User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

That sounds really, really familiar...
    joint-point-counter-joint

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Plurabelle View Post
    I am pretty sure the people at Ft Irwin are the mallers. The guy they meet when first landing is named Puck. Scratch says, "Puck is expendable" when they were attacking the tower the second time.
    Cupcake is right. But, good catch!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Ah, yes, the battle of 73 Easting. Tanks Forward to smash the heavy stuff and Bradleys trail to obliterate any infantry trying to rally and reoccupy anything that is left. I was going to mention it, because it was one of the few examples where command unmuzzled the dog. People have no clue how much damage these things can do in such a very short time.

One reason why I didn't care for "World War Z"
    They had guys in tanks dying..really? Like once they run out of ammo/shells the thing turns into paper. pfft!

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    exactly, i was never able to figure that out like in the walking dead: what happened to the tank crew at the begining? why didn't they button up and chill? there were some brits who sat in a damaged paladin for like a whole day waiting to be rescued. a paladin. and that's no where near as tankaliscious as an abrams.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Plenty of examples of tanks fighting swarms of infantry and winning. During the Korean War the Chinese lacked antitank weapons, so they tried using swarm attacks against the allied tanks. Large groups of infantry would attack a single tank, with dozens climbing onto the turrets where they would try to pry open hatches to drop in grenades or shoot the crews. It rarely worked. The tanker code "scratch my back" comes from that time. It's a request for another tank to sweep enemy infantry off using machinegun fire. Very few Chinese soldiers survived these attacks and they quickly abandoned the tactic.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Max Brooks had a serious anti-military bias. I know he is the son of Mel, but other than that, I do not know much. I think he may have been ROTC and flunked out. He has some really nice slang - Fulda Fucktards - and then proceeds as if Gomer Pile was in charge of the division.

I like what reaper and cabbage point out. It is a lot of rock paper scissors. Tanks crushes light infantry. Light infantry can bring down choppers and choppers wreck tanks. Since I think TOWTM will have very little air support, I want armor and mounted infantry.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I have mentioned this on another thread; one thing I find odd about Fort Irwin right now is that it cannot get in touch with the Colonel. It seems like Kc is possibly hinting at a plot here,a plot that could possibly impair their safety. Something does not seem right about it, surely they would always be able to keep in touch with someone that is quite a high ranked officer (if not highest in terms of who is left)?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Hell no, For Irwin is gonna burn like everything and everywhere else in the post-apocalyptic world.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    The latest developments at Ground Zero from "Last Dying Breath" Part 3 really cry out for Army hardware that can be found at Fort Irwin. In particular, Saul and Victor really could have used an M93 Fox NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) Recon Vehicle. This is a German made armored vehicle that the US military uses to investigate contaminated areas. The vehicle uses a sophisticated air filtration system and over-pressurization to protect the crew from anything in the outside air. The crew can work from inside the vehicle to collect air samples, run chemical agent tests and otherwise monitor the environment.

Maybe Micheal and crew can bring a Fox back with them when they return to LA!

LAND_M93_Fox_NBCRS_Extended_Mast_lg.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123