User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible to make a "good" zombie?

I was thinking about the origins of Ink being a smarter zombie than most of them and it made me wonder if a zombie can actually have a conscience or something more. I assume a few things here so bear with me:

1. Ink became a zombie through normal means and was not one of the original experiments
    2. Burt is correct when he says the smarter you are in life, the smarter you are as a zombie
    3. Ink is able to form more complex thoughts because he was a paranoid schizophrenic before being infected. This basically means his mind was extremely overactive which was a detriment in normal society but keeps his brain more active as a zombie

Unfortunately Ink was also a bastard and murderer. However, if there was another paranoid schizophrenic with a stronger conscience, would it be possible to create a "good" zombie? "Good" as in preferring to eat animals and dead humans over live people. Maybe even talk to survivors without trying to eat their face

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Very interesting theory.

So the obvious reason it can't happen is that it never really has happened in any zombie pop culture that I'm currently aware of. That's not to say it hasn't happened, I just don't know that it has. And if it hasn't been done in the last 60 years that means you can't do it so there! I am obviously joking.

The character who would be most likely to fulfill this theory is Skittles. If he were to turn, he might be able to keep his mind in tact. I think its hard to say that it could happen because the basic biological senses overpower normal sensibilities it appears. Like with Lizzy describing the sweat bottle experiment and how they couldn't seem to help themselves even though they knew nothing was there to eat. It's hard to know what makes Ink/The One with the Markings etc so special.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Now we don't know for sure that "ink" and "the one with the markings are one in the same. I don't think zombies have a choice on what they eat. This is a blood born pathogen that once it takes hold, it's almost like you resort to a feral state. Personally I think "the smart ones" just have a better grip their surroundings.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by They call me Revolver View Post
    Now we don't know for sure that "ink" and "the one with the markings are one in the same.
    Correct, I was trying to cover myself with the etc. I used it incorrectly and sorry for speaking so loosely. It is only hyperbole that Bill Roberts is in fact The One With The Markings....

....I really hope TOWTM is actually Ink....Ink is so much easier to type than The One With the Markings, TOWTM, or the Colored One....
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Very interesting theory.

So the obvious reason it can't happen is that it never really has happened in any zombie pop culture that I'm currently aware of. That's not to say it hasn't happened, I just don't know that it has. And if it hasn't been done in the last 60 years that means you can't do it so there! I am obviously joking.
    Have you seen a little feature entitled "Fido"?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    Have you seen a little feature entitled "Fido"?
    Can't say that I have. I found the wiki page and I'll read through it when I get a chance and if I feel so inclined I'll netflix it.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    I don't think we will get "good" zombie, it seems like the sort of stunt some laughable sci-fi B movie or comedy would pull not the brilliant writing kc has done for the show. If anyone could pull it off I reckon it probably would be this show. It would be a long shot. I'd rather not chance the whole show being tarnished for its fans like me an you. They could use zombies as tools though, much like when the mallers attacked or as a distraction.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The idea of a "good" zombie is an intreresting one but to be honest, I really don't want to see one in WA.

Heck, the best part about zombies is that you can shoot them in the brain and it won't keep you up at night.

"Gatherer"

Status
    This reminds me of the original Day of the Dead when the doctor gets killed so the zombie takes up a gun and kills the guy that killed the doctor. It just doesn't seem right, and I wouldn't want to see it in such a great podcast.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Just for people to know what Fido is. Look at the trailer.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast