User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Glenn View Post
    I agree with your point, Osiris; however, our little group has moved beyond being just survivors, they're heroes, though I know they would never think of calling themselves that, 'The Heroes'. 'The Survivors' isn't very creative either. And 'The Towerist' is just plan awful. By calling the Mallers 'The Maulers', I've put them on the same level as the other enemies the our heroes face: the Biters, the Jumpers, and the Runners. [Dorothy of Oz: The Biters! The Jumpers! The Runners! Oh my! (repeat)]
    I think that collectively the survivors should be called 'Eagles'. That would fall in line with their use of bird names as radio call signs. No one had the call sign 'Eagle', which surprised me. Pegs could say something to break the tension when they land, wherever they're going, as the helicopter engines are whining down, "Houston...the Eagles have landed." Michael: "Eagles. I like that."
    What have they done that is so heroic? Did they decimate the biters home, likely causing heavy casualties? Nope. That was Scratch. Did they manage to successfully defend their own home? Nope. Pile of bricks. Did they escape with numbers? Nope there's only a handful. Have they committed heroic acts of bravery? Absolutely, I will not dispute that. However, they are far, far from heroes my friend. I'd be more inclined to call them simply... The Lucky Ones.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Glenn View Post
    I think that now that the 'Mallers' have left 'The Mall' they should be referred to 'The Mawlers'. Just saying.
    if we're identifying the group by where they live or what they do why not "the movers" cause they're leaving the mall or "the slave owners" cause they have slaves. How about "the group formally known as the Mallers" Or my favorite cause the writers are such big "Lost" fans "the Others"

To be honest they will always be known as "the Mallers" cause it will only confuse the listeners at this point to change it now. An audience are not always that smart. Just like whenever u see a movie where a AC Vent or a Fan has ribbons dangling to show ppl that air is blowing.
    Last edited by zzfist; Sep 7th, 2011 at 03:44 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: Amisiel
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    P.S..
    I don't think KC likes cats.
    I agree they saved Lady, where is Mr. Whiskers..

On a side note everytime I heard the world maulers I thought "Maulers" not "Mallers".. Did anyone else actually not immediatly think Mallers.
    The wisest man I ever knew taught me something I never forgot. Although I never forgot it, I never quite memorized it, either. So what I am left with is the memory of having learned something very wise that I can't quite remember.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Mr. Whiskers hasn't been seen since chpt 12 I believe. Rumor has it, he's went undercover...looking for the rat.

and maulers seems a fitting title, if you look at the groups behavior...its very reminiscent of the huns...durai being an attilla type character,or perhaps...

KHAN!!

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: Amisiel
    God save Mr.Whiskers

See, I think of the Zombies as a better fit for Maulers the way they now travel in groups..
    The wisest man I ever knew taught me something I never forgot. Although I never forgot it, I never quite memorized it, either. So what I am left with is the memory of having learned something very wise that I can't quite remember.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Man, I could go off on many different tangents about how the groups within the story are just studies in the sociology of group behavior..buts that's another thread....or blog...hmmm...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12