User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Colony

The Colony

What do y'all think of The Colony?

(And why do I always picture the Cylon Colony from Galactica?)

I knew all along- sooner or later they'd find another group of survivors who are bigger, more organized, better equipped, better fortified, totally arrogant and full of themselves; with a leader voiced by Michael Ironside... Well other than Mr Ironside, that's what we've got so far with "The Colony". Haven't heard part 3 of Ch 18 yet, but this Colony thing is gonna suck for our heroes...

(Why do I picture an Admiral Cain figure stealing all the Tower's equipment, conscripting the useful people by force and murdering all the rest?)

...will they ever find another group of survivors who AREN'T maniacs?

(BTW the discussions for ep18 ch 2 and ch3 did NOT appear on my screen till AFTER I posted this, or I would have posted it under Ep18 Ch2 instead of starting a new thread. This Forum is really "buggy")
    Last edited by Pteranodon; Feb 10th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Moved this to theories. I think it fits better here.

I don't think we will ever meet a group who isn't maniacs. Like Michael said "All the passive ones are dead" thus leaving only a very certain personality type behind. Pegs is like the last of a dying breed. And she is becoming more of a "bad-ass" in that she actually shoots guns now.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    SHOT a gun. She was carrying the Stun gun correct?

sorry, that's all I had to contribute. I spilled my guts on "Have you noticed this" thread.. LOL..
    Last edited by cPT.cAPSLOCK; Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: multi-post, please use the 'edit' button to make additions

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'll call it as Shoots guns. She shot a gun when she killed Latch. She shoots guns now, in my opinion, since she unloaded on the zombie chasing the car. Yes, she was only carrying a stun gun, but if she had to take a gun to defend herself, I don't think there would be much hesitation from her at the moment.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't Mike the only one with a gun at the beach (of the two?) Note to Michael.. next time take the gun into the water with you. It'll fire

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Wasn't Mike the only one with a gun at the beach (of the two?) Note to Michael.. next time take the gun into the water with you. It'll fire
    He was. But Pegs was the one that shot the zombie chasing them in 17-1 around the 2:00 mark. That's what I was talking about. Michael was driving with a broken arm, so he couldn't take the shots, and Kelly said it was too close to her window. So if the zombie had pulled even with Kelly's window, that leaves just Pegs to take the shots.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I just LOVE how we always tend to go off topic. haha

I've even had to change the name to one of my threads to fit what we later talked about XD

Also The colony reminds me alot of a "town" you'd find in Fallout 3

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I automatically assume every other "civilization" in a post-apocalyptic world isn't big on hygiene and table manners. The ones that seem too perfect are usually up to something inhumane. I had other expectations out of this colony because of Pegs and Kelly's presence and the way one of the Outpost 1 guys (can't remember his name) kept dropping hints about it not being a place they want to go. I remain skeptical as usual. There's not enough hints in Chap 18 do any true speculating other than the obvious sign the place isn't as clean as it appears.

And not to go off-topic, Pegs has been packing since the fire.
    Last edited by Zombiehead; Feb 12th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    I automatically assume every other "civilization" in a post-apocalyptic world isn't big on hygiene and table manners. The ones that seem too perfect are usually up to something inhumane. I had other expectations out of this colony because of Pegs and Kelly's presence and the way one of the Outpost 1 guys (can't remember his name) kept dropping hints about it not being a place they want to go. I remain skeptical as usual. There's not enough hints in Chap 18 do any true speculating other than the obvious sign the place isn't as clean as it appears.

And not to go off-topic, Pegs has been packing since the fire.
    This one's sure big on hygiene- they're taking NO chances with letting the plague get in. And like I predicted, they're shaping up to be pompous uptight pricks about everything. I wouldn't beg food or meds from them if they were the last viable human settlement on Earth (which they may be)

I have a dual-theory about the Colony and Riley; assuming she's "in the closet" she won't be allowed to come out because the Colony's gonna require all the women to be "breeders"- I think the colony's only saving grace is that their leader's gay (he REALLY sounds gay to me; if he's not gay then he's some sorta Robert Picardo sound-alike) so he's not gonna hog all the females for himself like every other tin-pot survivor despot is probably doing all across the post-zombiepocalyptic world.

BTW Zombiehead your avatar rules! Is that you under the zombie makeup?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pteranodon View Post
    This one's sure big on hygiene- they're taking NO chances with letting the plague get in. And like I predicted, they're shaping up to be pompous uptight pricks about everything. I wouldn't beg food or meds from them if they were the last viable human settlement on Earth (which they may be)

I have a dual-theory about the Colony and Riley; assuming she's "in the closet" she won't be allowed to come out because the Colony's gonna require all the women to be "breeders"- I think the colony's only saving grace is that their leader's gay (he REALLY sounds gay to me; if he's not gay then he's some sorta Robert Picardo sound-alike) so he's not gonna hog all the females for himself like every other tin-pot survivor despot is probably doing all across the post-zombiepocalyptic world.
    The Gatekeeper we met is not Marcus, the leader of the Colony. They are two different people. We have not met Marcus yet. Here's the proof straight from KC. So if they allow The Gatekeeper in and he's gay, I would imagine they allow anyone else (so long as you can pull your own weight and do your part) into the Colony. Not to mention, he holds a very important role in the Colony and is the final safeguard to everyone's well being. If there was a lot of homophobic hate going around, there's no way he'd hold such an important job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast