User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    Also, Angel died in a way that ostensibly no one keeping a diar--sorry, a log would have been witness to and thus, could not have recorded in their log. But we still heard him die. I'm not proposing that the story is poorly written if characters don't get their own death scenes. However, the fact that KC stepped out of the frame (the story comes from logs) to tell the story of Angel's death seems to indicate that he's willing to give us closure with characters, even if he has to stretch a little to do so. I'm glad that he did it, too. In real life, we lose track of people all the time and spend our lives wondering what happened to them. Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare have cut down on this loss for my generation, but it still happens. The loss and pain that is inherent in real life is why people turn to fiction. It can give us answers. Fiction can make sense in a way the world never will. If WA were real life, it's unlikely that anyone other than the people in the room would know of Angel's courage and defiance in his last moments. But since WA is fiction, the listeners at least get to know. We get to see his heart be the bolder, and his courage be the more, as his might lessens, to paraphrase Maldon. KC could have just killed Angel off but he didn't. He gave us some closure with Angel and I hope he does the same for Pegs and Kelly.
    Angel's death was recorded. That's how we know it happened. Tardust turned on a camera and recorded the events.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    It's been a long time since I've calculated nuclear blast effects and downwind fallout hazard, so this is pretty rough...

Dang! It's gonna be a while before I can rep this. +1
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Wait, this was so focus on Datu and he even had a compliment from Michael, this can only mean one thing...... Datu is going to died soon...
    Definitely got this feeling. ^^

Hope is going to survive. My guess now a-days is she is probably the only one who survives out of all our hero's and she's reading the collective journals.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Angel's death was recorded. That's how we know it happened. Tardust turned on a camera and recorded the events.
    +1. Thank you for the correction, I've added it to my post.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

So, the evacuees are stranded.
    Little if any supplies.
    It's in the Rockies.
    It's winter.

Zombies or Donner party. Pick your poison.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Great episode! I love countdown scenarios! They always have my heart racing.
    When Michael was talking about how Datu had worked on the Pelican, I was waiting for him to say, "Fucking resourceful bastard."

I'm curious to see how the survivors are going to start forming a crazy survivor mentality. Not even 30 miles out and Datu and Hope are already getting robbed for supplies. The people are worse than the zombies, I tell you!

It'll be interesting to see if Robbins might know Pegs. Since she is a pilot, she may have crossed paths with the guy at one point or another. Also, whats with Michael's shitty luck with lighters?

So in the end, when the nuke went off, I was totally trying to listen to every detail and nuance of the blast. At first I thought the final rumbling, crackling sound was the air being fried, but if they could hear that then they'd obviously be dead. But I figure is the wind rushing passed them, Hope and Datu. It sounds very much similar to the way it sounds when a reporter is reporting live from inside a hurricane.

Were Pegs and Kelly on the north side of town or on the south? I recall someone reporting that they were having trouble evacuating the north side of Boulder. I'm going to find it a little hard to swallow if Kelly, Pegs, Datu, and Hope ALL survive, but then again, they survived the attack on L.A. which seems like it went down much worse than this. Maybe they had the smarts to get out of there before everyone else did?

So I guess now we play the waiting game to see if they managed to have 100% containment of the spread of infection out of Boulder.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    So the geek in me is trying to figure out how the CJ, Victor, Saul time line matches up with the nuclear detonation. I remember the recon of the colony took quite a long time so that would seem to cover the 11 days between the chinook crash and subsequent attack on boulder. So was the execution of Durai and the nuclear event on the same day? I don't know why this seems important to me but if anyone has any answers I would like them.
    Yes, they both occur on December 16th.
    1. Dec 4th: Blackhawk discovers Chinook.
    2. 11 days later (Dec 15th) Boulder is over-run.
    3. Dec 16th (Next morning) Boulder is nuked.
    4. Dec 16th Durai killed and Mallony attacked by Saul and CJ.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

@Adventureless_Hero:
    I concur with the opinion mentioned earlier on this thread that the sounds around Datu and Hope are based on something going on in the mountainside around them. They have stopped at a spot along the #6 where other cars stopped as well. Checking it with google.maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=39...p=0&sz=17&z=11

I may be wrong and the parking place or location with the group of cars provided by #100 is fictional; but if it is the one in existence, it might be the one I marked on the map with the A.
    Then check the mountains around it. They are actually like a protective wall shielding anyone there against anything that is taking place in Boulder. A nuclear blast won't directly hit that parking place - especially not with approx. 25-30mi distance to the blast. But what would happen is that the nearby explosion could start kind of an avalanche or something and that side. Near the parking place the mountainside is pretty steep. And I think that is what Datu is alarmed of at the end of #34-2/ #100

Again: I may be totally wrong ... But that's my best guess so far.

Pegs, Kelly and Lady were located in the North - at least their living place as Datu mentioned in #34-1. The trouble with the evacuation, I think, really has started at the end of the evacuation. So the evacuation in the North of Boulder might have lasted over the better part of the night. Thus I hold it as not unlikely that Pegs, Kelly and Lady (or one to two of them) made it - somehow-ish ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: refurbishing the text here and there ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Damn it, Mr Wayland, you have gone too far. You killed off a Nobel Prize Winner:

David J. Wineland

Did he find out too much about Mr Whiskers a.k.a. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat?

By the way, congrats to you, Mr Wineland.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    It's been a long time since I've calculated nuclear blast effects and downwind fallout hazard, so this is pretty rough.

Bomb Type: B83 1.2 megaton fusion warhead
    Equivalent Yield: 1,200,000 tons of TNT
    Prevailing Wind: West to East

Estimated Impact of 1.2 megaton ground burst over downtown Boulder:

Inner Red Circle—Area consumed by firestorm

Outer Red Circle—Probable total area of the firestorm

Red Arrows—Downwind Radioactive Fallout zone

The Federation of American Scientists provide an excellent description of the effects of a nuclear blast at this link: http://www.fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/effects.htm

The Nuclear Darkness website has a tool that allows you to simulate the blast effects of a nuclear bomb on a specific location. Pick a target location, pick a blast yield (1,200 kt for a B83) and see how it plots out on Google Maps.
    http://www.nucleardarkness.org/nucle...sionsimulator/
    Seriously. Where do I look you up in the event of apocalypse of any sort? You are the dude I want on my side
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast