User Tag List

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    That'll mean we'll need about 30 hours worth of stock stories of boobs and alcohol, so... we should be fine!

Do it! Turbo, you've got the least excuse! You live only a couple hour's drive from St. Louis. Come on! You can be our tech/intel guy...

Do it! If you want to get a quintessentially 'American' experience, then a week-long road trip down historic Route 66 is about as good as you can get. The only other thing you'd need is a pink Cadillac to make the drive, with perhaps a gun and some stolen money in the glove box...

Uh, yeah... this may happen. Especially if we veer north and hit Vegas, that may triple the cost of the trip right there
    Unless we hit Vegas and win big, then it will be tuxedos, 5-star hotels and limosines all the way
    Likes Red Shirt, Litmaster liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I'm going to make an executive decision here and say Vegas is a baaaaaaaaad idea.

notice I didn't say no?
    Likes Red Shirt, Gooer liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I'm going to make an executive decision here and say Vegas is a baaaaaaaaad idea.

notice I didn't say no?
    I'll get that on record

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Epic We're Alive Convoy Road Trip!!!

This trip is looking better and better, even just one day into the planning! Here's some features that I think we should include as part of the trip:

Documentation: I think some audio and/or video recording of the adventure is totally a must. We should also be able to post stuff online while on the road so that other Forum-ites who can't go can at least follow along with our adventure...

Accommodations: I'm not fussy about where we sleep. I'd actually just be fine with bringing a sleeping bag and just sleeping at campsites along the way. That would help to keep the cost down. A lot of state parks have cheap camping sites that have showers and whatnot so I don't think that would be a problem.

We're Alive Drive-a-Thon: Not sure the entire running time of all four seasons at this point, but I think it would be awesome to listen to the entire show during the trip and time it so we're just getting caught up on the day of the live event in LA. That would be a classic ending experience to a classic story...

Beer: Not while driving, of course, but I definitely think the rear area of the van should be reserved for a large, stocked ice chest of brewskies. We'll dump some luggage if we have to make space.

The Agenda: So we are just spit-balling ideas at this point and trying to drum up interest, so don't look at any of this as a definite 'agenda'. I think once we get a list of 'definite' participants, then we can do some polls or something to nail down specifically what we are going to do. Here are some potential stopping points along the Epic We're Alive Convoy Road Trip:

Meramec Caverns in Stanton, MO
    This is right along the route, and is supposedly the caverns that Jessie James hid in when he was on the run from the sheriff back in the day.

Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, TX
    I've always wanted to go to this place ever since I heard about the 72oz steak challenge on an episode of "Man vs. Food". Plus, I'd pay money to watch Todd trying to shove that huge slab of meat into his beard in under an hour! We'll just be sure not to listen to the scene where Angel and Riley get stuck in the pile of corpses soon after dinner!

Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX
    While we're passing through Amarillo, we might as well stop by the Cadillac Ranch and see the line half-buried cars. Route 66 is just full of this weird, cheesy shit...

Roswell, NM
    Ok, so it's not strictly along Route 66, but I don't think the trip could be complete without someone buying an alien mask from some dumb-assed UFO diner in Roswell...

The Grand Canyon in AZ
    Oh come on, for Christ's sake. It's a national landmark that everyone has got to visit at least once in your life. We can all wear zombie masks for some of our panoramic photos...

Sitgreaves Pass between (Kingman and Oatman) in AZ
    Apparently, this 9 miles stretch of road climbs to 1400 feet and features both hairpin turns and some of the best scenery in the region.

Barstow and Ft. Irwin in CA
    This trip should DEFINITELY culminate in a tour of many of the LA-area sites featured in the We're Alive story, starting perhaps with Ft. Irwin and Barstow, so we can all see what blew up and what got overrun. Maybe we can even stop at Yermo and try to figure out where Michael may have launched his KODI experiments...

Various LA We're Alive Locales
    This could be the real-life locations for anything featured in the WA story: The Tower, Dunbar Tower, Eastern Bay, The Colony, etc. I would love to actually see the studio where We're Alive was recorded, but I don't know if that is possible...

Any other ideas for things to do?

Let's go, folks! Sign up for the Convoy! This is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of adventure!!!
    Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 17th, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
    Likes MrRedBeard, scbubba liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    This trip is looking better and better, even just one day into the planning! Here's some features that I think we should include as part of the trip:

Documentation: I think some audio and/or video recording of the adventure is totally a must. We should also be able to post stuff online while on the road so that other Forum-ites who can't go can at least follow along with our adventure...

Accommodations: I'm not fussy about where we sleep. I'd actually just be fine with bringing a sleeping bag and just sleeping at campsites along the way. That would help to keep the cost down. A lot of state parks have cheap camping sites that have showers and whatnot so I don't think that would be a problem.

We're Alive Drive-a-Thon: Not sure the entire running time of all four seasons at this point, but I think it would be awesome to listen to the entire show during the trip and time it so we're just getting caught up on the day of the live event in LA. That would be a classic ending experience to a classic story...

Beer: Not while driving, of course, but I definitely think the rear area of the van should be reserved for a large, stocked ice chest of brewskies. We'll dump some luggage if we have to make space.

The Agenda: So we are just spit-balling ideas at this point and trying to drum up interest at this point, so don't look at any of this as a definite 'agenda'. I think once we get a list of 'definite' participants, then we can do some polls or something to nail down specifically what we are going to do. Here are some potential stopping points along the Epic We're Alive Convoy Road Trip:

Meramec Caverns in Stanton, MO
    This is right along the route, and is supposedly the caverns that Jessie James hid in when he was on the run from the sheriff back in the day.

Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, TX
    I've always wanted to go to this place ever since I heard about the 72oz steak challenge on an episode of "Man vs. Food". Plus, I'd pay money to watch Todd trying to shove that huge slab of meat into his beard in under an hour! We'll just be sure not to listen to the scene where Angel and Riley get stuck in the pile of corpses soon after dinner!

Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX
    While we're passing through Amarillo, we might as well stop by the Cadillac Ranch and see the line half-buried cars. Route 66 is just full of this weird, cheesy shit...

Roswell, NM
    Ok, so it's no strictly along Route 66, but I don't think the trip could be complete without someone buying an alien mask from some dumb-assed UFO diner in Roswell...

The Grand Canyon in AZ
    Oh come on, for Christ's sake. It's a national landmark that everyone has got to visit at least once in your life. We can all wear zombie masks for some of our panoramic photos...

Sitgreaves Pass between (Kingman and Oatman) in AZ
    Apparently, this 9 miles stretch of road climbs to 1400 feet and features both hairpin turns and some of the best scenery in the region.

Barstow and Ft. Irwin in CA
    This trip should DEFINITELY culminate in a tour of many of the LA-area sites featured in the We're Alive story, starting perhaps with Ft. Irwin and Barstow, so we can all see what blew up and what got overrun. Maybe we can even stop at Yermo and try to figure out where Michael may have launched his KODI experiments...

Various LA We're Alive Locales
    This could be the real-life locations for anything featured in the WA story: The Tower, Dunbar Tower, Eastern Bay, The Colony, etc. I would love to actually see the studio where We're Alive was recorded, but I don't know if that is possible...

Any other ideas for things to do?

Let's go, folks! Sign up for the Convoy! This is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of adventure!!!
    Oh my god! One day in and you've pretty much got it sorted! Even if we make particular tweaks ands considerations, I'm glad we've got you on board to plan ahead.

I'm liking the ideas that you've posted regarding stop-points & places of intetest to visit. We're only going to do this once, so might as well make the most of it. Even if we split the planned sites between the journey to and the journey from, we've got one hell of an adventure in the making.

I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow fans and the cast & crew of WA. The archive footage and transcripts that we will record are going to make for some epic documentaries
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

^lit^
    ^this^ is why your event planner and I'm supply planner.

all the above sounds good to me. I'll say this in advance. If we get a bunch of different fly in times pre-trip my duplex is certainly open for visitors. Its not large but its better than the oil soaked alternative of staying at my shop!

camping is a good call, id say we can make the first leg of the trip into new Mexico first day. That will give us some wonderful scenery for camping.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    camping is a good call, id say we can make the first leg of the trip into new Mexico first day. That will give us some wonderful scenery for camping.
    I'm a big fan of camping - as long as we have a campfire, stories and a few beers, it'll be way better than staying at any hotel, motel or other establishment.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    We should visit Locked 'n' Loaded and Wayside flowers.....just cuz they're pretty important places too....

I'm getting so hyped up about this, and we're only one day into planning.... I will definitely try to come, sounds like one hell of an adventure! I just made a savings account that will all go into this....

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

As one who does this sort of countryside travelling on a yearly basis, I can say that having 1500(us) on hand for a trip like this is a safe number to shoot for.

as a point of reference, my 6day trip to Biloxi, ms last year ran me right 800. No, I was not fugal with my expenses..but it is a good barometer to what one could feasibly end up spending.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    A few people have asked about my involvement in this, and I want to help where I can. Just to be clear, leading up to the events I will be EXTREMELY busy with editing, rehearsals, event planning, etc... Some of the places on the map don't actually exist in real life, but some do.

For instance, Cain hospital is a real place (not called that of course), and those murals that Burt describes are real. That'd be cool to see. Dunbar is real, Liberty Park is real (the colony), um... The Arena does not, neither does the Tower, and Eastern Bay.

Also, there was some interest in seeing where we record everything. If time permits the day after, I wouldn't mind giving a tour. I think I'll be staying in LA near the venue that night, and heading back to where I live, which is about 30 miles south and where the recording place is.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
    Likes MrRedBeard, scbubba, Litmaster liked this post

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast