User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i kind of have to agree with osiris here. we don't have any real evidence that she went behind durais back on anything but the final assault on the tower. while we suspect that she went behind durais back to start the war, we don't have any real solid evidence. also, while i hate scratch, she is too good of a villain (much as she causes her own problems and then blames them on others (pokes osiris )) to kill off at this point. durai seems more like the CEO of bad guys while scratch is like freddy krueger in alcatraz, you don't want to meet any of those guys but she's definitely the worst of them.
    It's true that we don't know for certain that Scratch went behind Durai's back, but I do find it interesting that the people with Scratch never heard him mention anything about the attack. While he's not obligated to share every little detail, I find it hard to believe he'd keep quiet about something like this.

If Scratch did do this without Durai's permission, the chances that she'll do something like this again are pretty high. And that's where I think they're going to run into problems. The last thing a leader needs is to have their authority undermined by someone like Scratch. And if there was a power struggle between the two, I have a feeling that Scratch would win.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    After hearing Part 2 of Chapter 29 it seems clear to me that there's little risk of the Mallers taking over Fort Irwin. However, it does raise the question of what Fort Irwin is going to do about the Mallers.

We know that the Army is conducting active rescue missions to find survivors. Are they going to want to "rescue" the Mallers? Or conduct a raid to rescue their slaves? If not, will they be willing to provide them with aid and assistance? Or will the answer be to fly a bomb into the new Maller base to destroy them?
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; May 7th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

I think the mallers would actively avoid any convoy or group they saw that looked remotely official. Ft Irwin could still be in the dark about the mallers. This depends on how far away the Colonel is willing to send his spec ops and recon patrols. It also depends upon the quality of the people conducting those patrols.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I'm starting to reconsider my thoughts of the Mallers as simply just a bunch criminal slavers. So far in the story, they are the only group that we know of, actively fighting back against the zombie horde.

Also, there seems to be women other than Scratch working willingly the Mallers. Easter Bay was a male prison and I don't remember anyone of the characters saying that there was a woman's prison around LA. So I can only conclude these are non prison women working willingly with the Mallers.

I'm not saying that the Mallers are some sort of anti-hero group or something like that, but I think there is more to them than just being simple convicts.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I'm starting to reconsider my thoughts of the Mallers as simply just a bunch criminal slavers. So far in the story, they are the only group that we know of, actively fighting back against the zombie horde.

Also, there seems to be women other than Scratch working willingly the Mallers. Easter Bay was a male prison and I don't remember anyone of the characters saying that there was a woman's prison around LA. So I can only conclude these are non prison women working willingly with the Mallers.

I'm not saying that the Mallers are some sort of anti-hero group or something like that, but I think there is more to them than just being simple convicts.
    you're a woman in LA (follow me here) and zombies over run the city. these convicts break out, but they seem to be doing pretty good against the zombies. you are one woman. wouldn't you join them for self preservation? they're criminals, and some are animals, but as long as durai has command over them, they will stay in line, and durai is not the worst person i've ever heard of.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I think in the chapters The Devil's Workshop there is another woman Maller. She mentions that she volunteered to attack the zombie HQ. She wasn't ordered and it didn't sound like she was threatened to do it.

In Kalani's diary, didn't it sound weird that Scratch wanted Kalani to shoot at the Mallers to start a war. Why do the Mallers need provocation?

I'm just saying theres more to the Mallers than just being thugs.

"Lurker"

Status
    not even close, fort irwin boasts thousands of WELL trained and supplied men, plus air supperiority, wheras the slightly trained handful in the tower were able to fight off the mallers at the end of chapter one with furniture <_<
    honestly, the mallers wouldn't even cause one casualty to fort irwin <_<

"Gatherer"

Status
    I guess you missed the Fumbles video earlier in the thread.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I agree with many others here. Let's say there are about 60 Maulers and about 50 Military Personal at Fort Irwin. The Military Personal would destroy any Maulers because of one, them having way more guns and ammunition and two because of the military training. The Maulers wouldn't stand a chance to take over Fort Irwin. I guess it would be a fun fight but in the end the Maulers would be destroyed and they would be exterminated from the series.

However, I can see the Maulers using Angel, Burt and Pegs as a means to take control of Fort Irwin, but the Military Personal would not let that happen so I can see Michael, Datu, Kelly, Riley, Tanya ect.... leaving Fort Irwin to get back their friends if they found out that they were still alive.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Here's my tinfoil red string theory

Next time we see Lizzy, Burt, and Angel, they will be working with the Mallers. Lizzy and her baby bump will be head of zombie research, Burt will be a master of arms, and Angel will be arm and arm with Scratch leading the troops.

The we have a Randy/Michael deal where they wont tell us why that happens. Dam you KC why wont you tell us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123