User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    why would Scratch tell them? And besides they never met him... Let alone know who he even is...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    why would Scratch tell them? And besides they never met him... Let alone know who he even is...
    Word travels fast around the colony. People know things they shouldn't necessarily know.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    That's not true. We did not hear from the additional staff, but we heard of their existence from Tanya and Dr. Did Not Know Better Than to Listen To Scratch was definitely a Colony doctor. A Maller doctor would definitely know to stay out of Scratch's way.

Right, and Tanya says to Saul in "About Last Night" that she has worked with human doctors and learned a lot from them, working on human patients. She says this when they are arguing about her qualifications to treat humans.

Also, Marcus threatens to review Tanya's contract as she is no longer the only medical expert in the Colony.

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    She was the only real medical staff they had and I'm sure everyone had come to her for one reason or another.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    My question though: Would the Colony actually pose a threat to Irwin? Priority to bring the Colony into the fold, sure. But I don't think they are a threat to Irwin.

Now a threat to Irwin-ites in the LA area.....oh hell yes.

Exactly! The only complicating factors involving an Irwin-Colony/Maller conflict would be (A) the dangers faced by our heroes, the Tower Folk, during a conflict and (2) whatever complexities the zombies bring to the table.

The Colony poses no threat to Ft Irwin unless it involves zombies. Hey, who knows, there might still be some sort of confrontation between the two groups but the real trick will be for our heroes to pull it off without getting their friends killed in the process. This story is about them, after all.

There are a lot of Tom-Clancy-esque, over-simplified ideas of why Col. Kimmet will feel compelled to attack the Colony or how the Mallers are some sort of 21st century Mongol Horde that sound just plain silly. So far KC hasn't written a crappy story and I doubt he'll start now. I enjoy speculating as much as the next guy but, even more so, I enjoy the surprises that come with each week's episode and the cliffhangers that start a new week's worth of speculating.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Ok, I think it is more than likely a given if there was any assault on the Colony from Ft Irwin it would be airborne. Remember the largest reason they flew to Irwin was because the freeways out were clogged. Also resources are limited such as fuel for helicoters. There are supplies that can be found and probably have already been found and tagged but a large assault would suck down alot of fuel. So if there was a rescue or assault it would be a small team.

Now that is even if Kimmet feels the Mallers are a threat. With that distance he could easily decide to keep then under observation and deal with them if they become a threat. And I can understand the idea of the Mallers maybe getting ahold of some heavy military hardware. But lets not get too crazy with the idea of long range missles and such. There is a fair amount of logistics as well as training to use these types of weapons. In my humble opinion I think we could see them get ahold of a helicopter as well or even some armored equipment though I feel even a tank will be pushing the limits of the Mallers abilities. But with any ground equipment they would run into the same problems a Ft Irwin ground assault force would have with distance and the logistics of a move that far.

I am definitely in with Lizzie being preggars with Sauls kid. Forget this Todd guy who became zombie chow with in 30 seconds of his appearance on the show. And even so, IF it was his, Saul would be all in because it was Lizzie.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by GodofInsanity View Post
    Ok, I think it is more than likely a given if there was any assault on the Colony from Ft Irwin it would be airborne. Remember the largest reason they flew to Irwin was because the freeways out were clogged. Also resources are limited such as fuel for helicoters. There are supplies that can be found and probably have already been found and tagged but a large assault would suck down alot of fuel. So if there was a rescue or assault it would be a small team.

Now that is even if Kimmet feels the Mallers are a threat. With that distance he could easily decide to keep then under observation and deal with them if they become a threat. And I can understand the idea of the Mallers maybe getting ahold of some heavy military hardware. But lets not get too crazy with the idea of long range missles and such. There is a fair amount of logistics as well as training to use these types of weapons. In my humble opinion I think we could see them get ahold of a helicopter as well or even some armored equipment though I feel even a tank will be pushing the limits of the Mallers abilities. But with any ground equipment they would run into the same problems a Ft Irwin ground assault force would have with distance and the logistics of a move that far.

I am definitely in with Lizzie being preggars with Sauls kid. Forget this Todd guy who became zombie chow with in 30 seconds of his appearance on the show. And even so, IF it was his, Saul would be all in because it was Lizzie.
    Remember the Mallers never had the same issues that the Tower residents and other groups had (most likely because of their numbers and tactics.) The Mallers have moved entire convoys through the streets, it has been mentioned that the Mallers "scouts" (as Tardust called them) are responsible with clearing the clogged roadways.

And I couldn't see the Mallers with tanks, but they have made armored vehicles before (remember the final assault on the tower?) Imagine a similar giant armored truck, or several of them, but instead of being giant bombs they are gun trucks instead.

"Lurker"

Status

*SPOILERS* Chp. 30 Pt.2

I have a quick theory on what may happen with the Lizzy situation at The Colony. When Pete refers to her as the the girl that's always around the big guy, perhaps this is showing that she is now either has feelings or is in love with Bricks? It has been 5 months since last we heard from Saul, even longer since she got kidnapped. Bricks saved her life on More that one occasion. Maybe she has a case of severe Stockholm Syndrome? People have certainly been known to switch their lovers faster than 5+ months. Another piece of evidence is that Pete says "She doesn't act like a slave." Maybe it's because she is pregnant and can't work, or maybe it's because Bricks has her back again. I'm really not sure what is going to happen, but it will certainly make for a good hair raiser to see how this will effect Saul's and CJ's relationship if Lizzy fell out of love.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    The Mallers aren't suicidal, they know a hell of a lot better than to attack a military base (which they don't even know where it is) with 200~ armed, trained, personnel. They got their asses kicked by four soldiers and a bunch of civilians before. If they are attacking, they have an ace up their sleeve. Anyway I think this is really useless speculation. We just don't know anything right now.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    Remember the Mallers never had the same issues that the Tower residents and other groups had (most likely because of their numbers and tactics.) The Mallers have moved entire convoys through the streets, it has been mentioned that the Mallers "scouts" (as Tardust called them) are responsible with clearing the clogged roadways.

And I couldn't see the Mallers with tanks, but they have made armored vehicles before (remember the final assault on the tower?) Imagine a similar giant armored truck, or several of them, but instead of being giant bombs they are gun trucks instead.
    the difference is that the mallers never left LA (i think the colony is still within the city limits right?) so they didn't have to deal with the highway. the only way to move an assault force to the colony on any kind of acceptable timetable would be by air otherwise it would take too long.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    the difference is that the mallers never left LA (i think the colony is still within the city limits right?) so they didn't have to deal with the highway. the only way to move an assault force to the colony on any kind of acceptable timetable would be by air otherwise it would take too long.
    Good point, at the very least by the time the Mallers/Colony cleared a path to the fort the personnel at the fort would be ready and waiting for an attack.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast