User Tag List

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    (I was not sure where to put this exactly, if it needs moved. do so)

well, it's happening. this show that we all love is coming to an end in july. as mentioned in the finale thread I plan to be there. while I don't believe KC has made it official yet, it looks like the live finale show will be july 19th. currently I have vacation running the 12th through the 21st, so I intend to drive out to cali for the finale, and see some of the sights along the way as well. Litmaster (I believe jokingly) brought up the idea of catching a ride out with a trucker and I thought "hey, that's kinda me!?!" and thusly this idea was born.

im located in Swansea, Illinois, roughly 20 minutes outside of st Louis. my location makes me centrally located between the coasts, more or less. how much simplier would it make the trip of coming out to the finale for people to fly halfway and then drive out to california? well my partner on this venture, litmaster seems to think so...and so..this thread.

the basic idea here is anyone who wants to come out the the finale and see a few of the sights along the way simply has to make it to st. Louis. from there we can pool our gas money, and many of the travel expenses to make the trip more cost effective for everyone involved. the only real issue with this venture is the time involved in the trip. currently I see the trip being something along the lines of july 16th/17th through the 21st. these numbers are not set in stone, in fact, nothing about this idea is set in stone, which is why im getting this ball rolling six months in advance. I put together a tentative drive map, including two stops along the way. the grand canyon; because that's one stop that I would be pissed at myself forever if I didn't go there, and roswell, new mexico....cause its so cheesy it has to be cool. that trip on mapquest comes out to be about thirty hours of driving. (!)

so you see, just with the drive out, no stopping to gawk at a hole in the ground, no eating at the roswell café...its one hell of a drive. I personally love long road trips, I make the drive from here to Biloxi ms every year in one sitting. but trips like that are not for everyone. keep that in mind if considering joining us on this...its an adventure, that's for sure! and as I said above, any stops along the way will be a group decision and currently are very up in the air, once we establish a group...we'll make those decisions!

so in a nutshell, that's the plan. the number of people on board with this will dictate what we drive out in. if we get enough people together i'll rent one of those 12 passenger vans to drive out. those are costs ill incur. for this, your only cost will be providing for yourself(food, lodging, etc) and chipping in on gas (equally). if your interested post up in this here thread! we have im guessing til about may-ish to get this organized. I know im excited by this idea, hopefully others are as well!

todd-0
    I'm considering making the trip and going. I live in Indianapolis which is about an 8-9 hour drive roughly to St. Louis. The only thing would be cost for me, but I'll have more of a definite answer as time gets closer.
    If the zombie invasion happens, the first place I'm going to is Taco Bell for some chalupas. It's the last place anyone would go to.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

"...and here we see the We're Alive Convoy passing through downtown..."
    Seems legit
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    WA ROAD TRIP: DAY FIVE (Sunday, July 20th)

Shake off that hangover from the We're Alive Live Event with an memorable journey SOUTH, where we will take a Sunday morning tour of the real-life equivalent of THE COLONY, which is featured prominently in the WA story!

Yes, it's based on a real place! And we are going to see it all! Not only that, but the Colony tour will be guided by none other than the creator and mastermind behind the story we all know and love: K.C. WAYLAND himself!!! You heard correctly, he has offered to personally guide WA Convoyites to the various real-life locations of the Colony, after which we will...

CAP OFF an incredible journey and awesome experience with a personalized visit to the beating heart of the entire 'We're Alive' story...
    A Tour of the We're Alive Studio!!!

That's right! The author and creator of the amazing story we all know and love has offered the WA Convoyites a personalized tour of where all the We're Alive magic happens!

Stand in the footsteps of such epic WA characters as Burt and Riley!

Breathe in the same air they breathed when recording their historic scenes!

See the microphones and foley effects that were used to captivate millions of devoted followers!

Bribe Kc into letting you record some of your best zombie growls! WHO KNOWS what he will agree to!!!

Not only that, but I have also got verbal confirmation that it is very likely that the WA Studio Tour will feature cameo appearances from both K.C. and Blaire Wayland, who will appear as actors in the WA Fan Tribute Project that we will be creating!!! And Blaire will be playing the part of Lizzy from the WA story!!!

You'd be crazy not to go on this trip now! SIGN UP while space is still available!!!

Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 30th, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
    Likes MGM Ray, MrRedBeard, Red Shirt, Gooer liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    WA CONVOY FAN AUDIO DRAMA TRIBUTE PROJECT!!!!!

It is not good enough to just simply enjoy a great story.... it is not even good enough to travel to the homeland of that story and see a lot of the real-life inspiration for that story! HELL NO! You can't really BOND with a story until you're IN the story!!! So, in light of this, if you join with the WA convoy, you will have the opportunity to...

IMMERSE yourself in the WA story in a deeper and richer way than ever before possible, by participating in the WERE ALIVE CONVOY FAN AUDIO DRAMA TRIBUTE PROJECT!!!!

Here's the idea: We are going to record a short fan-made tribute audio drama during the WA Convoy trip. The plot of the story will take place during the outbreak in the same world as Kc's story, albeit with different characters. It will detail the story of a group of survivors heading west, toward LA and will more or less mirror our actual trip! Litmaster will write the script himself, and will base the characters on the actual people who jump in the van with us on the convoy trip. Each of the people on the trip will create their own character and get lines to read and we will try to get everything assembled and finished before we leave on that Sunday. Also, Litmaster will be recording and incorporating unique sounds from each of the places that we visit along our journey!

Kc has already given his blessing for this project and has agreed to let us use some of the sound effects from the original 'We're Alive' show! Imagine, you will not just be traveling to the WA finale event, you will be walking in the footsteps of a personalized fictional character immersed in the Zombpocalypse every step of the way!!! Kc also said that he would post the podcast on the WA front page when it is finished, and pimp it on Facebook!

Not only that, if we can talk any ex-cast members to help out with this on Saturday 7/19, we could even finish the plot by having our characters meet up with one of the actual characters from the original story as a short cameo!

MAKE A TREMENDOUS TRIP EVEN TREMENDOUS...ER! (?) CREATE YOUR CHARACTER AND GET IN THE VAN!
    THE ZOMPOCALYPSE IS COMING!!!
    Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 25th, 2014 at 05:18 AM.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    WA CONVOY FAN AUDIO DRAMA TRIBUTE PROJECT!!!!!

It is not good enough to just simply enjoy a great story.... it is not even good enough to travel to the homeland of that story and see a lot of the real-life inspiration for that story! HELL NO! You can't really BOND with a story until you're IN the story!!! So, in light of this, if you join with the WA convoy, you will have the opportunity to...

IMMERSE yourself in the WA story in a deeper and richer way than ever before possible, by participating in the WERE ALIVE CONVOY FAN AUDIO DRAMA TRIBUTE PROJECT!!!!

Here's the idea: We are going to record a short fan-made tribute audio drama during the WA Convoy trip. The plot of the story will take place during the outbreak in the same world as Kc's story, albeit with different characters. It will detail the story of a group of survivors heading west, toward LA and will more or less mirror our actual trip! Litmaster will write the script himself, and will base the characters on the actual people who jump in the van with us on the convoy trip. Each of the people on the trip will create their own character and get lines to read and we will try to get everything assembled and finished before we leave on that Sunday. Also, Litmaster will be recording and incorporating unique sounds from each of the places that we visit along our journey!

Kc has already given his blessing for this project and has agreed to let us use some of the sound effects from the original 'We're Alive' show! Imagine, you will not just be traveling to the WA finale event, you will be walking in the footsteps of a personalized fictional character immersed in the Zombpocalypse every step of the way!!! Kc also said that he would post the finished podcast on the WA front page when it is finished, and pimp it on Facebook!

Not only that, if we can talk any ex-cast members to help out with this on Saturday 7/19, we could even finish the plot by having our characters meet up with one of the actual characters from the original story as a short cameo!

MAKE A TREMENDOUS TRIP EVEN TREMENDOUS...ER! (?) CREATE YOUR CHARACTER AND GET IN THE VAN!
    THE ZOMPOCALYPSE IS COMING!!!
    Oh man, that's awesome.....

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Wow...just...wow.

but how do I continue to be Todd and not have it be awkward...
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Oh my, that is pretty epic.
    Likes MGM Ray liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

May 7, 2009
    A group of enthusiastic fans for the tremendously popular XYZ zombie show, "The Stumbling Deceased" think they will be in for the experience of a lifetime when they meet up in St. Louis and engage on a cross-country journey to Los Angeles, home of the stars and location of the much hyped, "StumbleCon 2009." However, this dream trip quickly turns into a nightmare when the REAL zombie apocalypse breaks out while they're on the road! Join our heroes as they battle zombie hordes, the elements, and themselves as they engage in a road race for their lives in the real-life action drama, "We Exist!" Coming soon to a highway near you!!

Why settle for just hearing about this story when you can BE PART of the story? And what better way to pay tribute to an awesome audio drama than with our own awesome audio drama?? If you sign up with the We're Alive Convoy, you will have the opportunity to

CREATE your own fictional character
    ACT OUT lines from the script while we are driving in real-life to Los Angeles!
    IMMERSE yourself in the story of We're Alive by participating in a fan-fiction project set in the same world!
    ENJOY the many references to the original script and characters, featuring music and sound effects from the original show!

WHO do you want to be?

• A cranky, axe-wielding lumberjack from Wisconsin?
    • An effeminate, Derringer-toting hairdresser from Boise?
    • A handicapped stolen arms dealer from Brooklyn with a flamethrower-rigged wheelchair??

YOU DECIDE! AND LITMASTER WILL WRITE IT INTO THE SCRIPT!!!

Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 25th, 2014 at 05:21 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

YOU DECIDE! AND LITMASTER WILL WRITE IT INTO THE SCRIPT!!!

I'm just going to hedge my bets here... If I happen to not make it to the road trip, you can still sort of write me into the script:

NARRATOR: After running for our lives and scrambling back into the van, we peeled out and back onto the open road. We were silent as we collected our thoughts and caught our breath. A few more mile markers of US66 flicked past before anyone spoke.

CHARACTER 1: Damn. Now what?
    CHARACTER 2: Keep going.
    CHARACTER 1: No shit. As if I was thinking about pulling back over and letting those shamblers feast on us.
    CHARACTER 3: Those weren't shamblers. Red said so.
    CHARACTER 1: That's what I'm talking about. Red. Should we... I don't know, wait? Wait till they clear out, go back and give him a proper burial?
    CHARACTER 2: *sigh* No, that would be suicide. We should but we can't. That was no small pack... looked like half the population of [LOCAL CITY].
    CHARACTER 3: *punches dashboard* Damn it! NOW what?
    CHARACTER 2: We'll be fine. He did say he was rubbish without the internet.
    CHARACTER 1: Jesus man, have some respect.
    CHARACTER 2: He said it, not me.
    CHARACTER 1: I know, but he just...
    CHARACTER 4: *interrupting* Y'know, the irony is about as subtle as a kick in the balls. Poor bastard.
    *furtive glances around the van*
    CHARACTER 4: Who knew he would wind up living up to the forum name Red Shirt?
    CHARACTER 1: Yeah.
    CHARACTER 2: If there's a heaven, he's laughing. Pissed, but laughing.
    *nervous, stilted laughter*
    CHARACTER 3: You guys catch what he was, um, screaming?
    CHARACTER 4: I don't know. something about... a phone?

[FADE TO NEXT SCENE]

Last two lines optional. Perhaps later in the trip, the gang finds Red Shirt's phone in the van. On it, he has recorded a warning about... something.

RED SHIRT: OK. If you are listening to this, I'm dead. I just hope it wasn't something stupid, like dysentery. Here's the deal, when you get to [PLACE], watch out for [THING]. I have some... reservations about that. I didn't want to say anything about it at the time because I wasn't sure yet... I wanted to think about it some more. It will probably be fine, just be careful. The password to my laptop is "password." Under My Documents, you'll find a folder named "wiki." In it is the winter 2009 HTML wikidump. If you guy get around to rebuilding civilization, it might help.
    Alright, it looks like we're loading back up and one of you is waving me back over. Say hi to Bill Murray for me.

Posted this for the bit at the end, it's relevant... and the whole thing is just effin' awesome:
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Litmaster liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'll be the token English character
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Litmaster liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast