User Tag List

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Lightbulb Colony, Mall, and Gatekeeper

As I was posting in the episode thread, it occurred to me that Gatekeeper acts a lot like someone who was (or should be) in a maximum security prison. He could be a former maller, perhaps along with some of the guards. Maybe he was too sadistic and they kicked him out! Does anyone recall any hints that would back this up or refute it?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

There is no previous mention of an expelled Maller. Possible? Sure. Likely? In my opinion no. Besides, if he was so sadistic to be kicked out with a group of supporters why not just turn around and kill Durai and take over the Mallers?

So as of now, no hints that Gatekeeper is actually a former Maller.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    I am sure there are more than just 1 prison's worth of scum located in California.
    In fact, there are numerous ones.

He could be Maul material, but it would be a long way to go in a really horrid time.
    Then again, HOPE got to the Colony from TOWER 2, and shes freakin blind!

Good ear.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    I am sure there are more than just 1 prison's worth of scum located in California.
    In fact, there are numerous ones.

He could be Maul material, but it would be a long way to go in a really horrid time.
    Then again, HOPE got to the Colony from TOWER 2, and shes freakin blind!

Good ear.
    Hope got to the Colony because Sean brought her there. It's not like she aimlessly wandered South from L.A. and stumbled upon the Colony on her own.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Scavenger"

Status
    Noted and known, but if Shawn got her with at least 1 other person thats still a feat yo!
    Who knows they could have even walked with the ZED's munching on all their friends behind them.
    We know about the fire escapes, and if our tower is any example the noncombatants would be up high with the soldier survivors closer to the action to fend off the attack.
    How would Shawn (This awesome great badass) get HOPE out of Tower 2 without:
    A) Being close by to her when the stuff went down. B) Having time to prepare to leave Tower2.

Thought occurred to me while typing this: he must have been either extremely close to HOPE (Which means we will hear about it), or she is just extremely lucky.
    Period...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    Noted and known, but if Shawn got her with at least 1 other person thats still a feat yo!
    Who knows they could have even walked with the ZED's munching on all their friends behind them.
    We know about the fire escapes, and if our tower is any example the noncombatants would be up high with the soldier survivors closer to the action to fend off the attack.
    How would Shawn (This awesome great badass) get HOPE out of Tower 2 without:
    A) Being close by to her when the stuff went down. B) Having time to prepare to leave Tower2.

Thought occurred to me while typing this: he must have been either extremely close to HOPE (Which means we will hear about it), or she is just extremely lucky.
    Period...
    We know about balconies in our Tower. But there's no mention of a fire escape. The only thing we know about the other Tower in terms of its structure is it had a window large enough for Hope to jump out of from the 3rd story and a fire escape she couldn't get to. Most modern apartment buildings don't have exterior fire escapes, so the Tower Hope stayed in was older.

Sean would have have been street level when she jumped or been able to see her fall since he told Hope she hit the ground very hard. That means he would have had to see it. Listening to the flashback it certainly implies she jumped out on her own without anyone near her. As for how they got down south to the Colony, that is unknown. Hope said she was carried the whole way.

There's no doubt Hope is lucky. If she landed hard enough to make her blind, she certainly hit nearly hard enough that she could have died.

"Lurker"

Status

Did I miss the chapter explaining how Michael, Kelly & Pegs escaped the colony?

Whoops...found it...sorry 'bout that.
    Last edited by MarlaSinger; Apr 4th, 2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: found what i was looking for...