User Tag List

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by smorg View Post
    did the chapter have a name?
    Chapter 48 - The Ink Runs Dry.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Chapter 48 - The Ink Runs Dry.
    Best title evARRRRRR!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I wish I could have been there.. I can not wait for the early access. More than happy to pony up $5.00..
    Likes Alizée, zombie Danny liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    what an ending! did not expect it to go the way it did. i am very glad to be able to have made it to the Live Event, had the best night last night 10553508_858201590874747_5361606156990154027_n.jpg
    Likes MrRedBeard, werewolf, Z Sniper, MGM Ray, Megg and 1 others liked this post
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Wow just wow.. I have to say after all these years and Mondays this is how you finish it! From sacrifice to revenge to giving us a glimpse of the future. Thank you to Were Alive team for so many memories.

Also so glad Scratch went out the way she did hahahaha all those time she got away.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls kenobi View Post
    what an ending! did not expect it to go the way it did. i am very glad to be able to have made it to the Live Event, had the best night last night 10553508_858201590874747_5361606156990154027_n.jpg
    wish I could have been there. damn it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Another thing I liked about this episode were the callbacks that people have mentioned already and some instances of parallelism.

I noticed two things concerning Scratch.

1) When Burt is talking to Pete on the landline. Pete tells him they need to get Scratch now. He ends with "Kill that bi*ch!" and Burt growls in response, "I WILL!" That is a callback to the scene when CJ is in the Colony hospital trying to rescue Burt. Burt, from within his cell, says "whoever you are, shoot that bi*ch!" and CJ shouts "I WILL!"

2) As for the parallelism (or maybe one could call it a callback):

When Scratch spots Burt lying on the ground after the fall of the Tower he tries to reach for Shirley on the ground next to him. Scratch kicks it away and then moments later knocks Burt out.

When Burt spots Scratch lying on the ground after falling from Dunbar Tower she tries to crawl on the ground for the gun. Burt kicks it away. Later Scratch reaches for her knife in her boot and Burt knocks her out.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    One last post (sorry to monopolize).

This one has to do with the uplifting/crowd-pleasing tone of the finale. I remember while listening to all of the WND podcasts nikvoodoo kept pointing out that zombie fictions never end on a positive note. I agree with his assessment and certainly where "We're Alive!" ends is a completely different place than "The Walking Dead" (comic book series). The former makes survival seem more difficult (so long as their are Smart Ones out there) whereas the latter makes survival seem pretty manageable. But the former ends with a feeling of hope for the human race where the vibe of the latter is of despair and resignation that no matter what you do, everyone will ultimately end up dying. A similar phenomenon is true for Romero's "Night of the Dead" series and the "28 Days Later" series. Even though none of the zombies in those mythologies are as scary as the We're Alive special ones, their tone is pessimistic about the future of humanity.

So once again KC broke with convention by having the majority of the main characters survive in the end and I'm happier because of it. it's clear to me that the strength of "We're Alive" lies in the rich development of its characters. The zombie apocalypse subject matter (with a twist) while important, is not what kept me coming back for more. I think KC said in an interview how difficult it is for him to kill off one of his characters and I think it showed. We didn't have to deal with that many deaths and so when they happened the deaths were incredibly emotional and powerful (I cried during 42-3 and 44-3 like I haven't cried for anything else in a long time, even in my real life). I'm glad most of the heroes survived. I like to think that most of these folks I have come to know on such a personal level are still out there somewhere, fighting to stay alive.

But back to my first point, most zombie fiction I see tends to devolve into a critique about humans like "as bad as the zombies are the humans are worse to each other" or the "zombies are really a reflection of the worst that humanity has to offer" In contrast "We're Alive" is very pro-humanity. I feel empowered that we can overcome anything (with a few bad apples like the Mallers to contend with) and continue to survive. And thus I totally dig the optimistic ending to this series.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    God damn i wanna know what happened....
    Likes Verse liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I loved it. can't wait to purchace the early release. The cast members werr sitting on the stage during the final episode. I was worried that someone would subtlety tip off what would happen in the next scenes, but they were pros. They waited until after each scene before they expressed any emotion so asto not give anything away.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast