User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
    What kind of time frame was it between the initial outbreak and first encounters with the DAHs in LA? Maybe they left hawaii before they could encounter any?
    It depends which zombs you consider DAHs. If we stick with the descriptions within the show, then Behemoths (first encountered in late June), Little Ones (first encountered and acknowledged at the military reserve base in late July, but already heard but not recognized at the Arena around late June and early July), and maybe Jumpers because of their very different looking (early July) would be the measure; according to that the DAHs showed up the first time a month after the outbreak.

According to CJ the crazy and weird zombies showed up around ground zero, although she did not mention when exactly; but considering that she and her team did reconnaissance before her Tower fell (early to mid June), then those DAH might have appeared as early as during the second half of May - or even earlier.

Based on what we know and what we can assume things remain kind of vague; but I also think it is quite safe to assume that the DAHs evolved early in the zombocalypse, but they did not come from Hawaii ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
    What kind of time frame was it between the initial outbreak and first encounters with the DAHs in LA? Maybe they left hawaii before they could encounter any?
    Our group's first encounter with a D.A.H. seems to be in Chapter 5, when they are chased by the runners. This is after Burt, Saul and Lizzy have investigated the ambush site which is likely the same one that was from C.J.'s tower. If the ambushed convoy was from C.J.'s tower then they could have been attacked in the rain (as mentioned by Samantha in Purgatory) which would be the same rain storm that took place before Lizzy, Burt and Saul left the tower to find fuel for the Generator. (Saul says, "... and its raining in zombie land.")

This would coincide with Kalani's arrival to L.A. as he arrived Shortly after C.J.'s doomed convoy is attacked.

In a nutshell, the first appearance of the D.A.H.'s to our group likely took place after Kalani reached L.A. BUT C.J.'s group may have encountered them earlier, as Kalani learned about them second-hand.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    i do have a theory about this sickness what ever it is, uses body fats, there is a difference between transfats and theres another type of fat. (i believe transfats are what make you obease, if thats wrong i got it right in another theory thread of mine) more leaner people with more body fat become bohemmoths, leaner muscles could become jumpers, etc its all there, food for thought for you folks, i've been away a while, glad this thread is still going. i'm not sure what post it is, i sugest a rummage through the theory posts.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    i do have a theory about this sickness what ever it is, uses body fats, there is a difference between transfats and theres another type of fat. (i believe transfats are what make you obease, if thats wrong i got it right in another theory thread of mine) more leaner people with more body fat become bohemmoths, leaner muscles could become jumpers, etc its all there, food for thought for you folks, i've been away a while, glad this thread is still going. i'm not sure what post it is, i sugest a rummage through the theory posts.
    But this is L.A., shouldn't there be more Jumpers and Behemoths?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    maybe being a jumper came from having a greater athletic ability then adverage, perhaps someone who's been runnign and jumping thier whole lives or people who were training to be athletes, infact is it just me or have we only ever seen 1 jumper in the whole series so far? i'm probably wrong

"Lurker"

Status
    I think they have a creator some thing said that with a pause that frankenstiens the best traits into certain types of creations

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    I know that he is scatterbrained, but skittles mentioned that he stopped seeing Jumpers, that he thought they weren't around anymore. This is odd considering that a faster more agile infected should be able to get to people the regulars wouldn't, so they shouldn't have starved off.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    I know that he is scatterbrained, but skittles mentioned that he stopped seeing Jumpers, that he thought they weren't around anymore. This is odd considering that a faster more agile infected should be able to get to people the regulars wouldn't, so they shouldn't have starved off.

maybe its a case of they are also evolving on a rapid celluar level or something so when the jumpers have finished jumping about and eating people and getting high up and such, what else is there to do, if thier food source is depleted by their optimal hunting pattern is it a case they litrally died off. Jumpers strike me more as the kind that would die out that way where as the tattooed zombie and the regular zombies seemed to be more organised, the way they came in and took people when Datu was Captured and the fact they can lay traps and even hunt and out wit normal alive people, they are definately organised and capable of indipendent learning and self intelligence, dispite thier pack mentality, this is also something i mentioned in a previous posting somewhere.

i thinking is a parasidic genetic virus, because you can have a genetic virus, you can also have a parasidic virus, so why not mix them together for this. it fits with my body fat theory too.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    maybe its a case of they are also evolving on a rapid celluar level or something so when the jumpers have finished jumping about and eating people and getting high up and such, what else is there to do, if thier food source is depleted by their optimal hunting pattern is it a case they litrally died off. Jumpers strike me more as the kind that would die out that way where as the tattooed zombie and the regular zombies seemed to be more organised, the way they came in and took people when Datu was Captured and the fact they can lay traps and even hunt and out wit normal alive people, they are definately organised and capable of indipendent learning and self intelligence, dispite thier pack mentality, this is also something i mentioned in a previous posting somewhere.

i thinking is a parasidic genetic virus, because you can have a genetic virus, you can also have a parasidic virus, so why not mix them together for this. it fits with my body fat theory too.
    Hm, I somehow do not buy the virus infection thing. I mean, Tanya simply should have found at least some evidence while conducting / as a result of the autopsy. Cf.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laborat...ral_infections. But that is just my opinion.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Loving this thread. Just had to do some catch up on it.

On the DAH stuff, I think we might lay the Little Ones to rest on DAH since so many humans have become Little Ones in Season 3. Well the original 12(?) might have come from something else, it would seem odd that humans turn into exact replicas of them...

We never see Runners or Behemoths turn anyone. Tommy got turned by Jumper guts, if I recall correctly.

I think Behemoths have the best chance at not starting as people. They seem to have had the most differences from all the others.

As for general Infection theory, I like the alcohol angle. Esp. for Saul's non-reaction to his lead Zed injection. What if the alcohol managed to give thin out the Zed stuff and his damn good immune system was able to make some sort of antibodies. Similar to the way vaccines work. then we find out that Tanya is a closet lush who was also hammered when the slow turner bit her. So she gets the same antibodies (immune system like Saul's - where do you think he got it from?) Of course, we have no inclination that Tanya does/did drink.

Anyway, Saul obviously has something beyond just being drunk at the party in his favor - otherwise Ground Zero would have affected him. So we're back to a damned mystery!

Need to go back and check the LO autopsy episode. I don't think it mentioned Tanya getting into the brain of the LO and seeing what was in there or running tests on it. That's where I think the Zed stuff is focused. How it alters the whole body with no trace in the blood stream though... no clue. Radiation? Aliens? We'll have to wait and see I guess....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast