User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Here's what I'd do.
    Take 3 fire teams. 2 for search and clearing, one for overwatch/security. Since they only have 20 something people, you'd have to be creative with the team make up.

Alpha squad:
    5 members. 1 heavy weapon (Burt with Shirley works) 1 shotgun, 3 semi automatic weapons.
    This team would be the primary search team. Tonya would be on the team but not included in the numbers.

Beta squad:

4 members. 1 heavy weapon (anything .357 to .40) Riley and her bow, 2 Semi Automatic weapons
    This team is for security after the floor is swept. The maintain the entry point and one quick egress point. Anything that comes into the hallway get's popped.
    They're also in charge of setting up make shift defensive fighting positions. That simply means they place as much junk between them and any possible hostile.
    Riley's job would be to take out anything.. you know what? Switch Riley out for a spot on Alpha Squad. Silent hunter.

Charlie squad is for perimeter defense. 4 members. They're outside in the hummer with the .50 cal. Saul with his SAW, two others with M4s or M16's (range and lethality). Each person gets a compass point to control.

Each person would have to carry a crowbar too (sorry, couldn't help it). But seriously... 1 person on the first two teams would carry a tool for breaking or for anything they needed to help with leverage.

My plan would be to sweep on more than 3 floors and I'd try my damndest to enter from the 2nd floor or the highest floor picked to start searching. It's always better to attack and defend from an elevated postition. The first floor is normally the admin/first impressions area anyway.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I think Ink will be there

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Crowbar, it looks tactically solid if resistance approaching the hospital is non-existent. But, I am not sure I want to get into close quarter combat with that many noobs. Muzzle disciplin is going to be a huge problem.

I would feint an aerial insertion to observe the reaction. We have to recon at least by binocular to see the overt condition of the life lift. Maybe pull the checklist lap sheet or whatever pilots have. It is going to need electrical power for the battery. That almost ensures two trips unless those batteries are standardized.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I think as a supply run it's a one and done. You're not going back so you get what you can as fast as you can and as quite as you can.
    You hit it in the morning also.
    Sorry, but I must have missed something Arthur. Where'd the air assault come in? I need to read Yarri's first comment again.
    But, keeping with your theme. If they do air insert, who's rappeling? They'd have to train. Actually, NM. They could land if the helo pad is near the main body of the hospital.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Crowbar, it looks tactically solid if resistance approaching the hospital is non-existent. But, I am not sure I want to get into close quarter combat with that many noobs. Muzzle disciplin is going to be a huge problem.

I would feint an aerial insertion to observe the reaction. We have to recon at least by binocular to see the overt condition of the life lift. Maybe pull the checklist lap sheet or whatever pilots have. It is going to need electrical power for the battery. That almost ensures two trips unless those batteries are standardized.
    oh yah, resistance is why the hummer is set up outside. fiddy cal with the saw and whatever nasty things they get from Burt's stash.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Yea, I was considering the landing pad to examine the copter. I am not interested in anything in the hospital. There is nonthing there that is required. They will be at the fort and have all the supplies they need or they are SOL.

If they have to fight their way to the hospital there is no way to get back out again. At best we are looking at Black Hawk Down with the non-armored convoy or a remake of Butch Cassiday and the Sundance Kid.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Art,

One thing I thought about with a Helo is that they're LOUD! They'd draw all the creatures to them. Which isn't a bad thing actually. Fuel permitted. I'd make as much noise on the roof as possible. Then as the creatures flood onto the top floor start peppering them with molotovs and hot lead all from the safety of the sky.
    I would have dropped off a team or two a block over and had them wait for a signal. Once the fun started they'd enter the building and be able to look around longer.
    If they had walkie talkies, they could talk with Tonya in the chopper (hard because of the noise from the chopper and the fighting) and she could coordinate what's useful and what isn't.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

That is a pretty good idea and could be practiced once to see how well the helo pulls the attention of the zombies. It would probably do a good job to prevent zombie reinforcements. But, I am not sure how effective it would be to get the zombies inside the hospital. Maybe there are only smart ones there. But, you are asking normal zombies to detect the sound above them, see the sound maker a couple of blocks away and head downstairs. It might be a bit much for the average zombie. The behavior we have observed is they run to the sound. They do not have the cognitive ability to run to where the sound will be.

Depending on the location, Tonya could stay at the tower with the Helo functioning as a repeater to improve range. I would use what was saved in lift capacity to have a 55gallon Drum of Fun for our friends the zombies. But, the first priority is the other chopper. Hospital supplies are a secondary objective.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    That is a pretty good idea and could be practiced once to see how well the helo pulls the attention of the zombies. It would probably do a good job to prevent zombie reinforcements. But, I am not sure how effective it would be to get the zombies inside the hospital. Maybe there are only smart ones there. But, you are asking normal zombies to detect the sound above them, see the sound maker a couple of blocks away and head downstairs. It might be a bit much for the average zombie. The behavior we have observed is they run to the sound. They do not have the cognitive ability to run to where the sound will be.

Depending on the location, Tonya could stay at the tower with the Helo functioning as a repeater to improve range. I would use what was saved in lift capacity to have a 55gallon Drum of Fun for our friends the zombies. But, the first priority is the other chopper. Hospital supplies are a secondary objective.
    Dun, dun duuunnnnn!
    Well, from the start of the outbreak sound was the main thing that drew them in. Smell is secondary to drawing attention, but 1st in finding where you're hiding. They've evolved from the ones that pulled MR. honk from his car and the ones drawn to the alarm, but i'm pretty sure a big ass whirly bird would draw even the smart ones from the hospital. They still have to fight their new instincts after all. Here's something to think about, they could use a bottle of funk to draw them out.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I dont have much to contribute but to say I cannot wait till they get to the hospital. Something about hospitals are extremely creepy to me, even as the are now. So with the added zombies I will highly enjoy it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast