User Tag List

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Giant 'squid' a la Watchmen.

ibOzymandiasConspiracyTheory
    Last edited by Osiris; Apr 16th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Ok, so now that I've digested things a bit more, here's my formal post for the latest:

On Ground Zero
    If you remember, waaaaaay back in Chapter 1 (at 2:23, in fact) there was the sound a loud explosion when Michael was in class with that awful professor... It certainly seems now that the explosion happened at ground zero and was caused by some kind of seismic activity.

I checked, and there actually is a fault line that runs right underneath Inglewood, I believe called the Newport Inglewood fault line. The wikipedia article does say there was a 4.7 quake on May 17th 2009... very close to the May 8th starting date of our story. I also found this MAP which shows exactly where the fault line runs in relation to the streets. Seems like we found the origins of our zombie outbreak right there, folks.

Bodies, Blood, & Dead Trees
    The interesting thing here is the absence of all living--or dead--or undead-- things here, due to some kind of gas, it seems (haze), that has emitted from the ground from these cracks. There is probably a larger explosion site from which the cracks spiderwebbed out from, seemingly. And all the dead bodies laying around, which were not collected by Ink and the Gang... why not? You'd think the Zombie Gas would be like fertilizer to them, but they stay away... why? Too much of a good thing??

What is Saul?! What is Tanya??
    So the Tanya / Saul immunity thing is no secret now, and I agree with Adventureless Hero and others that it is genetic immunity--not antibiotics--that enables Saul to somehow breathe in Ground Zero. But how can one be immune to a natural gas outbreak??

And yes, I agree to the notion that Tanya has secretly found out she is somehow immune (probably because she got bit before but didn't turn). However, she doesn't want to let others know about this, lest she get the chains and armed guard treatment, or worse! Perhaps she is afraid someone will just kill her, thinking that she is just a really slow turner or something. In that case, I can understand her aversion to inspection by the Army dudes.

Prediction: I see a situation coming where both Tanya and Saul will become the guinea pigs for a zombie cure in their respective areas (Ft Irwin and LA, respectively).

CJ Sabotage?
    And lastly, it seems that CJ may well have left Victor's tank half-empty on purpose, given that she "checked it twice" and yet he still ran out of air well short of the time allotted. Why would his be half full and not Saul's? It's possible that she wanted to use Vic as a guinea pig to see if he would in fact turn once he entered Ground Zero, although I'm not sure what she could learn from this (she already had intel that this happened before, right?). Anyway, she is looking pretty frigging manipulative lately...
    Hey. On the point about Saul's tank... have you considered that immunity could be based on ethnicity? It might seem kinda crazy at first, but how many African-Americans have we seen turned? As a matter of fact there's only been a handful of black characters on the show. What if CJ knows this and thus, didn't bother shortening Saul's tank because she knew it'd be a wasted effort?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'd imagine Hope is on that list too.
    yeah definitely Hope. She is prolly going to try and get Kelly and Pegs too. I hope she does! So funny how Victor was freakin out on Saul. TWO WEEKS is going to be HARD! I am glad Vic didnt die. I was just sure it had to be him! I was looking at the time left thinking "last dying breathe" ahhh you got us KC. BTW the last few chapters have been ON FIRE! my of ALL of them, and I didnt think you could top Devils Workshop

OH MY...Congrats to you and Blaire! God Bless you both! I hope you have a wonderful wonderful life together!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Mole people..Alls I'm saying

Good episode..can theorize on this for weeks
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    I still think Tanya is making them immune, as she can (drips, needles no telling)...she is prolly a veterinarian for a reason!

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    I'm so glad no one died in this chapter, beside Kalani of course.
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    I'm just happy that Saul and Vic didn't find a cave or hole containing a plug, that if unplugged can end the world.
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TASM View Post
    Hey. On the point about Saul's tank... have you considered that immunity could be based on ethnicity? It might seem kinda crazy at first, but how many African-Americans have we seen turned? As a matter of fact there's only been a handful of black characters on the show. What if CJ knows this and thus, didn't bother shortening Saul's tank because she knew it'd be a wasted effort?
    I'm not saying that ethnicity isn't a factor in immunity, but if it is shouldn't we be seeing more African-American survivors, not less?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by abayarts View Post
    I'm so glad no one died in this chapter, beside Kalani of course.

ME TOO! I like Kalani! I might have done the same...I think by the time I hit second tower I would have told them what was up and asked for help...not sure what he was thinking, LIke the mallers would have REALLY let him have his DAUGHTER back...shpft yeah right.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Ok I am going to put down my thoughts as usual not caring if they have already been said. This episode got me very tense at several moments, even when Saul was pulling Victor's chain. Like Vic, I did not find it funny. Also I am worried that Saul's scrapped knee might have opened him up to being contaminated or infected by something. I don't buy that the powerful antibiotics flowing in Saul's veins allowed him to resist Ground Zero effects unless they have side effects I am not aware of. I admit to not being a drug expert in any way shape or form. This thing can't be bacterial, because then the effects would stay with you no matter how far away you got.

We can also rule out the soundwave weapon thing that deters crowds. Ground Zero effects are definitely in the air, meaning it is a gas or a spore or something else that you need to breathe in to feel. I will confess, though I am skeptic of it, Chapter 28 as a whole is major evidence for the Tink family immunity thing. Tanya's freak out about being examined, plus her earlier chilliness and now Saul's resistance to Ground Zero is quite the case. These things happening all at once is suspicious, like KC wants us thinking the Tinks are immune...

I have my theory on the cracks. Clearly they are the opening to Hell/Sheol, if you follow the Abrahamic religions, yay Jesus. Or to Tartarus, if you follow the beliefs of the ancient Greeks, hail Zeus. Or to Niefhiem, if you are a pagan Norse believer. Go Thor. That is where my religious knowledge ends, so in essence, the Underworld. I'm putting down my flag in the "escaped from Hell" theory, and I will stand by it!

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast