User Tag List

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Could be others in the greater LA area. Supply houses etc... But would Tanya even know what to do with it? I wonder if she would have any training in that sort of thing as a vet? I doubt it but don't know for sure.
    Probably not... even physicians may not be trained on them. The only thing that comes remotely close would be a Blood Gas Test, but the gasses that tests for is O2, CO2 and HCO3. The only exception is the testing of newborns with congenital metabolic diseases, but that would seem to be a rather narrow field of specialization.

Turns out I kinda got the name wrong... the machine and test(ing) I was thinking of is Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. If you go to the link you'll see the different variations of machines and what they are used for. You are probably right, there are likely others in LA. The most likely place would be LAPD's CSI laboratory or even the airport. Another possibility is given the level of environmental consciousness that California seems to have, an air quality laboratory would also have one.

I would need a California native to weigh in on this idea; but one other option that presents itself is that given how strict the state is with governing and regulating vehicle emissions... I assume vehicle testing stations are relatively common. It might be possible to put a sample of the gas through an emissions testing machine. Surely it would not be as comprehensive, but it might be better than nothing.
    Likes Eviebae, alexcadtek, scbubba liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

They've found canser medicine stuff at Raydon, and Burt's wife died from canser.....
    Connection??
    Likes TacticalJHP, LiamKerrington liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I always just heard it as Datu saying something in his native language, maybe a (really short) prayer...
    Could be. I had something like this on my mind as well. And I could not be any more uncertain about it, what this is, because I cannot discern any words in it. Regardless: It sounds out of place, because it is not half as laden with panic, pain, and fear like what R2Da2 mumbles right before it or afterwards ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Could be. I had something like this on my mind as well. And I could not be any more uncertain about it, what this is, because I cannot discern any words in it. Regardless: It sounds out of place, because it is not half as laden with panic, pain, and fear like what R2Da2 mumbles right before it or afterwards ...
    It sounds like his voice, though, so...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

It sounds like his voice, though, so...
    Yes, true. The more I listen to it, the more I "hear" that I have overthought things ... Damnit ... I thorougly listend to 40 and 41, but I did not catch any sound, noise, voice, or shit that seemed strange to me - except for this one. You rational about it is so convincing that I let go from my weird thoughts ...
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Yes, true. The more I listen to it, the more I "hear" that I have overthought things ... Damnit ... I thorougly listend to 40 and 41, but I did not catch any sound, noise, voice, or shit that seemed strange to me - except for this one. You rational about it is so convincing that I let go from my weird thoughts ...
    There's one thing in 40 that I thought sounded kinda weird. When Vic and Tanya ran from 7, you hear them run away, but then it sounds like something else runs past the place from where we view the scene, something running slowly, taking long steps. Might be nothing, might be 7, might be something else.
    Also, as previously mentioned, there's no reverb when Michael mentions Raydon Labs at the end of 39.1, though there was in the first half of the sentence. I haven't found anything else that Kc could have hidden, and I'm not even sure I've found the right things, but still...

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    They've found canser medicine stuff at Raydon, and Burt's wife died from canser.....
    Connection??
    Think you're reaching there, but there is always the possibility...

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Think you're reaching there, but there is always the possibility...
    Well, don't tell this to anyone, but I don't really believe in that theory myself either :P
    Likes Gooer liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Connection??
    ... plus: Burt knows about level Raydon Labs personell ...

Since Raydon Labs is located in Downtown LA and Burt's Locked'n'Loaded is abot 10 (+/-) miles away, there needs to be a reason about what gives him the knowledge about such information. Maybe it was because his wife had cancer, maybe because he got medicine provided from Raydon Labs for treating either his alcohol-issues or his "shakes" rooting back into his military career ...

Maybe not even half as reaching as one might guess ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Red Shirt, Storm, Gooer, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    YES! Exactly. In chapter 38 they Burt and Riley seemed to be relly upset about Saul and Victor's banishment, i would not be surprised if chapter 42 reveals that they have been working with them the entire time.
    They don't seem to be surprised or concerned at this point about Riley's whereabouts. No, "Burt!! You're back, but wait, where is Riley? Is she OK?"
    Likes alexcadtek liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast