User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Honestly, if Im living in a world where there are zombies trying to get me the last thing Im going to worry about is practacing my spritual beliefs. Im going to practace keeping my ass alive. I am not saying religon isnt important just during a crisis when dying in a serious risk, not a priority. and even though it is important to some characters in the story they seem to know that its not high on the list. Just my two cents

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Another aspect: Would it not be necessary to modify the Christian liturgy after Z-Day? I mean, sacramental wine and bread are symbols for the blood and body of Christ. It has been a rite for centuries if not millennia. But would it not be eminently awkward to continue to celebrate the eucharist while the zombies used to feast on the living / dead?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I do not know whether it was intentional and indeed it could very easily just be my background pointing it out to me but I know I noticed a motif when I realized that Ink had made 12 little ones to follow him.

Still thinking about the significance of that!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy D View Post
    I do not know whether it was intentional and indeed it could very easily just be my background pointing it out to me but I know I noticed a motif when I realized that Ink had made 12 little ones to follow him.

Good thought. +Rep

Perhaps TOWTM has been preparing them to go forth and "make disciples"....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Good thought. +Rep

Perhaps TOWTM has been preparing them to go forth and "make disciples"....
    Something started to go very wrong on 05/08/2009 then...

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy D View Post

Ever since #12 was discovered by Victor, I wanted to do a Last Supper-like painting of Ink & the Inklings. We have yet to see which one will fill the roll of Zudas.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Ever since #12 was discovered by Victor, I wanted to do a Last Supper-like painting of Ink & the Inklings. We have yet to see which one will fill the roll of Zudas.
    I wonder if Randy might play that role.....

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I wonder if Randy might play that role.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    What about Rob Halford from Judas Priest?

Sorry, a really bad joke.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

This discussion has got me thinking more about Christian symbolism in the whole WA story. (not really the official topic of this thread, I guess. Oh well...)

So we have Ink and his 12 disciples with their ability to make "converts"

Character names: Michael (the arch angel), Angel (duh), Saul (famous name twice in the Bible)

Cain General Hospital: a name with some notoriety from the Bible (good discussion about it on the wiki page) and it's cross shape and decorations

Perhaps a twisted, macabre take on Holy Communion with the collection and perhaps consumption of the dead Zed bodies (jury is still out on this one, I think)

There are probably a few more I'm missing at the moment but I think it'll be interesting to see if there is some sort of thread that ties this in. Of course, this could all just come from being influenced in naming and numbers from Kc and have no real meaning in the story

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    This discussion has got me thinking more about Christian symbolism in the whole WA story. (not really the official topic of this thread, I guess. Oh well...)

So we have Ink and his 12 disciples with their ability to make "converts"

Character names: Michael (the arch angel), Angel (duh), Saul (famous name twice in the Bible)

Cain General Hospital: a name with some notoriety from the Bible (good discussion about it on the wiki page) and it's cross shape and decorations

Perhaps a twisted, macabre take on Holy Communion with the collection and perhaps consumption of the dead Zed bodies (jury is still out on this one, I think)

There are probably a few more I'm missing at the moment but I think it'll be interesting to see if there is some sort of thread that ties this in. Of course, this could all just come from being influenced in naming and numbers from Kc and have no real meaning in the story
    These are great questions. I am wondering about how all of the big religions would try to explain what caused z-day and why the survivors had to endure so much pain. Besides, I guess that there would be so *minor* changes to the eucharist celebrations in the long term...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast