User Tag List

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    At least they have the A-team on this one. King Datu the resourceful, Vic the Victorious and the Matugun. Oh yea Michael is there, hopefully not distracted by a red-beard or a shine light.
    When Burt described his DIY armored vehicle, the A-team montage is the first thing I thought of. I imagine Burt coming to rescue our three caballeros, mowing zombies down while the A-team score plays in the background.
    Likes Red Shirt, Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    ^I'm on my phone, so I'm not quoting all that. Look at litmasters second big post.

the last sentence there is the issue. Its unfair to judge the story on comparisons to our world. That's an issue for the reader, not the author. There's been enough of a separation of the two throughout the story (in my eyes) to make that a non issue.
    I disagree:
    "Zombies suck in the story because zombies don't exist in our world": that's judging the story in comparison to our world.
    What people are saying instead has been very circumstantiated. Everything Litmaster quotes is not an issue because it's internally consistent: biological experimentation cannot, in our world, cause people to become enormous, jump high etc (yet). Who cares? In the story world, it can. Now it seems it can teach you a language. That's different because it's not a question of growing more muscles but a question of connecting your neurons in a specific way valid for you and you only to make you understand a new language. Personally, I think this is just what it seems but we'll see it's something else, so basically we just have to wait.
    Besides: the fact this is an issue for a certain amount of people (i.e. not one person only) already makes it an issue for those people, even if they can't quite point the finger at why or you can't quite dispel the issue for them. To take another example, KC said he can't understand the hatred some fans feel towards CJ, but the fact remains his script and his cut and his show has generated hatred towards CJ, whether he or we can or can't explain why.
    another problem, and this will sound like criticism...is KC is far too accessible and answers too many questions. What little hs said about this chapter so far(in my opinion) he shouldn't have. It goes into a lot of my feelings on why LOST got the hate it did for the ending. The creators coloring the fans opinion outside the show material.

I'm done for now. This little keyboard sucks when you have a lot to say..
    I'm with you on both things. On the LOST question, I'm not sure what "The creators coloring the fans opinion outside the show material" means, but if it means they added stuff from the forums to make the fans happy, that's more of what happened on BSG, not on LOST. But that's for the Everything Else section perhaps
    Likes LiamKerrington, Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Lit, two days and there was no one left in LA, I do not think that was enough time for them to be eaten or bitten. We have evidence that the gas itself can kill and or induce change. I figure everyone left is special with some partial resistance. The people left in LA have been preselected for some phenotype that runs in families.

Latch & Scratch
    Saul & Tanya
    Tommy & Kelly
    Samantha & Hope

I do not feel like a Lizzy & Nick Rivers link is too far out there. Although it could be misdirection for people like me that grab every lose thread and try to link them, but I do not think it is another Puck & Puck incident.
    I don't know how family names propagate in the US, but Lizzie's not married and her father's family name was thus Fabre.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Also, a vast tunnel system will displace a LOT of dirt. There would have been hills of dirt from the inside of the tunnels.
    my initial thought on the underground tunnels is this:
    they were already there.

in the DVR newcast KC lists the "metropolitan areas" such as: LA, San Diego, Detroit, Houston, Chicago, New York
    There were even "real nasty" ones in Hawaii. Some of the places listed have subways. Others, i'm sure, have natural formations.
    Hawaii hass tons of volcano stuff going on.

so i think the tunnel(s) under the church had been there before the outbreak. Even though they had plenty of time to dig it--> Worker Bees, not whining union guys could have made it, hehe.
    Likes scbubba, Eviebae, Witch_Doctor, Elisa liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

The tunnels are probably build by the great race of Yith, or the great old ones... Yes, I'm bringing back the flying squid from season 3...
    Ink tattooed himself with symbols and texts from the Necronomicon and used the killings of his wife and her lover to summon death and destructi.......Never mind, no magic...
    And just a thought, but... Now that they know that the rainbow fan means STOP, they should totally go and spray paint it all over the colony's walls!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Holy crap! After being slightly annoyed with him for the first 42 chapters, Datu has won me over. I think the zombie virus has killed off the whiny part of his brain and now he's a bad ass. Well done!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Elisa, Storm liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I don't know how family names propagate in the US, but Lizzie's not married and her father's family name was thus Fabre.
    I agree, that point does not quite fit. But, there are divorces, children born out of wedlock, a maternal grandfather.

The operative is Nick vs. Nicholas. Maybe it was not family, but a mentor she respected. Hell, Maybe Nick helped her understand that she does not like other peope's problems and make the change in her life and get out of her father's shadow

As just an additional bit of info, last night on the we're alive Fancast, KC said the one we saw at the hospital did not come from the jail. So, now we know that there were two places where they were created.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I love reading... Who knows, maybe I won't really have fewer posts... but the sentiment is to let people theorize without me getting in the way
    I think you should channel Tanya and remember it is your choice... Do what you want to do. Have fun and enjoy the ride, we only get one shot at life and no one ever engraves their tomb stone with "I wish I spent more time at work."
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I love reading these comments. Tonight, especially has been interesting, and being able to sit and interact with you all face to face. I feel that today has pulled the curtain back and I'm more exposed to you all. It's also unique timing because I believe this is one of the few times we've had what fans call story red flags. And, I think maybe people may be reacting differently because the series is ending soon and they doubt how much can be wrapped up in such a short amount of time.

That being said, perhaps at this time I should limit my exposure. (And btw, I know Lit was joking with his comment above, but quite the opposite! Happily married, love my job, my show, but also very critical of my work and force a very self-grueling work ethic). In the future, at least until the end, I'll refrain a bit more from interacting within the threads. I'll still jump in here or there, but perhaps I'm a little too hands on right now. The other comment before was right, I do read and react to the people on the forum, and there have been small influences; things I've included to clarify something or maybe in other ways I don't recognize. So, I won't be gone or anything, just a little less of a guide. I'll let the story elements unfold, and let people react how they want. I like constructive criticism, and maybe this will be more freeing, not having a looming feeling that something might effect me.

Who knows, maybe I won't really have fewer posts... but the sentiment is to let people theorize without me getting in the way
    "A Frog can't turn back into a Tadpole KC!!!"
    Likes Red Shirt, Elisa liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    You know guys, can we really call these creatures zombie anymore? If you think about it, we haven't seen one come back from the dead. Most of the ones we have seen turn have done it while they are injury/bitten and then they turn. Once a person dead whether they are turned or not they don't come back. And it got weird call them zombies when Datu spoken of being in the back seat while the body continue doing what it was doing.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast