User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I don't think that basic training in this world is going to be anything like what we went through. I'm imagining something shorter, less focused on creating a break from your past or inculcating the military ethos, and more focused on the skills required for zombie fighting. I agree with Nik that we're not likely to see much, if any of it as it happens, and there's a good chance Riley won't end up going through the entire program.

For the record, Claire Dodin already did the second coming of Joan of Arc on her episode of Deadliest Warrior. Here's the link: http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/u...eason-3-ep-302
    Those are my suspicions too, that the basic will be an abbreviated affair. I also have a feeling with time for formal training that she will turn out to be one hell of a marksman, even sniper given her background as a world class archer. Sure, Basic Rifle Marksmanship and archery are vastly different but the four basic fundamentals of BRM I'm sure have a close parallel in archery.

Saw that episode, I forgot to mention it though. Quite fitting.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Those are my suspicions too, that the basic will be an abbreviated affair. I also have a feeling with time for formal training that she will turn out to be one hell of a marksman, even sniper given her background as a world class archer. Sure, Basic Rifle Marksmanship and archery are vastly different but the four basic fundamentals of BRM I'm sure have a close parallel in archery.

Saw that episode, I forgot to mention it though. Quite fitting.

introducing the female hawkeye

you know riley will do bad in basic training i think because shes french she might get alot of ribbing about why shes not running away either she'll break, drink her self stupid and be injected into boulder where she will break the fuck down and kill herself OR she'll snap back strong as hell maybe break some guys nose and once out of basic training be put into a lance corporal position, beside isn't micheal due a promotion soon.

i can also see him becomming base commander i think maybe the mallers will roll up some how, "8 grand" could be "8th and grand station" which means the mallers are stocking up trains and are heading north, theres also word of them head south aswell so maybe the colony is going to get messed up pretty bad, who knows or maybe stocking trains to go south. its tough to call maybe they'll go south first then head north with a much larger force and be another war, base commander gets killed micheal gets put in charge again given his experiance the mallers shout out angel is dead maybe execute burt in public something like

burt: "don't do it micheal!"
    scratch: "shut the fuck up" *blam* 9mil injection back of the head, micheals breaking down, rileys freaking out, soldiers got no orders....mallers attack....simply put thats going to be a blood bath

but back to riley i think one of those 2 senarios will take place

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post

you know riley will do bad in basic training i think because shes french she might get alot of ribbing about why shes not running away either she'll break, drink her self stupid and be injected into boulder where she will break the fuck down and kill herself OR she'll snap back strong as hell maybe break some guys nose and once out of basic training be put into a lance corporal position, beside isn't micheal due a promotion soon.

i can also see him becomming base commander i think maybe the mallers will roll up some how, "8 grand" could be "8th and grand station" which means the mallers are stocking up trains and are heading north, theres also word of them head south aswell so maybe the colony is going to get messed up pretty bad, who knows or maybe stocking trains to go south. its tough to call maybe they'll go south first then head north with a much larger force and be another war, base commander gets killed micheal gets put in charge again given his experiance the mallers shout out angel is dead maybe execute burt in public something like

scratch: "shut the fuck up" *blam* 9mil injection back of the head, micheals breaking down, rileys freaking out, soldiers got no orders....mallers attack....simply put thats going to be a blood bath

Huh?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    basicly riley will take flak for being french during basic training, other soldiers will probably rib her for being french and that she should just run away, this will cause her to either snap the fuck back and break someones nose, end up in prison and still do basic training and come outo as a lance corpral or she'll quit and go kill herself in boulder

i kinda randomly segwayed for reasons unknown to me into the mallers and whats going on with them

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i'll make fun of the french all day long (what was the last war the french won? ) but if she's jumping in and taking up arms to get MY back, i wouldn't be ribbing her at all through basic. now that's not to say the di won't eat her lunch for being french (you look french, i think i will call you latrine) but i don't think her fellow trainee's will give her flak. just fyi, i was joking up above, but i don't really like the french because when i was in france, they were all very rude to me for like no damn reason. of course, i wouldn't hold that against any frenchman i happen to meet, but i was very unhappy during my stay in france.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    yeah the french were rude to me during some of my visits to france

"Lurker"

Status
    yeah the french were rude to me during some of my visits to france
    Because you were an American

"Lurker"

Status

?????????

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    I was quite anti-French until I went there, I found them to be fine, particularly if I tried to converse in French, even though I'm very bad at it.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I don't think Riley will get much flak for being French during training. Instead I think she'll get mad respect from the other trainees because she's a veteran, who's fought and killed zombies, who's had first-hand experience of the more exotic types, and who survived in enemy territory. I expect that her colleagues are going to mostly be people who came from Boulder, who may have never seen a zombie before, let alone fought them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast