User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I wonder who else was evacuated to Fort Irwin?

When Michael asked his guard what the situation was at Fort Irwin that soldier, Private Thomas, said "It's whoever's stationed here still, sergeant. This is the place where they send..." at which point he was cut off by Corporal Puck. Send who?

Then another soldier recognizes the ID number from the helicopter? The only way a group of Army MPs would recognize a Coast Guard helicopter is if they had either seen it before or had been alerted to be on the lookout for it.

These points makes me think that Fort Irwin was an evacuation site during the outbreak. It may be the place where the Coast Guard took the first arrivals to the Colony, or maybe it was transporting high value evacuees from Los Angeles.

My personal theory is that Fort Irwin is where the government took people who were doing research into the zombies. A group from Star Labs group was evacuated out of LAX, but one helicopter, the Coast Guard Pelican, never arrived. It was carrying vital equipment/supplies/research, etc. and everyone has been alerted to look for it. The Tower survivors didn't know what the cargo on the helicopter was, and left it sitting on the pad at LAX. This necessitates a trip back to LA to retrieve the cargo.
    Good theory about the chopper. My first instinct was that this was the one that their CO may have taken for recon or rescue in LA but this sounds good too. Either way, I feel like these are plausible explanations for the MP5's. The trip back to LAX would give the group the opportunity to meet up/ search fo Tower survivors.
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I could go either way with the Coast Guard and MP5. They do not go together in our world, but in a story it is OK. It is not like they were using Davy Crocketts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Cr...uclear_device)

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I respect the writing and the art for taking its time to let me (and mrs mem) know for sure if angel and burt are dead or alive. we also apologize for the profanities we scream at the speakers each time an episode ends and we dont know.

the mp character having a different accent than i remember hearing is one of the reasons i applaud your skills KC. It never gets canned and you do a great job of keeping things new and exciting.

Now tell me what the ****** happened to angel and burt!!!! jk

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    wait, are we talking about MPs (military police) or MP5 sub-machine guns?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I enjoyed the episode and was glad to see Irwin was not overrun, but nothing is ever that easy for our heroes. You also know that whenever Pegs gets excited about a possible rescue, there's bound to be more going on than meets the eye (like at the colony). I'm curious to see what we learn from Fort Irwin. I'm very hopeful there's a connection with the Jolly Green Giant and we can see if those theories pan out.

Also Hooray for the return of Mr. Whiskers! When we next see him, he'll probably be joined by a gorilla with a baseball bat.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Swapping uppers in an environment like WA would be close to impossible. Your barrels would be impossible to keep clean, and the chamber would be full of so much stuff that you'd have constant jams. I'm not one of those "M16 variants are horrible and always jam" nut jobs either. My M4 saved my life plenty of times and I trust the AR platform since I know how to use it. But short of sealing the upper in a plastic bag to carry it around, you're just asking for a dirty chamber. I like the idea, though. It makes a very versatile fighter and eliminates an entire weapon system.

I know for a fact that our UH-60 pilots had MP5s. Granted, the JGG isn't a Blackhawk, and our pilots are US Army aviators, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the original rescue pilots for the JGG weren't Army pilots that didn't already have a bird. I'm grasping at straws with that theory, but it's not THAT crazy.

Thanks crowbar. That is in my top 5 scariest things that has ever happened to me.
    One Shot, One Kill. No Remorse. I Decide.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I too am inclined to believe that the JGG was used for civilian evac by Ft. Irwin, to/from LAX most likely. Since the Tower found the helicopter shot up and with only blood and body parts (no cargo) surrounding it, there must have been a maller-type ambush, followed shortly by a surprise zombie attack pushing back or killing the maller horde, thus leaving the JGG wounded but intact.

In any case, seeing the same chopper returning to home will be an eye-opener to Ft. Irwin (except to Corp. Puck, who is not only clueless, but sounds a whole like Saul). There will be some 'splaining to do by Michael when he is asked just how they happened upon this helicopter by the CO. Up until now, Ft. Irwin certainly hasn't rolled out the red carpet for their new found refugees.

My interest still lies with the health and whereabouts of Burt of course. In trying to piece the Saul and Victor re-inactment of the fall of the tower and possible escape routes of it's tenents, I just got more confused. I think I remember that the Tower spread the zip line with grease as a defense mechanism. That would make it pretty useless for both climbing and repeling. Hopefully the zip harness brake worked for Burt in shortening his fall somehow. I doubt it did the same for Angel. I'm inclined to believe he rode the building down to the ground yet somehow survived.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The grease would have made it harder to climb up it but not harder to slide down. The thing I wonder about the rope is did the grease help protect it from the fire or was it the reason the rope snapped?
    Last edited by Test subject 9; Feb 1st, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    Now that I'm a drill sergeant, I know most MOSs that are common across the Army. When I was on the line, I knew 31B from seeing them around post and from WLC. Actually, before drill school I knew most MOSs that we run into at work. I agree that a lot of us don't know MOSs by alphanumeric characters, but if he didn't know he, he could have just asked.
    I still call those 31Bs as 95Bs... and it takes me a minute to realize that a "modern day" is NOT a commo dude.

Yes, I'm getting old.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Ok, also, what if those MP5s came from some Private Security Company working on behalf of the Coast Guard as protection or a Quick Reaction Force? I have visions of the PSCs in the series Jericho popping in my head, and those Blackwater, Xe, whatever-they're-called-these-days provided gun support for State Department in Iraq. PSCs could easily have MP5s in their inventory. Just saying...

Ok, back to Battlefield 3 for now... waiting for Monday is killing me.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast