User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 38-1

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Aside from the title, Unity Makes Strength, being the slogan for Fascism (Real Fascism, not the boogieman fascism that describes a government or political party that you don't like), I'm guessing that at some point within the next two episodes something will happen that will emphasize the need for everyone to stick together. Either they'll start getting picked apart while they are apart or they're gonna eat the zombies for lunch by each person bringing something to the table.

Perhaps the title is another example of a double entendre. (Or Triple entendre because KC & Blair just got married. Seriously, are all of this season's titles gonna have a Just Married theme? )

Edit: OK, My bad. The Fascism slogan is Strength Through Unity. But Unity Makes Strength is the National motto of The Netherlands, Bulgaria and Haiti... Still same concept.
    Good points, esp. On the marriage themes (side note: if the next chapter is called "Hers, Mine, and Ours".... Well, I don't know what I'll do....) and the mottos.

I wonder if this title could point not to what will happen (the team gets stronger by unifying in this chapter) but in the realization that they screwed up and would have been stronger united. Big question is, who ends up paying the biggest penalty for the failures in judgement... Cause we are seeing a bunch of them in the last few episodes.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Big question is, who ends up paying the biggest penalty for the failures in judgement... Cause we are seeing a bunch of them in the last few episodes.
    I think we saw (ok, heard) a little bit of that today when Tanya told Hope off for snapping at Datu.

What did she say? Something like, "Next time someone might not want to help you and you'll be left behind."?
    Likes scbubba, Hanniekuma liked this post

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Okay, so I finally got to listen to the episode. (I hate my internet!)
    I'm pretty sure my thoughts have all been pretty much detailed here by various people, but here goes anyway:
    The first thing I noticed, since I was being mindful of the chapter title, was that the first scene with Datu, Hope, and Tanya had them all really drive home the idea of "We've got to stick together." And what happens right after that scene? We go to Saul and Victor getting ready to leave. I see what you did there, KC. Drive home the importance of unity only to force a wedge between the party. That's some good stuff right there.

I am really surprised that Saul and Victor were able to go off as easily as they did without revealing what's really going down. I just know that the longer it takes for everyone to find out why they left, the bigger of a mess it's going to cause. I'm thinking this might end up being a mid-season reveal that ends up ripping everyone apart.
    And good for Riley, being the only one to notice that something smells fishy about this whole deal. Someone needs to stir the pot here and drag everything out in the open.

As for CJ, she may have hid her motivations well but she's still splitting up the group over a grudge, when she ought to be trying to bring everyone on board and getting them on the same page. She likes to bark orders and basically fill the vacuum in power by being the one to yell the loudest. And sure, she got Michael on board because she's got him convinced that she knows her shit (which, in all fairness, she does). But at the end of the day, what happens when people start really disagreeing with her. It's just a fact of life, not everyone is going to agree with you. So what happens when people start questioning her plans? I think we've seen a good amount of evidence that she's got a "my way or the highway" approach. You can say what you want about Michael's leadership style. And he was always a reluctant leader at best. But he did try to build a consensus for his decisions. I don't think CJ's very good with the PR aspect of leading.

Anyway, it's late, and this may be turning into a rant, so I'm gonna leave it at that.
    Last edited by HardKor; Sep 23rd, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Patience... There's a reason for everything.
    I keep telling myself exactly that... I've never been good at waiting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Nurse britt: nuclear waste

Nurse britt isn't a liar.... She's just got a specific person pining for her to be alive. It's wanted to throw it out there again that she's dead.
    Pfft! You're only mentioning her so you can be quoted on WND...... Wait a second...
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    are you sure nurse britt would notice that cj is missing a leg.. I'm not 100% sure
    H-E-Y now.
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I am really surprised that Saul and Victor were able to go off as easily as they did without revealing what's really going down. I just know that the longer it takes for everyone to find out why they left, the bigger of a mess it's going to cause. I'm thinking this might end up being a mid-season reveal that ends up ripping everyone apart.
    And good for Riley, being the only one to notice that something smells fishy about this whole deal. Someone needs to stir the pot here and drag everything out in the open.
    Ooooh, I know, I was so happy to hear Riley voicing her comments. She might be going the wrong direction, but she's on the right path... Come to think of it, I'm not too sure she's totally on the wrong direction, as CJ did try to get close to Saul.

As for Saul and Victor leaving so easy, well, they might not have wanted to cause a big fuss. However, Saul did keep hinting to Michael to tell CJ that if he had a problem to ask her about it (or at least, that's what it felt like to me). I don't feel like Michael asked enough questions and I don't think he asked the right questions. It, of course, didn't help that CJ was so slimy smooth in covering up the truth. Her lying came effortlessly and it seemed mostly right. It was like she said what Michael wanted to hear.
    Likes Red Shirt, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Ooooh, I know, I was so happy to hear Riley voicing her comments. She might be going the wrong direction, but she's on the right path... Come to think of it, I'm not too sure she's totally on the wrong direction, as CJ did try to get close to Saul.

As for Saul and Victor leaving so easy, well, they might not have wanted to cause a big fuss. However, Saul did keep hinting to Michael to tell CJ that if he had a problem to ask her about it (or at least, that's what it felt like to me). I don't feel like Michael asked enough questions and I don't think he asked the right questions. It, of course, didn't help that CJ was so slimy smooth in covering up the truth. Her lying came effortlessly and it seemed mostly right. It was like she said what Michael wanted to hear.
    She's a cat with her katana, a fox with all her safehouses, and a snake with all her lies and secrets.
    I wouldn't want her as my enemy... Well, at least I wouldn't before her leg got removed.
    Last edited by Storm; Sep 24th, 2013 at 01:41 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    She's a cat with her katana, a fox with all her safehouses, and a snake with all her lies and secrets.
    I wouldn't want her as my enemy... Well, at least I wouldn't before her leg got removed.
    Ha! I'll agree with the fox and snake metaphors but the cat one. Twice she was told it wasn't the size of the blade, but how you use it. Saul told her that and she was almost zombie bait right after. The second time, Scratch told her the same right before she injured her bad enough she almost died and subsequently lost her leg.

For that reason alone I would prefer her as my enemy than my friend. I prefer my friends to listen to reason and common sense.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Ha! I'll agree with the fox and snake metaphors but the cat one. Twice she was told it wasn't the size of the blade, but how you use it. Saul told her that and she was almost zombie bait right after. The second time, Scratch told her the same right before she injured her bad enough she almost died and subsequently lost her leg.

For that reason alone I would prefer her as my enemy than my friend. I prefer my friends to listen to reason and common sense.
    Umm...Well, that's true. Clumsy ninja, then.
    I still would want her as a friend rather than enemy, she seems to be a good planer. At least she's making lots of them. And a person who can create a place like Dunbar is always useful in a z-apocalypse. But yeah, I agree a friend should definitely listen to what other people tell them.
    Maybe she just never learns. Just like the colony. My first thought when she said they had chosen her as their leader was "Marcus 2.0. Part man, part ... plastic tubing drip thing..." ... Well, at least Marcus 2.0.
    Likes thisonegirl liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I keep telling myself exactly that... I've never been good at waiting, though.

Pfft! You're only mentioning her so you can be quoted on WND...... Wait a second...
    Damnit, you caught me!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast