User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    I missed a lot of discussion on here the past through chapters and judging from some of the comments on this thread some of these May have already been discussed so sorry if I'm bringing up old stuff, but here are my thoughts...

I am struggling with the last couple chapters a little bit. There are a few things that are a little unbelievable in my opinion.

Zombie language age the is understood upon infection? All I can think is BS. Of course we are in a made up world of suspended belief, but some things for into that built world and some don't. This doesn't fit, it stands out like a sore thumb.

Burt and Riley in the last chapter are talking about how they have water, food, ammo and fuel to spare, and nobody wants to join them? That doesn't make any sense either. We have people abandoning the colony right now for lack of those very essentials, and still nobody is interested?

The tunnels, we are thinking a hand dug, non-reinforced tunnel 20 feet underground, and over a mile long, not including the forks in it, and the street above isn't sagging or collapsing, and no sign of the mountains of dirt that would have been dug up? Again, hard to maintain my mind in the We're Alive reality when this also stands out like a sore thumb.

Taking Lizzy to Cain. It is safer to move a distressed baby and mother to an unsanitary and possibly zombie patrolled location rather than sending runners to grab the supplies and equipment and bringing them back to Dunbar? This seems backwards to me. As a father of 3 I understand wanting to be in a hospital and having access to tools and equipment and such, but hasn't the hospital been pretty well picked clean at this point? And the equipment Tanya did want has already been staged at the loading doc by Saul, just needs to be shoved on a truck and take off?

there are just so many little things that it is getting harder for me to let my mind enter the We're Alive world and enjoy with out getting 'snapped out of it' by things that don't fit.
    Likes Elisa, Litmaster, Storm liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Don't worry, I don't think that anyone really knows. Probably just has a look that, in someway, tries to convey what the user is felling.
    http://english.stackexchange.com/que...emoticon-hsugh
    Ok. Thx.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I say most because, Burt said they would stay on the old frequency... Bad move...
    But since they left AFTER the frequencies were changed, wouldn't they of been informed that it has changed?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    The radio...
    Everyone was on the same channel. A radio was lost at the jail. Tardust and Scratch could have found this radio and listened to the conversations.
    I'm still reading so apologies if anybody said it already, but I remember CJ telling someone to change the encryption on the radios since one was lost at the jail.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    All right, here's the less important thing in the whole episode and yet the one that I'm stuck with:
    - what's on the giant foam finger in the arena? Goat heels? As it often happens, I can't quite make out some of the words.
    I actually wish to know the team name and then find out if they were really playing in LA on may the 8th 2009. That would blow my mind.
    (yeah, I have fictional-entertainment-OCD)
    Likes Mama_Chita, Eviebae liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzyFabre View Post
    I heard he has a thing for the actor who plays Lizzy. I think that must be why.
    Yep! So much so he made Lizzy's eyes the same color as the evil, arch-villain!
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    All right, here's the less important thing in the whole episode and yet the one that I'm stuck with:
    - what's on the giant foam finger in the arena? Goat heels? As it often happens, I can't quite make out some of the words.
    I actually wish to know the team name and then find out if they were really playing in LA on may the 8th 2009. That would blow my mind.
    (yeah, I have fictional-entertainment-OCD)
    Go Eels. They are the Arena's home team, but fictitious.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    As far as the radios go. I believe Burt and Riley were aware that the frequencies were to be changed. I do not recall them saying they'll stay on the old ones but this seems out of character for Burt. The guy who didn't even want to talk on a hard line about what he knows is now fine with the old codes ?

I'm not worried that Scratch or Tardust will find that radio, they don't have what it takes to get in and out of that prison alive, but Ink. Ink may have gone back to pick up that radio and play with it yea?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Another way is with all of the people away from the colony, they slip inside and investigate the main office to see if there are any clues to where people went and notice the voice mail button flashing.
    here's how i picture the answering machine picking up:

Pegs (in uber up-beat tone) -
    "Hello, you've reached the Colony. We're not here right now--"
    "--no, don't say that." -CJ (cutting Pegs off in exasperation) "Say that we..." (she sighs, and comes closer to the answering machine.) "We are unable to answer the phone right now." (CJ nods to Pegs.)
    (Pegs smiles.) "Oh, yeah, that makes more sense, i mean, we could all just be in the bathroom or defending the walls or something."
    (CJ pushes her aside.) "Just leave a vague, encrypted message, your Alpha/Numeric location as it corresponds to the mapping grid, and we'll get back with you ASAP."
    Likes Red Shirt, Elisa, Litmaster, Storm liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Go Eels. They are the Arena's home team, but fictitious.
    Ok, I'm officially crazy.
    I got the "Eel" and the "foam finger" part, but here's what I pictured: Datu picking up a natural size reproduction of a human finger, which maybe was broken from a dressing mannequin made of foam or something, which had some eels attached on the finger end, where the nail would be. I mean, how weird is that. As for the word "Go" I could not fit it in this crazy picture and I thought it was something like Gold or something else. But it was too weird.
    Then I remembered people in movies with the foam fingers at the stadium and I understood it was the giant glove thing, but I looked for "Goat heels" because to me it seemed more likely a sports team with a goat as a symbol than an eel.

Man, this one was tougher than "What about that nap?", "This sailor jerry has been teasing me" and Puck on the radio while hurt, combined.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast