User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Wnd #55

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    You want Crazy? TOWTM speaks softly, but it is a pretty standard. The others that we understand are more foreign. We can speculate that they are learning to speak English to communicate with eachother, which seems odd because they clearly can communicate without it

So, spin it around. Maybe the survivors are beginning to understand "zombie". Granted this is more complicated, but the contagion, infection, narcotic, alters behavior, physiology and perspective. Why not language?
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Aug 31st, 2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba, Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    ...Maybe the survivors are beginning to understand "zombie". Granted this is more complicated, but the contagion, infection, narcotic, alters behavior, physiology and perspective. Why not language?
    That sound you're hearing is my brain, exploding! Everybody is infected? Everybody is evolving, whether they've been bitten, scratched or otherwise attacked? If they've already changed enough to be able to understand some zombie speech then what else might have changed?

Say that someone new should arrive who is completely untouched by the contagion, maybe someone off a nuke sub that's been submerged, or an astronaut just down from space. Would the survivors at the Colony have changed so much that the newcomer would mistake them for zombies too? Could they still communicate? Would our heros even realize that they had changed, or would the uninfected person seem like the strange one to them?

I do believe it's time for me to get fitted for a tin-foil hat. Do I need to make my own, or is there a place where I can buy one ready-made?
    Likes Hoff4D, Red Shirt, Grognaurd, scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Just listened to the latest WND (#55, right). Good show!
    And thanks for the correct name drop, nik...

Arthur - I'm gonna have to think on the whole "everybody is infected" thing. Intriguing, to say the least.

The first thing that comes to mind is an animated short in the bonus features of the "I Am Legend" DVD. Written by Orson Scott Card, it deals with perception and is pretty awesome...
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

The Colony IS the control group. Marcus would not let them leave. Very few have ever been beyond the walls since the outbreak. Some of the people in the colony may not have been exposed. Here comes the third wave and it is already inside the walls.

Inks Primary Purpose has been to break Quarantines, right? Inject the infection and it is a massive Force Multiplier...
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Aug 31st, 2013 at 06:14 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post

Would the survivors at the Colony have changed so much that the newcomer would mistake them for zombies too?
    To paraphrase Michael in Season 1...

Nah, just Burt

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

The Colony IS the control group. Marcus would not let them leave. Very few have ever been beyond the walls since the outbreak. Some of the people in the colony may not have been exposed. Here comes the third wave and it is already inside the walls.

Inks Primary Purpose has been to break Quarantines, right? Inject the infection and it is a massive Force Multiplier...
    Argh!!! Stupid fat fingers hit the f'n dislike button by mistake..... Can an admin undo that? (nik, Osiris)

Sorry, Arthur.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Argh!!! Stupid fat fingers hit the f'n dislike button by mistake..... Can an admin undo that? (nik, Osiris)

Sorry, Arthur.
    I have a tin hat, I am immune to dislike. Craft your's today, you can even put a Jayne Cobb camoflauge on top!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I have a tin hat, I am immune to dislike. Craft your's today, you can even put a Jayne Cobb camoflauge on top!
    RE: SCBubba's .sig file
    LOL EXCEPT Mudslingers...
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Aug 31st, 2013 at 07:25 AM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Not sure if I can undo it. I'll look into it
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Crow

Listening to WND Season 3Finale' a caller spoke about Hearing Crows with Scratch. I have not had he chance to follow up on it to see if crows do correlate with Scratch or if it is random background.

I liked the concept. Giving the importance of the opening a new season, what do we hear? A CROW! I have called what KC does as painting with sound and voice. I cannot help but "see" Scratch skulking away from the colony, plotting revenge.

Did you all dig any deeper on that concept?

There is SO much in the back ground sound we take for granted or do not even notice. One example I posted years ago, when Burt is being confronted Michael after Lizzy is kicked out of the tower, we hear him shake out a couple of his pills. We do not even hear a specific about pills until he is with Saul at the Air Port.
    I listened to Remains of Eastern Bay. First Scratch appearance. I do hear a crow just before The execution of Charlie...

His crime falling asleep on guard duty. Despite the theft of a big rig, Burt's hand cannon, Saul's M16(?) and the zombies raging on his car. More sleeping!

I Also hear the trill/caw I associate with the little ones. Pretty damn close to Saul. Chapter 6 3 of 3 ~ 6:45,. In fact, zombie sounds are the last we hear before we roll back to Michael. There is some drama, but importantly, there is another night cycle before Saul shows up. He thought it best to hunker down instead of trying to get back to the tower. If he was nipped or scratched it could easily be lost in the whiskey wounds.

Successful relisten in my opinion...

Is there a thread to collect little ones soundings or crow sounds. At this point crow could be coincidence. I want to listen to the sweat trial and the walk to the arena. I suspect to hea little ones, but crows would only be ambiance unless they are for more than just Scratch...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast