User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    CJ's group of survivors from the 'other tower' were also carrying out supply runs as well

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post

Burt's small safe was broken into by a safecracker, probably one of the mallers.
    i assumed that was done by Latch, thats how he got his nickname - as he had a skill in opening things.... just my guess

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I completely forgot about the colony there for a second but yeah, they are a factor as well

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Colony is most likely not a factor in the raiding of LaLa Land. They are too far south, and they were staying close originally because that was an evac site for two or three days I believe. And during those two or three days they were under constant attack. So that burns their time raiding LA by being trapped by zombies hoping for a way out.

The Mallers may have taken care of a good many number of the areas near them and LAX. However, I don't think that every single solitary store that got raided in LA was at the hand of the Mallers. If nothing else, there has got to be way too many stores for the Mallers to take care of by themselves. 200 people or not, you aren't sending out all 200 mallers on scavenging missions at once, especially not if they have taken slaves that they have to keep track of.

If you fan it out from the mall, and take into account breaking them out would have taken at least half a day what's being said is the mallers made it around 25 miles and scavenged every single store in between the Mall and Locked and Loaded. That doesn't seem all that plausible to me. It's just way too much ground to cover. Even if you narrow the window to stores between the Tower and Locked and Loaded (the route that Angel and Saul took to find Burt) that's still a lot of ground to cover (traveling from the Mall to the Tower area, and then starting to scavenge seems....not right to me at all)

My guess, because I can't think of it happening in any other way, is Scratch is the one who jacked Burt's wall safe full of stuff before she got to Eastern Bay to break everyone out. All the damage had been done before Burt got there, so Scratch must live on the East side of the city to get to Locked and Loaded before Burt could, steal a bunch of stuff, and leave Burt to be trapped in the bathroom. As for the rest of the stores? Well, we've met/know of at least 4 sizable groups of survivors. How many more groups were out there that we don't know about?

Add into that fact: The panic that occurs when riots break out. People make mad dashes for things to 1) Stock up and Prepare for the worst or 2) Go to a store in hopes of being able to cop some free stuff because everyone is distracted.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    It makes sense that Scratch would raid Burt's gun store before releasing the prisoners at Eastern Bay. She would want to stock up on weapons and ammo before undertaking such a risky attack, and she must certainly have seen the need for weapons in the immediate aftermath of the breakout. I suppose she could have conducted the robbery by herself, but it's also possible that she had a gang of accomplices working with her (families of other prisoners?). This could all have been part of a plan developed well in advance, just in case she had the opportunity to break Latch out someday; the sudden breakdown in law and order during the zombie outbreak gave her the chance to put her plan into action.

"Lurker"

Status
    hey guys new to the forums . When a large scale incident happens, the first thing everyone does is horde. Just look how food and other supplies fly off the shelves during a major storm or other natural disaster. People focus on personal survival, so shelves empty fast. If the survivors went house to house they would have a much better chance of getting supplies. Also the thing with the mallers is way, way off base. During a crisis like a pandemic or whatever, all jails and prisons are locked down hard and fast. In the real world not like in Louisiana, there would be a prison full of corpses right now.

My question is about all the PMC or private military contractors running around LA. There are dozens if not hundreds of contractors, body guards and other armed security, with plenty of fast reactionary forces to secure a building. Or exfiltrate their primary to a more secure location, leaving behind highly skilled, armed and motivated people to secure a secondary structure. Man that was a lot, sorry didn’t mean to get long winded.

"Scavenger"

Status
    The Maller's came from from the prison, So who knows who survived. The first couple of days there probably would have been mass looting anyway. Besides the Tower just kinda sat around and did nothing but squabble. But who knows if the Maller's did it all.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I don't subscribe to the idea that the stores were emptied during the events at the start of the story. It takes time for people to get to the store and engage in panic buying, even more time for mobs to form to loot them. But we know that most people were overwhelmed in the first hours of the zombie onslaught, so they would have never had the chance to do any of this.

However, it just occurred to me that about two-thirds of the survivors living in The Tower are people who had survived the initial zombie onslaught, and were attracted to The Tower because they saw Pegs' sign, "We're Alive". So that means that there were 20+ people who survived the initial wave who were close enough to The Tower to see the sign and willing to take the risk to check it out.

That isn't much of a survival rate, but it's a lot higher than what I'd been imagining. If these results were typical then there were probably thousands of other survivors holed up around LA in the days following the attack. Before long they would have had to venture out for food and supplies. Add that to the looting being done by the Other Tower, the Mallers and, I still contend, hungry zombies who remember that you go to grocery stores to get food, and it makes more sense that the stores would have been depleted by the time The Tower crew started scavanging.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    The Mallers have two things they are doing besides raiding. First, they were taking fuel trucks. We already know that early on they were collecting fuel trucks for an attack on the arena (This does mean that they already knew about the Arena.). Second, The Mallers are/ were creating zombies for recreational purposes. Those are two majorly weird things. We know that the Mallers had been to Locked and Loaded prior to Angel and Saul. They took over a freaking MALL, meaning that they have plenty of food from shops/restaurants. It doesn't give them a lot of time, food wise, but enough for about a day or two. Also, we already know that the ZOMBIES eat anything edible, including dog food.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    Second, The Mallers are/ were creating zombies for recreational purposes.
    Where do you get that information from?

And they took over a strip mall, meaning there isn't necessarily a food court there. Most strip malls have stores that are all connected on the outside, but there's no internal space/way to get from store to store.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast