-up, because people don't like her, but it is not all her fault.
    Not everyone has to like her, just maybe a little respect for dealing as well as she can in the new world.
    Don't get me wrong. I've hated her since the beginning. She's just annoyed me at every utterance, that and she brought the full wrath of Scratch down upon the heads of the Residents. Not to mention, the whole flower pot fiasco. For me, she's always been a voice I could do without. The whole 'woe is me' thing grates on my nerves. Her standing up in the end and telling Mikey "No" was probably the best choice she could have made. It at least proved she had some semblance of a spine. I applaud that act, with total and complete sincerity.

In the end, it matters little. Let's hug it out.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Pegs deserves full credit for everything she's done in the story. She's a survivor, which is more than you can say for 99.9995% of pre-outbreak America. She pulled her weight at the Tower and stepped up magnificently at the end, learning to fly the helicopter and safely extracting the survivors from a battlefield to safety at Fort Irwin. I would have liked to see her stay at Fort Irwin, particularly if she would have out-ranked Michael, but it's hard to fault her for seeking something closer to normality. I have a feeling we'll be hearing from her again.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Hope is NOT the answer. Kc wouldn't possibly be that heavy-handed.

Besides, she filled her name-derived obligations already and saved Datu's life, giving him 'hope'.
    Purloined letter

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast