Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Right, I'm guessing your thinking the Kelly angle...thought about that one as I was saying the above bit...what you said would be the likely scenario in that case...(or for anyone else lurking we didn't notice/hear from)
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I said this first and built an accurate theory, THE RAT IS KALANI!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    I said this first and built an accurate theory, THE RAT IS KALANI!
    you know, up until the last chapter i would have agreed with you. several characters have been given "just enough" evidence to make them a possible rat. but in truth, kalani has been portayed the most "rat-like". had he simply died, and left his journals behind as evidence as to the hows and whys of what he did..i for one would have been satisfied. im quite sure the backstory to the "that was my hannah" thing is quite the heartbreaker,and would have put a nice closing on a mid-way point of the story

but thats not what happened

instead we are presented with this entirely new scenario, one where a person from (presumably) the other tower is still alive. and she just so hapens to (presumably) be the mythical CJ. that puts a whole new spin on things. im quite sure we will hear even more tales of kalani being not quite shady, but at the very least questionable at the other tower. just adding more fuel to the fire. this does not sit well with me, i smell a red herring, as do many others on here. ultimately i think it will come down to one of the core members of the original group. and in the end,the things he/she did early on (pre-the party) will be the downfall of everybody we have come to know. hats off to KC for doing it the right way
    KAW

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Right, I'm guessing your thinking the Kelly angle...thought about that one as I was saying the above bit...what you said would be the likely scenario in that case...(or for anyone else lurking we didn't notice/hear from)
    At this point, I'm just enjoying throwing fuel onto every possible fire. I'm pretty much leaving my vote at Datu and riding it to glory knowing I'm wrong. So I'll just sit here and fan the flames of all theories.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    At this point, I'm just enjoying throwing fuel onto every possible fire. I'm pretty much leaving my vote at Datu and riding it to glory knowing I'm wrong. So I'll just sit here and fan the flames of all theories.
    I've got your back. King datu...the most overlooked of possibilities..hes the one pulling the Keyser soze..not skittles
    KAW

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    My hesitation about Datu being the rat is that he's been with the Tower from the start. Michael and crew discovered him trapped in the elevator way back when. To me, that would instill a heavy loyalty and gratitude to the group and I have a hard time seeing him betray them in such a manner. As valuable as his mechanical skills are, he still depends on the others in the Tower for his survival. He's also part of the core group with strong ties of friendship. As compelling as this might be from a storytelling perspective, to be betrayed by someone from the original group, I just don't see how the Mallers could persuade him to turn traitor.

For this same reason I have a hard time believing it could be Pegs or Riley (coupled with their romantic connections within the Tower).

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

And that's the allure, the genius of it!

(I honestly don't have a clue, but I kinda like the idea of the entire datu persona being an act)

edit: at some point ill work up a very detailed speculative "datu's the rat" scenario. its fairly interesting, in my mind at least
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    KAW

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    at some point ill work up a very detailed speculative "datu's the rat" scenario. its fairly interesting, in my mind at least
    I look forward to reading it. I don't recall Datu leaving the Tower much on missions, and the only time he was unaccompanied outside of the Tower was when he was being carried back to the Arena, so I'm curious to hear how the Datu=Rat scenario would play out.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    For a long time I was thinking Angel, but I think his relationship with Scratch works itself in a different way.

Can't believe how many people are sticking with King Datu the Resourceful.

Kelly seems too obvious. I like the Pegs theories, but I don't particularly believe she could justify it to herself, unless she mistakenly believes that selling out to the Mallers will make them all safer. She cares about Michael too much. And as for Kalani, I agree with what 7odd said.

So who else? Riley...? But what on earth would her motivation be?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I voted for Michael because he's the one who outed a rat to begin with. He's the one who started this whole discussion and it'd be really cool if he just did it to screw with everyone.

------
    BTW. this is a joke.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast