For a while I have been suspecting that Scratch is ex-military or has some sort of military type training. There are a number of details that I feel allude to this possibility. I'll just list them out and leave the notion up for debate. I'm really interested in hearing claims to debunk this theory rather than more evidence to support it. Keep in mind some of these are minute details but looked at in conjunction with the rest of all the possible evidence, it could be supporting detail.

Personality and Speech
6-2 We hear a conversation between Latch and Scratch discussing excuses to deliver to Durai as to why they let other survivors take one of 'their" tankers. In this little conversation Scratch says "...there we were, at the edge of our perimeter..." It's that word, perimeter that caught my attention. It doesn't seem like much but I noticed it the way Michael noticed when Pegs says, "Kelly and I will pull security from here..." to which he cracks the joke, "Pull security? Aren't we getting tactical?" The point is that there are just some terms that sound strange coming from civilians. Another example of a terminology catching my attention is in 21-1 in which she shouts over the radio, just after being attacked by a horde, "Get out of the killzone! All vehicles move forward! Regroup three miles south!" The word killzone seems like such an uncommon civilian word. Actually, if you look at that whole quote, there seems to be a very strong military leader presence in there. Then again she may be a bossy witch who just likes to bark orders and assume a military type role.

Knowledge
Some of my stronger evidence for my conclusion comes from some of her knowledge of weapons. Going back to 6-2 Burt threatens to shoot a big rig truck off in the distance in the fuel tank. Scratch laughs at this empty threat saying "Ha! He lies. It's too far and his gun won't pierce it. Hollow points wouldn't." Now I have been a bit of a gun enthusiast for a while but I'm not up and up on what type of rounds are available for what calibur pistols. How did Scratch know that he was likely using a hollow point round in his .50 Desert Eagle? How does she know such a round won't pierce the aluminum fuel drum of a big rig? I realize she isn't a girly girl, but such knowledge seems uncommon for even civilian with moderate weapons training. Then there is the pipe bombs. I will need someones help on finding this quote but I do recall that one of the mallers, possibly Tardust, says to Scratch that he doubts even her pipebombs would do such and such job. I forget what they were referring to but I do remember him saying, "...your pipebombs..." Now I am possibly reading way to much into that but it gave me the impression that Scratch is the creator of these pipebombs. Either that or she is a real bitch who steals others weapons and hordes them all to herself. If not her, I imagine the pipebombs were of Tardust creation as he seems to have demolition knowledge.
She also seems to be quite the strategist. She was able to coordinate a scheme that kept the towers best soldiers, Michael, Saul, and Burt away while she was planned her second assualt/negotiation for Pegs on the Tower. Hell, she was able to bring that sucker down! Her plan to send them off to a distance where return to the tower by vehicle was rather brilliant.

Past?
Not much has been revealed about Scratch in regards to her past, other than she let her older twin brother Latch take the fall for some crime she commited, landing him in Eastern Bay where she was later able to release him and all other Mallers during the onset of the Flesh Biter Blitzkrieg. But in 8-1 a possible history between Angel and Scratch is alluded to. Before even meeting Latch and Scatch face to face, Angel seems very hesitant about even talking with them. He repeats that it "is a bad idea." Later, when they do speak face to face, Scatch immediately seems to recognize Angel. With the thought that Scratch might have some military training already in my mind I immediately thought perhaps they attended OCS together, albeit briefly. She may have screwed up too much and been booted from the program. That is possibly where he could have recognized her and said, "Oh no, this chickadee is trouble."

So looking at all these subtle clues I hold the belief that Scratch has some kind of military training, possibly a little time in Officer Canidate School. Hell, she may be a spoiled kid just like Angel, which would explain a lot of her personality traits. Any thoughts? If you noticed anything to support this that I didn't mention, please feel free to bring it up, but like I said before, is there any hard evidence against this theory?