ummm....wow. Just...wow

This whole episode I was waiting for the moment when someone was going to die. I kept thinking that one was real and one was a fake out. For a moment I even thought both Datu and Lizzy were going to pull through and we would end up with a surprise like Scratch returning to kill someone. But nope, Kc opted to rip our hearts out.

I'm still pretty stunned and most likely will be for awhile. But...well, wow. It's sad to see Lizzy and Datu go, but their send off was amazingly well done. It's nice to see a writer actually put some emotional investment into character deaths (I'm still bitter about the HIMYM ending). Datu's end was particularly fitting, going out in the same place Samantha died. And he got to have his moment of peace before he went. As for Lizzy, once again, way to rip our hearts out Kc!

And thanks to Jay and Blair for their performances. Not only in this episode but in the series as a whole. One of the things that makes us love this show is the investment in the characters. Both how their written and the performances that bring them to life. And that combination really does make it feel like these people are real and makes us all care about their stories.

Damn, I think this is the first time I've ever been glad for a chapter break. I'm gonna need that extra week to recover.