User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I don't have a very extensive knowledge of military and it's weapons, but of what I do know, I think the weapon is going to be the M6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle. It was built for taking out tanks, but can sure as hell be an anti-air weapon too.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbeardhawk View Post
    Burt was stocking a nuclear warhead. Check out http://crapaganda.com/science-fact/f...y-experiments/.

"In the 1960s, the Army had more than two thousand guns meant for launching small nukes, each with a maximum range of only 2.5 miles. The Army lit one of those firecrackers in the Nevada desert during the summer of 1962 while Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy watched. It exploded only 1.7 miles from where it was launched, and was the last above-ground nuclear explosion conducted by the United States."
    Yea, it was called the Davy Crocket.

I do not think you are too far off the mark with this one. If raydon labs, or whatever the name of the mega corporation is has enough juice to have a top secret experiment spanning the globe and literally wipes humanity off the map with it suffers a hickup, I could see them gathering a few davy croketts in some accounting gimicks. Burt is of the right age to be a part of those DIP (Die In Place) Divisions to be stationed with those weapons in the Fulda Gap. Interestingly, World War Z references this type of thinking when Wainio (battle for yonkers) says the last of the Fulda-%uck-tards...

Do I actually believe what I wrote above. Probably not. But, there is enough background information to make plausible. Especially when there are zombies running around in the mythos

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Yea, it was called the Davy Crocket.

I do not think you are too far off the mark with this one. If raydon labs, or whatever the name of the mega corporation is has enough juice to have a top secret experiment spanning the globe and literally wipes humanity off the map with it suffers a hickup, I could see them gathering a few davy croketts in some accounting gimicks. Burt is of the right age to be a part of those DIP (Die In Place) Divisions to be stationed with those weapons in the Fulda Gap. Interestingly, World War Z references this type of thinking when Wainio (battle for yonkers) says the last of the Fulda-%uck-tards...

Do I actually believe what I wrote above. Probably not. But, there is enough background information to make plausible. Especially when there are zombies running around in the mythos
    Isn't a weapon like that a means of last resort? First thing is they'd have to outrun the thermal blast if they planned on living.
    Whatever the weapon is, i'm betting it isn't a 1 and done type like a launcher. It'd have to be something that works on multiple targets. Having said all that, I don't feel that it'll be something so mundane as a BFG (Big F'n Gun) or rocket launcher.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It was not last resort like the MIRV city-killers. It was part of normal doctrine, albeit an escalation of conventional munitions. It came out of the 50s when the US believed that a nuclear was winnable. Nuke threat assessment is three; Light-Radiation, Blast and Fallout Radiation. A simple infantry trench at range would protect from Light and Blast. The ground pounders were not the only ones with fun toys. You Air Force guys had the Genie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR-2_Genie) Basically, an unguided air to air rocket with a nuclear tip. It was designed to take out entire flights of bombers.

But, I agree it is not a RPG or LAW. Davy Crockett is far enough out on the GeeWiz scale to be a contender. But, I got the feeling it was more of a personal weapon.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

PSN ID: killerbeardhawk Steam ID: eaaccount420
    so maybe it wont be a nuke. would be a nice cliff hanger to end on a BOOM!

What about a tank or submarine? I can hear Scratch opening the hatch just to yell.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    I'm pretty sure a tank or a submarine wouldn't fit in a safe...

I think when Scratch mentions it she says she doesn't want to use it unless she has to. This in 21-2, at about 9 minutes in for anyone who is interested. This makes it seem quite possible of something pretty devastating like a nuke launcher. Good old Fallout 3.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

"Scavenger"

Status
    well burt could have had a place they dont know about in his shop
    I quickly started kickin
    beat him with the crowbar
    until he finally stopped twitchin
    Shaggy 2 Dope - Base Head Attacks

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I still think that talk of nukes or WMDs are an over-reach, unless the safe they're talking about was from some place other than "Locked and Loaded" (Raydon Labs maybe?).

Remember that Burt was a Vietnam era Marine. Every other special weapon he had was something that could have been a souvenier from that service or something that is hard, but not impossible to get through the black market. Small nukes, chemical weapons, etc. are things that NO Marine has access to in the service (their NBC support comes from the Navy) and that even well financed international terrorists have a hard time gaining access to.

And let's not forget that Burt said that "the good stuff" was in the hidden room where Vera and the 50 Cal were hidden, not in the safe that the Mallers emptied.

"Scavenger"

Status
    just wanted to say if anyone said RPG then well done

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbage patch View Post
    I like the idea of a LAW, or maybe an RPG-7 or some other bazooka-type weapon. It's totally in keeping with Burt's other souveniers, the claymores, the 50 cal, etc., things he would have used in vietnam. Pocket nukes, chemical weapons or other weapons-of-mass-destruction are a little over the top.
    That's RPG-7 FTW!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast