User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Zombie" Virus

"Lurker"

Status

"Zombie" Virus

I remember in the live Q&A last year a question was asked about the "virus" and if it could mutate. Shane avoided answering but it seems to me like it can. At the beginning of the story, the zombies seemed like the ones in movies, unintelligent and instinct driven, but as the story progressed, they became smarter, and more varied. There were no behemoths, runners, jumpers etc. at the start, so where did they all come from?
    Last edited by lkiam; Apr 18th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    In all honesty, it's very likely that the Behemoths, Runners, Jumpers, Smart Ones etc. were there since the beginning. Remember that LA is a big place, even if there were hundreds they could be easily missed in the panic, confusion and chaos that marked the beginning of humanity's end. Add to that that Runners, Smart Ones and Little Ones look like normals (at least that's how I picture them), and that Jumpers probably were jumping from rooftops to apartments, it's very likely that they were just missed as no one paid any attention to which type of horror monster was eating their family and friends.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I thought they said it depended upon the person... The virus did not mutate as have a different reaction to different people.
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    I thought they said it depended upon the person... The virus did not mutate as have a different reaction to different people.
    This is what I thought. I remember them referencing that the smart ones were previously smart as people and that it carried over once they mutated. I don't think much detail has been given about why each particular zombie is what it is (behemoth, little one, etc...) but at the Q&A it was said that the why will be revealed (although not when it will be revealed).

"Lurker"

Status
    I think that the virus is mutating, as the "food supply" or humans starts drying up, then it will be the zombies that can do other things (ie Paul) that won't die out as quickly. Remember Skittles said that he believed the "jumpers" (I think) had died out. I also can stop thinking that these "little ones" are really just infected kids.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    I like the idea of a microbe of some sort. It would be all domineering, in order to fight off mass decay and keep rigor from setting in, and possibly even keeping the host well, alive.
    Teeth
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Has anything ever been said if these things have a heart beat of some kind?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I hope it is not like a 28 Days Later deal...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    In the first episode they said that "Headshots seem to drop them like stones" and before that, they were not stopping. I think it's safe to assume that they don't have a heartbeat
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Lurker"

Status
    that would also explain, why at the beginning of chapter 11 or the end of chapter 10 when Burt shot "Paul" with 2 in the chest he didnt die. But i have a question, If they dont have heartbeats, how can they feel pain? Because again when burt makes the 300 meter shot, we can clearly hear "Paul" roar in pain. just a thought

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast