User Tag List

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I couldn't go without meat either....milk however....

good riddance, I seen, tasted, been around the stuff long enough to last three lifetimes. Kill the cows pegs, meat/milk everyday.(!)
    But.....WHAT WOULD YOU PUT ON YOUR CEREAL? Hopefully not Tang, like Angel did.....
    Likes Elisa liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Good gravy no! Oatmeal stout. Doesn't everybody do that?
    Likes kent17 liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

I try to go with heavier stuff, you know, rum, vodka, whiskey...
    Last edited by Gooer; Dec 19th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    The Smells of We're Alive are quite interesting. We have the biter stench. It is described several times. However, smell also comes into play at other times. Most notably, Lizzy's Puke. Tardust and Bricks are really bothered by it, Lizzy does not reference the sent, nor does Scratch. At the Arena Saul says someone lost their lunch. I got the impression it was visual, not OMG that stinks.

Saul comments that Angel smells worse than normal. Was that at the party? Was it booze breath? Something more. Later Burt says Angel is puking in the bathroom.

When they arrive at Irwin, Puck says nothing sarge, except you all smell like shit. Not really enough water to bathe, so probably just BO. But, the term was shit. Good general slang or something more? Later, when Puck gets to the Colony at the end of season 3, puck says something like where's the love, you all stink anyway. Again, just general slang?
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Yum.

A friend used to brew beer with coffee, called it buzzbeer
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    The Smells of We're Alive are quite interesting. We have the biter stench. It is described several times. However, smell also comes into play at other times. Most notably, Lizzy's Puke. Tardust and Bricks are really bothered by it, Lizzy does not reference the sent, nor does Scratch. At the Arena Saul says someone lost their lunch. I got the impression it was visual, not OMG that stinks.

Saul comments that Angel smells worse than normal. Was that at the party? Was it booze breath? Something more. Later Burt says Angel is puking in the bathroom.

When they arrive at Irwin, Puck says nothing sarge, except you all smell like shit. Not really enough water to bathe, so probably just BO. But, the term was shit. Good general slang or something more? Later, when Puck gets to the Colony at the end of season 3, puck says something like where's the love, you all stink anyway. Again, just general slang?
    I think Angel was smelling due to him throwing up - maybe he got some on himself? And with Puck, due to the fact he could clean more often then our other survivors, he isn't used to the smell of medieval hygiene...mixed with zombie corpse.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

[QUOTE=7oddisdead;69699][QUOTE=Cabbage Patch;69696]
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    ...i don't think the Zeds smelling the way they do (like poo) is anything to speculate...

have to agree with cabbage here. The smell is absolutely something we can speculate on. The smell of the biters could indicate what exactly is going on with them internally. I don't believe ALL of them are pooping their pants.

and good point about the car cabbage. The only thing I can say to refute the idea of bill moving the car himself is biters did capture datu without harming him. Regular biters...now is that the same as moving the car? Starting it, putting it in gear and driving? No...but I can suspend my disbelief that far. At least for the sake of keeping ink un-poop-smelly.
    very good points, fellas.
    i kinda forgot about that line of Puck's: "They're not the only ones that can follow a scent now."

and thinking about it more, yeah, there has to be something going on with their internal plumbing that it's right.
    the fact that we have only seen dead/dying Behemoths and NOT dead/dying biters means that the zombie-causing agent isn't a complete death sentence just yet. (we know Behemoths were modified)

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Finally was able to to listen to this episode, sucks working in areas with 0 internet connection or cell service... but after finally hearing and then reading this 31 page saga (kinda slow at work today...) i have 3 comments to make

-First as a petroleum engineer by trade i feel the need to address this because i didn't see it commented on by anyone else:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    So, let us fix the pump / well problem for poor Datu. He cannot get the right current/voltage to the pump to lift the hydrostatic head up out of the ground. He keeps trying to supply more power to lift the head. Let's turn that around. Shrink the weight of the head.

The weight of the head is a function of the length of the pipe and the pipe diameter. Can he put pipes or sticks inside the pipe to occupy space to reduce the effective diameter of the pipe? They do not have to run the big generator 24/7 to get enough water for the colony, it seems they just have to use it because it is the only thing with enough power. My guess, it is over engineered. Shrink the head Datu...

just a guess...

We have this ( ).... Maybe we can turn it into this (o) and reduce the amount of power required

I have no idea if it will work, I am not an engineer, I am a general manager that lives outside of the box, helping techies redefine their problems with fresh eyes
    while this is a great idea, and i do hate to burst bubbles, its not quite the way it works. Hydrostatic head is a pressure rather than a weight and is completely independent of area (pipe diameter), the equation is density X gravity X column height. because fluid moves not as a solid piece but as independent particles, the only surface area that matters is the surface area of the inside of the pump, which is fixed. So in this scenario, the only thing dictating the head the pump has to lift is the depth it is set below the surface, making the pipe smaller could even make the problem worse by increasing pipe friction (though this is not likely at the flow rates they would be seeing). This scenario is simply a matter of optimizing the pump depth where it is deep enough that the water can flow up to the pump on its own, yet still shallow enough that the pump can provide enough pressure to get the water to the surface.

-Second with all this talk of Datu dying, i know it may be a long shot, but i will believe it when his heart stops beating and/or he actually turns. until then, crazy or not, i'm not buying it.

-and last lets all agree that the absolute worst part of this episode was "Due to the holidays, next week's episode will be released in two weeks." im glad i was in the car alone b/c i may have actually yelled out "WTF! I just waited two weeks" and especially with these cliff hangers... here's my suggestion. how about instead of this, next week, as a Christmas present to us all, Kc releases part 2 AND part 3 at the same time... maybe...

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    -and last lets all agree that the absolute worst part of this episode was "Due to the holidays, next week's episode will be released in two weeks." im glad i was in the car alone b/c i may have actually yelled out "WTF! I just waited two weeks" and especially with these cliff hangers... here's my suggestion. how about instead of this, next week, as a Christmas present to us all, Kc releases part 2 AND part 3 at the same time... maybe...
    ^^ THIS!!! YES PLEASE!!!! Make this happen KC!!!!
    Likes Unit liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Thanks for your post Teej, seems strange to me. Density and gravity are constant for the well, so we are left with depth. The water table of this well is affectively a constant for the moment. That leaves nothing. So any pump will do? Wouldnt the pump have to be strong enough to hold the weight of the prime? That weight is a function of height x width of the water column. If the pump cannot hold the prime it collapses and we have to start all over again.

Like I said, I am not an engineer, but I see two problems, one the weight of the water column, that I guess really isn't a problem, and the displacement problem of how much water is moved with each cycle.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast