User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WND episode 31

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    So in the last WND yall seemed very convinced that kalani is dead. And the general consensus (at least that I've picked up on) seems to be that at the end of chap 24 (52:00) the near dead person found was angel and that kalani is in fact dead. But if you ask me the sound effects of the debris the mallers are walking on while inspecting/getting said person sound remarkably similar to the ones in 26-1 at about 14:25 when saul and victor are inspecting the chopper remains. This would lead me to believe that kalani was actually the person found which would make scratches line of "I found what I was looking for" make much more sense. Meaning that britt you will not have to be too troubled if hannah is in fact still alive. (Assuming of course my thoughts all pan out). Well that's my two cents, do with them what you will.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by symon_r View Post
    It feels really self indulgent but I'd really like to hear some discussion about my point on the 27-3 discussion thread about the zombies potentially demonstrating some form of instinct for self preservation when they didn't round the corner to attack CJ after a few of their fellows had been mown down. I'm by no means an expert on zombie lore overall but that feels like it would be a new concept for zombies and would elevate them beyond an uncontrollable corpse with no sense of right and wrong.
    That's actually a question that goes all the way back to Chapter 2, Part 2, when they're clearing the lobby of the tower after a group of zombies get in. Remember how one of them takes cover behind a counter when Angel and Michael start shooting at them? There was a lot of talk of Smart Ones associated with that action, but what if it was just the first indication of this survival instinct you've mentioned?

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Zombies aren't dumbasses.. If their being shot at they'll either attempt to over ride you with their massive masses or sneak attack you. That's the way animals work.
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

"Lurker"

Status
    Who is better off...really? The people organizing and working together, or the lone-wolf guerrilla style survivors. I never understood the safety in numbers thing. Skittles and CJ have the right idea, keep moving, enjoy it while you can. Unless we can find out just what the hell the zombies game plan is what the hell is everyone trying to do. Survive? Survive what? The ever present threat of death, what else is new eh? Rebuild society? Well that assumes they can beat the zombies at a game they don't even know the rules for. As much as I like watching society and humans being deconstructed as well as destroyed I am curious about the world vision here.

"Lurker"

Status
    Sorry, I guess I really should have asked a question; how about, do you think the survivors will eventually put aside the drama and work together against the common threat, or will they destroy themselves and the zombies can have the leftovers.

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy Beamen View Post
    Who is better off...really? The people organizing and working together, or the lone-wolf guerrilla style survivors. I never understood the safety in numbers thing. Skittles and CJ have the right idea, keep moving, enjoy it while you can. Unless we can find out just what the hell the zombies game plan is what the hell is everyone trying to do. Survive? Survive what? The ever present threat of death, what else is new eh? Rebuild society? Well that assumes they can beat the zombies at a game they don't even know the rules for. As much as I like watching society and humans being deconstructed as well as destroyed I am curious about the world vision here.
    The humans know the game, Kill or be killed. They just don't know the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Beamen View Post
    Sorry, I guess I really should have asked a question; how about, do you think the survivors will eventually put aside the drama and work together against the common threat, or will they destroy themselves and the zombies can have the leftovers.
    I hope they either sort their shit out and work together or just manage to get a higher power of authority. I'd hate for Kc to go down the road of, Oh No! Humanity can't sort out their differences! We brought this on ourselves! We Deserve this! Blah Blah Blah
    Last edited by daredevil; Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Things I found interesting and worth discussing on the podcast, some have been already mentioned:
    - the intelligent zombies: we already knew that, besides the "It's Paul, help us" we also had a "Move" being spoken on Lizzy's recording. I agree with Daredevil, I wouldn't read too much in the "Leave her" line: CJ is terrified because it's the first time she hears one talking, that's all. They leave her because to get to her it's clear they will have to go as a horde and many will die, it's simply not worth it.
    - good bit about the "happiness pills". We've been shown yet another alternative to survival. Martin is a good support character too, he's on air for like 3 minutes and yet his background is as deep as he needs to be.
    - Am I the only one that was caught off guard by the ending of the episode? It feels odd, but I can't quite point my finger at the reason for it.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    reason for the ending feeling odd huh? how bout....

kalani was conscious enough to know datu was there..to hear him talk of the other tower (ours)
    it felt similar to me..like the tail end of a dream just before you wake up
    KC managed to give us the entire kalani backstory..full of detail, full of emotion, full of many answers...AND STILL NOT CONFIRM KALANI AS THE RAT! *shakes fist*
    ok...im better now..was pretty friggin genius i must say. answer a ton of questions..except the one thats staring you in the face..brilliant

i think the big question for me at this point is why did mr. suit wearing zombie go down to the basement in the first place? in my mind it seems a bit out of character for him to be so hands on and direct as to specifically make sure the leader of the tower lived...i dunno. did anyone else get that vibe..or do i need to up my meds again?
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    i think the big question for me at this point is why did mr. suit wearing zombie go down to the basement in the first place? in my mind it seems a bit out of character for him to be so hands on and direct as to specifically make sure the leader of the tower lived...i dunno. did anyone else get that vibe..or do i need to up my meds again?
    That doesn't seem odd to me, I guess he's surveying the battlefield in the aftermath.
    Stop the meds, but make sure you have your tinfoil hat on you at all times.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    wasnt the aftermath though..still was action going on upstairs, hence cj saying she "waited three hours after the last gunshot"...meh...much ado about nothing i suppose.

and the hat isnt socially acceptable, plus tinfoil hat+metal plate in head= strange ability to pull radio staions from portugal inside my scull...i dont speak portugese.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast