User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I have nova king idea what is going on here.
    Basically, something that happened in 2011 has been updated in 2014.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

If you're ever going to go back and do a re-remastering of the show, there are a few things I've noticed:
    Door in 1.1, around 2:41 as the teacher's talking to Michael. The fading of his voice doesn't fit with the sound of the closing door. Suggestion would be to move the door sound a few hundred miliseconds forward, or maybe remove the extra 'there's' in his line.
    In chapter 3.1, at 3:21, when Angel and Saul are looting the mall, Saul mentions that the zombies don't seem to attack each other. He's stuttering a bit however, which of course could have a reasonal explanation, but can't see why he'd do so
    Chapter 23.1, around 3:06, Kalani talks to Burt about Angel's and his trip to the base. He's kinda doing the same as Saul back in 3.1.
    I've checked, and all three are on the CD sets too, at least the ones I have. Bought the first two seasons in the spring of 2012 or so. Might've been summer.
    Oh, and another thing. Any reason there's music at the end of chapter 16 in the podcast, but not on the disc? A friend of me pointed that out to me. Can't say I would've realised such a thing though.
    Other than that... Glad to see the Puck/Puck case is now solved, new listeners shall no longer be confused... Yay~ ^^

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Chapter 23.1, around 3:06, Kalani talks to Burt about Angel's and his trip to the base. He's kinda doing the same as Saul back in 3.1.
    I've checked, and all three are on the CD sets too, at least the ones I have. Bought the first two seasons in the spring of 2012 or so. Might've been summer.
    Oh, and another thing. Any reason there's music at the end of chapter 16 in the podcast, but not on the disc? A friend of me pointed that out to me. Can't say I would've realised such a thing though.
    Other than that... Glad to see the Puck/Puck case is now solved, new listeners shall no longer be confused... Yay~ ^^
    The chapter 16 music thing was a personal choice. I think (keep in mind that we remastered it a long time ago) that it was cut because I didn't like what the music conveyed. We swapped out different music choices in the remastered version (SEASON 1 especially). Eventually, we will be revisiting the series with possible pickups and line additions/changes for a "clean" version. There will no doubt be little things we add and change, that might be one of them.

The puck thing was too big to leave alone, and I'm surprised I left it as long as I did. It's hard to catch up with the long list of things we still have to do. There's been many times where we attempted to do "clean" versions, but just didn't have enough time and energy to create two fully different versions.

As for the Chapter 23 note... what is that? I'm not sure I'm catching what you're saying there.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

When you mention a *clean* version, if you're referring to the profanity, I would vote against it. This story is a post-apocolyptic thriller, with highly strung characters in highly stressful situations. Swear words are a given. Christ, I turn the air blue if I can't get my socks on in the morning
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    The chapter 16 music thing was a personal choice. I think (keep in mind that we remastered it a long time ago) that it was cut because I didn't like what the music conveyed. We swapped out different music choices in the remastered version (SEASON 1 especially). Eventually, we will be revisiting the series with possible pickups and line additions/changes for a "clean" version. There will no doubt be little things we add and change, that might be one of them.

The puck thing was too big to leave alone, and I'm surprised I left it as long as I did. It's hard to catch up with the long list of things we still have to do. There's been many times where we attempted to do "clean" versions, but just didn't have enough time and energy to create two fully different versions.

As for the Chapter 23 note... what is that? I'm not sure I'm catching what you're saying there.
    Yeah, makes sense about the music I don't even won't to guess how long it takes to remaster it, nor to do a clean version... But I'm sure it's a ton of Work.
    The chapter 23 part I'm refering to is this. As I said, nothing big, but it's such stuff I kinda pick up immediately. I must say though that you're doing an extremely great job though. The Danish audio dramas kinda suck when it comes to that. I've heard a character call another person by their own name, one sound effect being used twice within one second (just sounds horrible), sound effects not being placed in the right spot in the stereo field... The Danish audio dramas, even though they're made by DR (kinda what BBC would be for England I guess), aren't really something to be too exited about. The last one, about the stereo field, isn't really a problem in WA though, when most of the stuff is in the center anyway.
    I guess it's easier editing it when you don't have to think about if the character's voice shal be more to the right, or which way they shall move... I had to get used to listening to that way of doing it though, all the audio dramas I've listened to were in stereo (and I've listened to quite a lot by now).
    So yeah... With 43 hours of audio and only three small Things I've been able to find so far, I'd say it's pretty well done. ^^

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    When you mention a *clean* version, if you're referring to the profanity, I would vote against it. This story is a post-apocolyptic thriller, with highly strung characters in highly stressful situations. Swear words are a given. Christ, I turn the air blue if I can't get my socks on in the morning
    It's for the people who can't/don't appreciate the profanity; it'll create a larger audience

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    The chapter 23 part I'm refering to is this.
    I think it makes it more natural to leave it, instead of read from a script (not like it ever would sound like that)

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    It's for the people who can't/don't appreciate the profanity; it'll create a larger audience
    But it kind of removes some of the realism of the situation.

If you woke up to a zombie apocalypse, and had to fight tooth and nail to survive, would you refrain from swearing?

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    But it kind of removes some of the realism of the situation.

If you woke up to a zombie apocalypse, and had to fight tooth and nail to survive, would you refrain from swearing?
    No, but i constantly swear at the littlest things, and while it does add realism, it isn't required. People do get by without swearing. Say you had a younger child/teen, who is "innocent" to the world of swear words, but you think they would enjoy the story/depth of this podcast. Would you want to introduce it this way? Some parents wouldn't, so doing this would allow them to include them in this, thus reaching out to another type of audience.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I think it makes it more natural to leave it, instead of read from a script (not like it ever would sound like that)
    As I've said it's not like we've got another Puck/Puck problem here, just a Little suggestion for a correction later on if it was going to be looked over Again. I know I'm kinda perfectionistic, but I try not to overdo it.
    Of course we could just pretend he's nervous or something like that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast