User Tag List

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    It was definitely a slower episode but you can see all the chips being stacked for the different stories. I don't think the "Unity is strength" title is about the colony. I would Say its more to do with the zombies. Possibly the joining of ink and randys zombies??

Either way, I see there being a zombie attack In part three and CJ realising the the colony is weak while Michael is hunting. She tells him he can't and the cracks start to form in the CJ / Michael relationship.

CJ will have to tread lightly around Michael. He has a tendency to be a huffy little bitch when things aren't going his way. All the soldiers have already said that they take orders from Michael so if he decides to leave the colony to fight his own battles, all of them are likely to follow.

While it looks like Pegs wants to clear the air with Michael, I think Pegs is gonna have a fling with the garden guy and we will see the return of shovel 2.0 - this time its personal.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hey, mate!

So after all a story about human beings and human behaviour ...
    Also: #37-1 started with what? Exactly: Killing Little Ones, aka zombies ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    So you agree with me? I did say:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarr View Post
    There's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season. It's just drama and in-fighting. The story feels stalled.
    In 5 installments so far this season we've got barely a mention of the engine that drives this story.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I can see where he is coming from. The past few episodes have been a bit shlow, but that's what you have to expect when starting a new season with any show, you can't just rush in guns blazing. Well, I guess you can, *points to 37.1* but you can't expect to have constant action. There has to be character development, and advancements in their understanding. If all their advancement came from split second Doctor Who like sparks, then we wouldn't be able to organize our own thoughts and plot the deaths of the characters! Ahem... I mean plot the survival blueprint? Hmm, anyway. View this time like a guiding system, we're being given the clues and motion of the story, and now we can predict and attempt to understand what is going to happen next, and then get them all shattered by the brilliance of KC's writing as we watch our theories get tossed out the window.
    I guess it bothers me that we're in the 4th season, and we still don't really know anything about the man in the suit, or what caused this entire thing in the first place. The mystery drives the story for me, not the survival.

There's a lot I like about where the story has gone, and where KC has taken us, but we have 3 seasons worth of mysteries, and less than a season to tie up all those ends. That bothers me. It may not bother everyone, and that's fine, but the similarities with LOST are there. Each episode raises 2 questions and answers 1. That's not exactly a formula for tying up loose ends.

And I'm fine with character development, that's what the middle seasons are for, BUT we're in the homestretch and I'm really hoping for answers.
    Last edited by RedStarr; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
    Likes FunkyDung liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    I guess it bothers me that we're in the 4th season, and we still don't really know anything about the man in the suit, or what caused this entire thing in the first place. The mystery drives the story for me, not the survival.

There's a lot I like about where the story has gone, and where KC has taken us, but we have 3 seasons worth of mysteries, and less than a season to tie up all those ends. That bothers me. It may not bother everyone, and that's fine, but the similarities with LOST are there. Each episode raises 2 questions and answers 1. That's not exactly a formula for tying up loose ends.

And I'm fine with character development, that's what the middle seasons are for, BUT we're in the homestretch and I'm really hoping for answers.
    Please understand we ARE in the final season, but we JUST started it. Often we forget what each episode looks like standing alone previously, but when put together paints an illustrious picture...Have some faith in Kc to do the same thing for a 4th season and tie it together. I mean....he even references Lost (both in the show and in the forums) jokingly to say he wishes to never go that route, and has had a plan the entire time. The ends that need to be tied should be, and we are going onto 38-3, out of what we all presume to be 48 chapters, putting them all at an average of 15-20 minutes leaves us with 31 more episodes or 465-620 minutes of drama. I have to imagine, somewhere in that time, we'll see a slaughter large enough to satiate your deepest bloodlust for zombies, and still tie together the mysteries of the entire story.

All the other episodes seem to fly into action as they string together (now) without a week or two of downtime, we're all on the juice and can't kick it, so we get the shakes after a day or two waiting to find the answers.
    Last edited by Hoff4D; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Likes Storm liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Totally with you on that. You will get what you want, I'm sure. As important as the mysteries in the story are the arcs of the characters, and in order to move forward, one must take care of a few things first. For instance, in previous seasons, the mystery of Kalani had to be taken care of in Season 3 before we could move on in other areas. Timing is everything.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    I don't even see a thread for WND #59 yet and he's already getting promised a reading! And I thought Britt was the one on the dole on WND.....
    Yeah...I'm gonna be honest with you...I've had a crazy bad shit-tastic week and I didn't even realize I never posted the WND 59 thread until we recorded.

As for the lawyer comment you made...I currently hate everything and everyone that could possibly be associated to purchasing a house. So lawyers....you're on notice!

@redstarr: Kc has mentioned a few times how much he disliked Lost's ending. So if nothing else take comfort in the fact that he was just as displeased as everyone else with that particular show's conclusion. I was never a Lost fan so it's not as easy for me to draw a comparison.

I mentioned it in my last post responding to you that Season 3 started off just as slow as this one, but come the third Chapter (Chapter 27- The Thirty-First) we got a huge resolution AND an epic TOWTM moment on top of all sorts of action.

I'd wager we're in store for a similar set up this go around. We'll have a great idea come the conclusion of this chapter when Michael Swan tells us to join again in two weeks.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D, FunkyDung, scbubba liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello.

So you agree with me? I did say:
    WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??
    ... Maybe that's completely false, but there's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season.
    Nope; I don't agree with you ... Zombies don't hardly appear throughout season #3; and with season #3 I mean the complete season #3, not only the first half of it. As for the second half:
    #31 - ok, admitted; they only show up when CJ, Saul, and Vic leave for the Colony near the end of the chapter;
    #32 - CJ wounds Zeehs and teaches Saul that Zeehs bleed out; during that event we listen to Zeehs reacting to noise almost immediately;
    #33 - Little Ones at the heli crash-side; the autopsy of the Little One; those are the key events of chapter #33 - so Zeehs = center of this chapter;
    #34 - Boulder is overrun by Zeehs = Zeehs are center of the chapter;
    #35 - the Colony gets kind of under siege by Ink's army including all major Zeeh-types;
    #36 - Irwin is overrun by Little Ones; during the turmoil of the rebellion the Zeehs take their chances - Zeehs everywhere where survivors are.

#37 - only in the beginnign zeehs;
    #38 - is not done yet; maybe zeehs will show up, maybe they won't; with three different groups of known characters outisde the Colony the setup is perfect for some Zeeh-action coming soon. Also: there are still like 10 chapters available for We're Alive season #4 ... So I have some trouble acknowledging a lack of zombie-theme of this particular season as of now ...

So: What show have you listened to when you say that there were not a whole lot of Zeehs in the second half of season #3? But I think it is just a matter of perspective and focus.

And admitted: Especially compared with season #1 the encounters with Zeehs is somewhat limited and much more "focussed"; more importantly the story has moved from getting used to the zombocalypse to "let's deal with the even worse issue, which is "human kind under stress creating unnecessary conflicts of all kinds" ..." But still: them Zeehs are there, always, in any episode. Especially the last two episodes of season #3 re-establish the zombie-onslaught.

After all I remain with my quote: We're Alive is a Story of Survival. And this does not only mean that you have Zeehs everywhere. Besides: Even throughout episodes of both seasons #1 and #2 Zeehs are scarce ... Edit: This becomes obvious if you consider how many times survivors are out there to search and scavenge things or doing missions, and while doing this they encounter only very few Zeehs if any at all. /edit

Please, I want you to know that I don't challenge you in person. I just share thoughts and arguments and hope that you understand why I do not agree with you on this topic. This is not intended as an offense or something like that. Actually I thank you for posting your thoughts and opinions, because that helps me to think about things and to make up my (own) mind.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 3rd, 2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: #37 and #38 amendment ...
    Likes Storm, scbubba, Dyhoerium liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    It doesn't say human survival. It's actually the story of Ink's survival. Right Nikvoodoo?
    The sub-title of the show is "A Story of Survival"; the survival of whom is a matter of opinion and interpretation. As of now we have the storys of survival of different human groups as well as at least Ink's zombies as well as independent Zeehs or groups of Zeehs ... So I would not limit the survival to only of particular group alone.
    Cheers!
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Yeah...I'm gonna be honest with you...I've had a crazy bad shit-tastic week and I didn't even realize I never posted the WND 59 thread until we recorded.

As for the lawyer comment you made...I currently hate everything and everyone that could possibly be associated to purchasing a house. So lawyers....you're on notice!
    It's all good, just keepin the ribbing going.

And I'm 100% with you man...I'm on the house situation too, and everything that COULD go wrong, has. I had an accepted offer in July....I still don't have a closing date, and it looks like I may not EVER. The house I'm trying to buy is a HUD foreclosure (needs minor repairs, but it's a steal) and, given the state of the current government, FHA loans and HUD are on the chopping block, so even IF the paperwork garbage gets sorted out, I may just be stopped by congress! who knew.....ugh.

Good luck Nik
    Likes nikvoodoo liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Darn tootin'!

PS: Here's a quick WND #59 Preview: Britt will pronounce your name PM Chalk instead of PMC Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    I don't even see a thread for WND #59 yet and he's already getting promised a reading! And I thought Britt was the one on the dole on WND.....
    Didn't' she already do that in WND #58?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast