Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Forgiveness given

ALCOHOL!

There are a number of instances where we suspect that someone MAY become infected. To add to the mystery, we are denied information to conclude that person X was absolutely exposed. In most, not all, of those instances alcohol was involved.

1) Riley and Angel in the stack of bodies at the arena. They doused themselves with wine prior to that scene.
    2) Saul getting shot by Burt, possibly through Tommy. Saul was the drunkest dude at the party.
    3) Tanya dragged by Randy. No drinking involved. She is the outlier. This doesn't disprove the hypothesis but highlights that there could be unique circumstances concerning her that is not readily known or understood.
    4) Riley on the farm. She was tore-up from the floor-up drunk. While Kelly and Michael searched for her Kelly made a number of comments that Riley was not alone.
    a) The tracks Kelly and Michael follow diverge into two tracks.
    b) Kelly says, "The tracks might not be hers."
    c) Riley is STILL at the Weed.
    My point isn't that the alcohol's smell masks our heroes from the zombies but that the massive amount of alcohol in Saul's and Riley's bodies either prevented or assuaged any infection they may have gotten from an exposure to zombie blood or drool. I thought it was well established and widely accepted that the smell of alcohol masks human scent from the zombies. During the war KC pretty must nailed home the fact the Saul was drunk. A lot of story time was used focusing on Saul intoxication. Each episode is 30 minutes or less so that would be an expensive 'filler' scene. Having one less soldier to fight wouldn't have mattered since they had no weapons. Riley was established as a lush in season one. She being a wino was only significant twice. Once to clear her suspicion of shooting Pippin, the other so that she could wander away in a drunken stupor, only to be found be Michael while Kelly continuously screams, "... these tacks look like they're going the other way!....Michael, the tracks might not be hers.... She's covered in (?)..."
    What, Kelly? What was she covered in? Ding dang it, Michael! Why do you always interrupt people when they might have something important to say?
    Check this out: Michael in Hawaii, December 7 1941.... Mike, "What are you looking at through your binoculars?" Random Sailor, " I don't believe it but I think I see..." Michael, " Just what the hell are you getting at!!??" Sailor, "You know what? Forget it!! I'm going back to the Arizona!"
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    My point isn't that the alcohol's smell masks our heroes from the zombies but that the massive amount of alcohol in Saul's and Riley's bodies either prevented or assuaged any infection they may have gotten from an exposure to zombie blood or drool. I thought it was well established and widely accepted that the smell of alcohol masks human scent from the zombies. During the war KC pretty must nailed home the fact the Saul was drunk. A lot of story time was used focusing on Saul intoxication. Each episode is 30 minutes or less so that would be an expensive 'filler' scene. Having one less soldier to fight wouldn't have mattered since they had no weapons. Riley was established as a lush in season one. She being a wino was only significant twice. Once to clear her suspicion of shooting Pippin, the other so that she could wander away in a drunken stupor, only to be found be Michael while Kelly continuously screams, "... these tacks look like they're going the other way!....Michael, the tracks might not be hers.... She's covered in (?)..."
    What, Kelly? What was she covered in? Ding dang it, Michael! Why do you always interrupt people when they might have something important to say?
    Check this out: Michael in Hawaii, December 7 1941.... Mike, "What are you looking at through your binoculars?" Random Sailor, " I don't believe it but I think I see..." Michael, " Just what the hell are you getting at!!??" Sailor, "You know what? Forget it!! I'm going back to the Arizona!"
    The one we can't fit in this theory is Duncan. He been alone most of the time and I don't think he drinks.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    The one we can't fit in this theory is Duncan. He been alone most of the time and I don't think he drinks.
    Smeagol... uh I mean Duncan, wouldn't be explained by this because we haven't seen an episode where he is bitten. Tanya, on the other hand, is the outlier. There are questions of whether or not she has been exposed, and when and where if so.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Apr 19th, 2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: I forgot a word
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Love the episode! One thing I just thought of, and may have been addressed in the 20 pages of the thread, maybe the 'anti biotic' Tanya gave Saul is not and 'anti biotic'. Saul said he did not know what it was, never heard of it. Maybe it is some sort of cure or protection. Maybe Tanya's freakout is about a bite or scratch and with her 'anti biotic' she has been able to postpone or cure an infection. She is afraid when the personnel find the injury, they will take her out or use her as a test subject.

"Lurker"

Status
    Sorry that was a lame theory... maybe mole man burps and farts... I dunno. I should go join them... maybe they will accept me since society doesn't. BOOHOO!!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Bean View Post
    "Talk to me Goose!"
    I thought that was a sure sign that Vic was a goner in this episode. I had to take a moment when Saul said that!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Also, he left class and depending on how long it took to find a TV there were already reports from the news stations which would seem to fast to me.
    When I first listened to that episode, I don't know why, but I kinda assumed that the video was coming in from a news chopper. This is LA after all. I've never had the opportunity to visit, but from the stories I have heard about the goings on in the city... It stands to reason that a good news channel would have a news chopper in the air nearly all the time to get the jump on breaking news.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Again the problem I have with this is the timing and perhaps the location of the University/College in relation to Inglewood. If there was an underground explosion of that sort of level that he could hear, then it is likely that the might have felt the ground move. To make cracks in the ground of that size it needs to be a reasonable major jolt.
    An earthquake or explosion wasn't something that any of the reports they collected in the Tower mentions. It seems to be likely that might have come up at some point.
    True, to crack open the Earth as deeply as it is implied by Saul's surveying, it would have to have been a significant quake. Something on the order of 6, 7 or even higher magnitude. Unless the widening of the cracks is something that has been taking place for a loooong time, slowly and steadily. The "explosion" could have been the "gas" build up inside the crack(s) finally punching through and there was no quake at all.

Another thing that occurred to me today is that Kolani said that this started on the Big Island and then spread. As it happens, only the Big Island has active volcanoes today. Two in fact. He also said that they were nastier there than the ones in LA... The crust is "thinner" in Hawaii, therefore it stands to reason that IF something welled up from below the surface, Hawaii would get a bigger/worse "dose."

The analogy I'm thinking of is an air bubble under a sheet of ice. It will spread out, "looking" for ways to escape. Either through holes (Hawaii) or cracks (San Andreas and sub-faults)

So, did this only happen to Hawaii and LA? Or did this happen all around the Pacific rim, along the "Ring of Fire?" Or globally, starting at faults and volcanoes?

Here's the thing. We can kick around all these reasonable hypotheses, but why the near simultaneity of the "event?" In my mind casts doubt on it being "natural." So is it the "End Times," the awakening of an Eldrtich Horror, or has Mother Nature finally had enough of our crap?
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    so, what i think i'm hearing here is that the key to survivng the zombie apocalypse is to be beyond smashed 24/7. i can dig it.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    so, what i think i'm hearing here is that the key to survivng the zombie apocalypse is to be beyond smashed 24/7. i can dig it.
    Can you shoot straight drunk off your ass? I'm not sure I could how about I just wear the booze like perfume?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast