User Tag List

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Still catching up on some missed posts but wanted to hop in and offer another piece of trivia that might support the idea that Ink has been working towards this plan prior to the actual outbreak.

In Chapter 1, part 1 the zombies are described as being scarred and bruised. If it were only random people being attacked on the spot, it seems unlikely that they'd all be described as scarred given the time required for scars to form. Pardon the for a moment but hear me out. What if a faction were working towards the apocalypse and managed to turn a bunch of test subjects to carry the infection to the people in the major centers? If this were the case, it could explain how so many areas were hit at once plus it would account for the scars on the initial zombies. If this were a pre-planned event and Ink was a collaborator, the tattoos could have been part of the initial planning and have significance from that regard. Who knows, it could be a bunch of nihilists that got together and decided enough was enough.
    Good thoughts. I've been bothered by the "burned and scarred" description for a while.

Thinking about it now I'm wondering, would there be a particular population that might be scarred already that could have been turned quickly? The jail and prison jump to mind but I'm not thinking that inmates/prisoners would have that many more noticeable scars than the average population.

Hmm... the only other thing I can come up with off the cuff might be a particular ward/unit in a hospital. Perhaps the burn unit? They are usually kept separate from the other populations in the hospital, I think, due to a high risk of infection in burn victims (someone who knows more about this please jump in here). Maybe it was meant to infer Ink working out of the hospital at that point in the story?
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Good thoughts. I've been bothered by the "burned and scarred" description for a while.

Thinking about it now I'm wondering, would there be a particular population that might be scarred already that could have been turned quickly? The jail and prison jump to mind but I'm not thinking that inmates/prisoners would have that many more noticeable scars than the average population.

Hmm... the only other thing I can come up with off the cuff might be a particular ward/unit in a hospital. Perhaps the burn unit? They are usually kept separate from the other populations in the hospital, I think, due to a high risk of infection in burn victims (someone who knows more about this please jump in here). Maybe it was meant to infer Ink working out of the hospital at that point in the story?
    If they did come from a place like a hospital or prison, it seems likely to me that they'd all be wearing the same clothes. The only similar characteristics mentioned was the scars and bruises. I went back to double check the description and this is how Michael describes them on the freeway:

"The first time I saw 'em, I froze. Something inside of me told me not to move. The group of them moved past my car to the man honking behind me. Their bodies were littered with scars and bruises and their eyes were glazed over. The news made it sound like people gone mad but the way they moved made me think these may not be people at all."
    Likes Red Shirt, MrRedBeard, alexcadtek liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

Burn victim, would that include Angel? Then he should had been high risk of infection but he stay the same.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Burn victim, would that include Angel? Then he should had been high risk of infection but he stay the same.
    I wasn't implying that they would turn first or fastest. Just that they could have been isolated form the rest of the hospital population.

Looking at the exact reference that Jannit posted I now recall that it was in 1-1 so there wouldn't have been an Ink operating from the hospital timeline yet, I think. I was thinking that the scarred and burned reference was from later when Randy grabbed Tanya....

As for Angel, well I guess he could have been a slow turner.... But Scratch never gave us the chance to find out.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    This is a great point by Jannit Becasue I do not recall but if you guys do let me know. I dont remember tanya saying that the girl they had in the morg had any scars or bruising.
    Very good point!
    Likes Jannit liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yes, the scar reference is interesting. It does not sound like the normal populace and may imply test subjects. To add another bit of the obscure, Angel says that the mental hospital is not far from here and we might have been brought in to take them down.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Calling in the reserve units to conduct local law enforcement for a menal health problem. No Way! I can just let it slide to get the characters together and start the story with a bit of foreshadowing. OK, but real life, no way. However, it does sound like something a Family Cult might do in real life. Sounds like the mafia calling in some toughs to solve a problem with violence.

Tanya does not reference bruising and scaring, but she does make an interesting statement about supposed self-inflicted wounds. I take that to mean tht the Little ones bleed themselves to get blood under the nails. It is much easier to spread the disease with a scratch then a bite.
    Likes zombie Danny, Jannit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    I just noticed something on the art for the finale and apologies if this has been said elsewhere. While there are more of the symbols we've already seen as well as a few new-ish ones that I need to add to the wiki one thing really stood out. It looks like Ink is holding the strings to the various marionettes included in the picture. Seems like another mark in favor of him being the puppet master.

Any guesses on what the apparent x-ray quality of his arms in the picture indicates?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Yes, the scar reference is interesting. It does not sound like the normal populace and may imply test subjects. To add another bit of the obscure, Angel says that the mental hospital is not far from here and we might have been brought in to take them down.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Calling in the reserve units to conduct local law enforcement for a menal health problem. No Way! I can just let it slide to get the characters together and start the story with a bit of foreshadowing. OK, but real life, no way. However, it does sound like something a Family Cult might do in real life. Sounds like the mafia calling in some toughs to solve a problem with violence.

Tanya does not reference bruising and scaring, but she does make an interesting statement about supposed self-inflicted wounds. I take that to mean tht the Little ones bleed themselves to get blood under the nails. It is much easier to spread the disease with a scratch then a bite.
    What if the ADLO are the women from the women's complex of the prison? Could explain the longer nails.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    We're assuming the virus isn't airborne, otherwise the series wouldn't of gone on as long as it has (if you catch my drift, lol). Meaning, he would still require a bite/scratch to start the turning phase. Only then could we know if being burnt would accelerate the process...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    What if the ADLO are the women from the women's complex of the prison? Could explain the longer nails.
    How do you explain them growing over the episodes and the stretch marks if this were the case? Also, they're not physically developed in the same manner as women are.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast