User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are the zombies alive or undead?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alive

23 67.65%
  • Undead

5 14.71%
  • WTF BBQ

6 17.65%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Do we have a definitive answer? v.AliveOrUndead?

I'm curious about this since the 'little ones' thread, as well as the 'swimming zombies' thread. Has we gotten conclusive evidence that points toward the zombies being either alive or undead?

If not, what do you think? Alive? Undead? WTF BBQ? I want to know!
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    all the other zed we've seen up to this point have been alive, makes sense that they would be too.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

But what about the ones coming up from under water during the Great Yacht Escape? Those couldn't have been alive. I swear I heard Michael mention a dark mass underwater at one point. They wouldn't be breathing water if they were alive.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    But what about the ones coming up from under water during the Great Yacht Escape? Those couldn't have been alive. I swear I heard Michael mention a dark mass underwater at one point. They wouldn't be breathing water if they were alive.

We've seen adaptations of the zombies based on environment it would stand to reason that gills could be added
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

But at the same time we've also seen them metabolize some wicked ether faster than any person could, jump out of a 2nd or 3rd story window, jump across the distance of two buildings, nearly chase down a car, not react to being shot with an arrow...They seem to be able to push the boundaries of the human body to beyond it's limits.

So if they are capable of pushing themselves past normal limits, they could in theory make it from the island underwater, perhaps stopping for air a ways away from the yacht.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    But at the same time we've also seen them metabolize some wicked ether faster than any person could, jump out of a 2nd or 3rd story window, jump across the distance of two buildings, nearly chase down a car, not react to being shot with an arrow...They seem to be able to push the boundaries of the human body to beyond it's limits.

So if they are capable of pushing themselves past normal limits, they could in theory make it from the island underwater, perhaps stopping for air a ways away from the yacht.
    It's entirely possible, though I would again question that logic, knowing that the 'newer models' have so far only been seen in certain areas, and not down South--or wherever the hell the Colony was located. I vaguely recall something to that effect. Using that as the model for successive generations and based off what was found in the hospital, it makes it less likely that they are 'advanced'. Mostly likely they are O.G. Zeds, possibly from a place Kalani may have been. I don't have the answers, only more questions.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I've gotta go with the "alive" option. We've seen them sleep and they appear to need to eat to survive (the withered ones on the island, looked to be starving). The regular varieties seem to go down from shots not just to the head but to the chest also. And they seem to have some sort of pheromone response (slobbering and drooling over the sweat bottles). All these seem to indicate a "living" thing as opposed to reanimated dead.

As far as the special varieties are concerned, I think they were the results of some sort of medical testing. Big, tank-like, behemoths, runners, jumpers, etc: they all have something special that could be useful to whoever designed them. And for the swimmers, we never got a real good description of them. They might just be regular ones that were in the water and maybe they all have the ability to hold their breath for long periods of time, would help to explain the adaptation to Michale's homemade chloroform. Or maybe they are another special type with the ability to hold their breath and swim really fast.
    And last but not least, the little ones I think are Ink's crazy little addition to zombie taxonomy. Chapter 23 seems to point pretty strongly in that direction.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Intersting points.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    We could also note that they do digest whatever they eat due to the fact that we have not seen any Zeds with grotesquely engorged stomachs filled with flesh.

Do they share their meals? Or do they just take what they get, like lions?
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Well it's confusing because that was the exact same thought that crossed my mind. Then Michael and Pegs make the observation that the zombies look emaciated so then I'm thinking if they are starving they are alive

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast