Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

Post Zombie Theory Attempt 2

ok a few things

1) this post is REALLY FUCKING LONG
    2) i'm dyslexic and so sorry for bad spelling and grammer, dont bring the grammer hammer down on me yet i'd rather someone point out my mistakes or proof read it if anyone wants to be that kind
    3) if i'm wrong so fucking what its still a giggle.
    4) hope you get a kick out of reading it.
    5) contains spoilers so don't read on if you've not listened everything up to date currently

just noticed this is completely in the wrong place can someone please move it to the zombie theory post, thank you!

ok so here goes nothing

basicly in my thread "my little theory" i theorised that something perhaps a microorganism which is acid bound and thus survives in amino acids was causing a mutation in the formulaiton of protiens on the genetic level which thus alters brain and body chemistry causing "zombieism" as a bi product what ever is causing it also thrives off fat and typically the fatter you are the stronger it bonds the fat together explaining why the bohemoths are bigger and harder to kill as someone in the show said its like shotting conctrete or some form of comparison to concrete

and i think i have possibly found some kind of proof to support my theory.
    alright in short i don't know if its a pathageon of micro organism
    i do belive it is an attack how ever it is possible for it to be a mutation naturally caused but regardless of that heres my theory

ok due to some experiment in a lab about perhaps enhancing human ability for military purposes, a result is made and several samples are sent to various labs around the world and ment to be released at the same time in key heavily populated locations. military experiment or population reduction, who knows i sure as hell don't the motive behind it is still unknown to me.

ok so this virus of microorganism lives in acidy enviroments which means it lives in amino acids in the body this then causes the protien bonds in the body to change i've been over this in the paragraph above, it seems to strengthen the bonds of fat together the brain is a form of fat i belive diffrent to other forms of body fat. it is possible that people with certian eye colours might have a 50/50 shot of being immune, this could explain why Ink has turned but Samantha both of whom share the same eye colour have been treated diffrently, it might be possible Ink was paitent zero but i think that would be too convienient. it might be poissible they act simiarly to bee's or animals. what i'm going on about is similar to wolf packs, aka

when two males both become the alpha male they effectively fight to the death, Ink was in charge at the ones in the stadium but why have another "alpha male" as it were assuming the green eye theory holds some water, so instead of turning her she got torn appart. why have one more when its not needed so she got torn up, which means (if i'm right) if ink is killed there might be a frenzy to turn someone with green eyes given someone we know to have green eyes is lizzy means saul might not get to see her or only get to her to have her turn infront of his eyes.
    so to me this says to me that they have a tribal and wolf form of leadership 1 alpha male, a beta male, the concept of sex in the zombie society if flawed anyway because they all can reproduce asexually providing theres more hosts around and have strong reactions to pheramones, the concept of phermaones made me really look at bee's and how they respond to a queens pheramones they fly for miles to come back to help the queen.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheromone

i'm kinda in the realms of the unknown with something especially in the biology area so i could be completely off with all of this but moving on i think the link between the amino acids forming protien has something to do with fatty acids i don't know how that formulation works exactly but i belive there is a link there, which is why the bohemoths are harder to kill. now if we go and look at the bohemoth who ate the MRE's heres some fun facts for ya.

"The high-fat (averaging about 52 grams of fat, 5 grams trans fats) and high-salt content are less than ideal for sedentary situations. The HDR and TOTM account for this nutritional need."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meal,_R...Eat#Criticisms

so fat transfers relitively easy but something caught my eye specifically "trans fat" so i had a look at trans fat
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat
    "Trans fat is the common name for unsaturated fat with trans-isomer (E-isomer) fatty acid(s)."
    fatty acids are there so lets open that up and have a look.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_acid
    this is really the part i don't really understand but it seems to me that fatty acids are related amino acids in some way shape or form. its a little out of my leauge given lack of experiance and also probably my dyslexia i find it a bit difficult to even look at but regardless of that.

it seems theres two main types of fat involved and one of them damages the other one it seems to me that trans fat damages fatty acid, but fatty acid is closely linked to amino acids i did a cntl+ f search and typed in "Amino" on fatty acid and it is in the same biochemical family or something like that as Amino acids. which means my theory does infact in my eyes now have some form of proof of it, if trans fat effects normal fat, given that theres alot of fat in MRE's but small amounts of trans fat the bohemoth basicly OD'ed on MRE's and transfat doing some kind of major damage to itself causing it to effectively lay down and die.

thats basicly as far as i got with that but i do have a bit more on my salt water theory it does kind of go into zombie behavor heavily but bare with it and read what i have to say and it might hopefully make some sense.

as we've heard from Tanya these "things" seem to have more animalistic traits than huamn traits. so i decided to take a look at chemical responses between animals and such so lets take a look.

"Throughout the animal kingdom, from the simplest creature to the most complex, some form of communication takes place. Although most of us think of it in terms of sound, actually there are four methods of communication—auditory (sound), visual (sight), tactile (touch), and chemical (smell and taste)"
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...on/index.phtml

ok so we got sound, visual, touch and taste and smell
    we know there attracted to sound, sound means prey, or in some cases instructions depending on the depth or pitch of the noise much like during the tower attack, ink was on the roof top across the way co-ordinating the attack, the horde went from attacking everyone to attacking the tower.
    visual, now this one really got me infact i was thinking perhaps they don't really have anythign visual to work with but then i was thinking about it, animals leave physical droppings behind as both a physical and scent marker to mark thier territory. now i've noticed that about a week or so after the inital attack, the zombies performed a massive clean up operation hauling the dead away, but what is still around that no one has bothered to clean up, blood, if you think about the hordes, and the dead and the mallers attacking the tower, the streets around the tower are probably not heavily covered in blood but they are most defantly likely to have traces of dried blood not cleared up, compared to the other tower which got heavily fortified very quickly probably didn't get attacked untill one just got in meaning no where to go and people got slaughtered, it might also be the smell of sulphure aswell.

but on the same topic of visual aspects of the animal kingdom i thought "hmmm why did the other tower get attacked so badly and not this one" then i realised something kalani said, the size of the tower, the tower was bigger than the other one, it had more people in it, so lets observe something from history and even in todays life of nature, micheal mentioned Bison when he was talking about Catalina island or something when they went looking for help, jokingly he said "maybe they ran out of bison to eat" i origonally thought Bison was a form of snake so i googled it to find i was pleasently wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison
    Bison are herd based animals and it has been recorded that a pack of wolves will take down a single Bison and in somecases a single wolf has been able to take down a single Bison, but slightly more on track mammoths have been taken down by whole packs of wolves before, aka things which are physically bigger are often threatening which explains why the tower kalani was at first time got hit, because its bigger, bigger things also mean more food. ontop of that i now move onto the sense of smell, i wonder if the sense of smell is sulphur sensative this i way the smell of gunpowder and the amount of blood are in "no hunt zones" as its then marked territority where as the "free game" zones are basicly cleaned up with the odd trap laid about with blocked up cars and other such things.

and finally this brings us to smell
    i was thinking perhaps something in the blood maybe some kind of protien reacts to the mico amounts of salt on the human skin this explains why when scratch killed that guy over a false confession about the tanker it took a while for the scent to get there, salt water would of been in the jars of sweat pegs i think it was gathered up from people. which brings us to taste maybe taste is now a form of reproductive system for what ever inhabbits the human body now, perhaps i mean we've seen what happens when a pack of zombies attack a single person there vastly strong which i put down to salt and water co-exisiting in the human body amplifying what ever inhabits it causing it to be more fucked up, it could also explain the frenzy, to be fair i don't think taste really has anything, Riley and Pegs both talked about how the zombies would throw up blood onto people and those people would then turn soon after a couple of minutes at best. in some cases there are slow turners which i understand blood getting into the muscle and causing some kind of blood posioning but to be honest there was a few hours gap between a couple of paragraphs but that aside eating and reproduction does use the mouth but it seems clear to have distunguishable diffrences in the body its not really so much a bite as it is blood, so a zombie would either call for help or try to turn more people, i think with micheal burt angel and saul when they saved burt and there we're people inside and burt got micheal to use the claymore, the one single one left must of been too far to try to reproduce so called for help thus we have a contious animalistic form of learning

but i also think what ever is in control of the body like i said before live in acidic enviroments so fatty acids and amino acids the brain i belive is mainly fat but i don't know what type if someone wants to look that up i won't stop you really. but i think that it can also access the neurons in the brain and body and simply turns off pain inhibitors this explains why when riley shot one thought the thiegh with a bow and arrow it didn't even flinch, and why none of them seem to react to pain other than death, i also think that what ever it is has access to memories while in control of the body or atleast the biproduct zombie has access to some memorys, when angel and saul did a supply run right away and before they found burt a whole bunch of zombies were around the hummer, maybe they have a basic instinct to be attracted to heat it is something needed on the celluar level for celluar division and when that one wandered in and the door beeped the others didn't come running in, is it possible that they as animalistic primative triabl like hunters saw with there eyes nothing was there and the sound didn't distract them, they know what a gun is, when micheal angel and saul cleared out the lobby one time one jumped behind a desk.

but without further education or some form of expert advice or feed back regarding bio chemistry or even advanced biology or even a geneticisit potentially, i have no idea if this is going to be right or wrong but i think its a safe bet to bet on this, i don't have much to go on really a few links here and there and some critical analysis and this is the best i've got, like i said it would need some serious explination from someone more experianced in the field, i have none, everything i've said as far as i know explains why the infected blood sample doesn't actually have any diffrences is because the blood is not effected by it or its a case of its so small it is actually down on the genetic level involving the bonds between protiens in DNA which explains maybe why a stand blood sample analysis won't cover it.

but thats all i got folks. i hope you enjoy it please leave your comments or creative responses below, or follow me on facebook twitter or google plus *shoots google plus* sorry been watching some =3 lately that ending gets stuck in my head.

really enjoy thought let me know what you think.

Drogon Malice, King of all things vaugely awesome but with no real power over them
    Last edited by Drogon Malice; May 20th, 2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: in the wrong place

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    sorry i've just seen this is completely in the wrong place can someone move it to zombie theory please!

THANK YOU!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Holy crap, wall of text. You should get the Osiris Award for Ridiculously Long Posts! I may have to print this to read it.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Holy crap, wall of text. You should get the Osiris Award for Ridiculously Long Posts! I may have to print this to read it.
    hey Osi are you doing all the spelling and grammar on this, something you said in chatbox the other day made me think you are, i just want to confirm.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    "i was thinking perhaps something in the blood maybe some kind of protien reacts to the mico amounts of salt on the human skin this explains why when scratch killed that guy over a false confession about the tanker it took a while for the scent to get there, salt water would of been in the jars of sweat pegs i think it was gathered up from people."

I just read the end part but from what I read you're being very in depth and I like it, When I have the time ill take a read through it more

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    That's pretty in depth, nice.... But I'm sorry to say that Saul was right all along.... http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...=can-squid-fly

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Does anyone know how long it would take to run a genetic comparison between say a pre and post infected tissue sample? For instance, how long does it take for them to run a paternity test?
    SKITTLES?

"Scavenger"

Status
    They have new a fast track DNA testing which can take as little as 4 hours.
    http://http://www.environmentalgraff...e-now-possible

Now keep in mind this is not as definitive as a standard DNA test (fast track test will narrow down the field to something lie 1:100,000 vs. an actually full DNA profile which is something like 1:1,000,000,000), a standard DNA test usually take 3-4 days to complete seeing how they have to culture cells (may have the wrong terminology) to have enough DNA for the test.
    Last edited by Loyal Retainer; Jun 10th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I like how in depth u are... However, ur green eye theory, in my opinion is based no evidence or understanding of "The Arena". It never describes inks eyes as green and the reason for Samantha being torn up isn't for any wolf/alpha male reason, its just what happens to everyone trapped in the arena, its what happened to the hippy guy with the drugs whose name escapes me and its what would have happened to kalani and datu should they have never been rescued... Other than that, job well done sir

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas A. View Post
    I like how in depth u are... However, ur green eye theory, in my opinion is based no evidence or understanding of "The Arena". It never describes inks eyes as green...
    I'm not sure if this changes anything, but if Ink is the same as Mr. Pinstripe Suit then Michael describes him as having green eyes in R&R. Did you mean that the green-eye-theory as based only on the information from the Arena?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast