User Tag List

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    "Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    Catch me if I'm wrong, but I think KC has come down pretty hard on radioactive zombies, and no. Besides, I imagine radioactive human isn't really a thing. People don't glow, they get sick and die. Zombies are a little different, but they're still living thinga, and I imagine radiation might have the same effect. We're also talking about a ground burst, though, so fallout should be relatively limited.

As for Michael being a chatter box, phrase/counter phrase would probably only work when everyones properly briefed. He didn't give much away by saying Irwin. Anyone near a Satphone would probably already know Irwins around.
    Radioactive should be a bad thing for them too. We know their body transform from Tanya's examination. So even with the blue skin, radioactive is still radioactive.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    ...and that's why you are favorite.

It's funny that you should mention the A-Team because as I was listening to this episode in my car and speeding to school, I kept thinking, "I love it when a plot comes together." This episode was really enjoyable. There were call backs and some action and some character building. Michael got to be funny, Tanya got out of her bubble, Hope was a total pill (she's rapidly becoming a favorite), Chekhov's gun was fired in terms of Datu coming back and fixing the helicopter and we got a mysterious phone call at the end of the episode. It was really satisfying to see so many things coalescing at once.
    Also, now I'm super afraid that *Kegs is dead and have all sorts of feelings, which is terrible because emotions are dumb and should be hated.

Michael is going the way of Angel? No, I can't see that. I really don't think Michael has the inclination to be an officer. He slipped very easily back into his role as a NCO, which is actually one of my favorite things about him--he doesn't have a great desire for power, though he could command it. I think that Michael would rather a competent but more malleable officer took Kimmet's place. And as far as we know, Michael is probably one of the more experienced soldiers on the base, in terms of combat experience and managing civilians. There are probably more officers on the base who we haven't met. One of them would most likely take over for Kimmet, were he incapacitated.
    But who knows? As Shakespeare once wrote: "Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." I think Michael is the latter. (I have my issues with him but Michael's a good NCO. Maybe even a great one. If he plays to his strengths, he might yet see some people through this apocalypse.)

The I-40 through Albuquerque is a very good idea. In December, it's cold enough for snow but it's dry on our side of the mountain (seriously, look at a Google map). Also, snow doesn't last long in New Mexico, even if the roads aren't ploughed.
    Also, there's a chance that there a lot (relatively speaking) of survivors in New Mexico. Low population density, high gun ownership outside of the cities, and lots of people living off the grid. The survivors might be hard to find, but they're probably there (an apocalyptic event might even bring them to town.)

Okay, what the hell does this stand for? I keep seeing it around and can't find the post that defined the term.

*Kegs is my portmanteau for Kelly and Pegs. Even though portmanteaux are demode, I love them...by which I mean both portmanteaux and Pegs and Kelly. I'm going to be super down if Kelly doesn't ride into town on a sled pulled by zombie slaves in the same episode that Scratch and Burt fight to the death in a volcano.

Yea, I meant Kimmet, not Michael was going the way of Angel, my bad...typo...I edited my post to rectify that
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm also concerned with the timing. If we are now 2 days ahead of the Colony we have to:

1) Finish and resolve the conflict
    2) Punish those involved (I'm assuming the Mallers win and will punish those who took up arms against them)
    3) Discover Saul (...that one would be kinda quick...Scratch does have that killer memory...no pun intended)
    4) Find out why they are there (BIG STICKING POINT). Why would Saul admit why he showed up beyond saving Lizzy? That's kinda reason enough. Killing her or threatening to kill her wouldn't necessarily result in "Ok I was really here for some phone guts."
    5) Go back to LA to find Glenn and Pete. Without CJ, Saul, and Victor's help: Impossible. They aren't in Dunbar. They are in a safe house. If the Mallers couldn't find a big fuck all apartment building full of people, what are the odds they find Glenn and Pete unassisted.
    6) Get Glenn back to fix the phone
    7) Dial 10-10-220 and place a collect call to Michael and laugh when he has to accept the charges.

All within 48 hours. Potentially 36.

Or.

They have the phone. Tardust fixes it. They call Michael.

Both can happen, but I see that the path of least resistance is option 2.

Or free Burt in the fray upon Lizzy's demand, because in her timeline she was just notified of Burt's existence. Burt kills Scratch, and the colony bands together to end the leaderless maller overrun...CJ/Saul/Victor/Lizzy/Burt then go back to the safehouse and make the call. Or if the phone IS with them, inform glenn/pete to make the trip to the colony and radio in a evac of the colony

or as some people has proposed, if Irwin is overrun, flee to Colony. I think that is far less likely, but still in the realm of reality.

Either way, I think you're stacking the deck by listing those only two outs. I think the 'shown gun' theory everyone keeps mentioning applies to more than just the nukes. Lizzy was told of Burt, the colony is in pure chaos, and she's pregnant and emotional GET BURT!!!! will ring through the colony and Victor/CJ/Saul will rescue him as things die down in the gunfight. as they do, both sides numbers are reduced and we have an epic standoff of Burt/Scratch.
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Radioactive should be a bad thing for them too. We know their body transform from Tanya's examination. So even with the blue skin, radioactive is still radioactive.
    It should? I don't think so. It definitely could be. But like Tanya said they are way tougher than us. It's totally possible that they could handle radiation and that might include useful mutative properties that we as humans couldn't tolerate.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Lurker"

Status
    If it is Scratch on the sat phone - what if she finds out somehow/is told about the Bouldersplosion and offers up the Colony as a safe haven for survivors... in exchange for Pegs? Kimmet has shown that unless its his own kin, individuals don't really matter to him. Could him making a possible deal with the devil be the straw that makes Michael snap?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Or free Burt in the fray upon Lizzy's demand, because in her timeline she was just notified of Burt's existence. Burt kills Scratch, and the colony bands together to end the leaderless maller overrun...CJ/Saul/Victor/Lizzy/Burt then go back to the safehouse and make the call. Or if the phone IS with them, inform glenn/pete to make the trip to the colony and radio in a evac of the colony

or as some people has proposed, if Irwin is overrun, flee to Colony. I think that is far less likely, but still in the realm of reality.

Either way, I think you're stacking the deck by listing those only two outs. I think the 'shown gun' theory everyone keeps mentioning applies to more than just the nukes. Lizzy was told of Burt, the colony is in pure chaos, and she's pregnant and emotional GET BURT!!!! will ring through the colony and Victor/CJ/Saul will rescue him as things die down in the gunfight. as they do, both sides numbers are reduced and we have an epic standoff of Burt/Scratch.
    My fundamental issue with this is Burt surviving which I don't think he does. Burt is going to die goddamnit because I've now shouted this from the seven highest peaks on the planet. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to be so mad.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    My fundamental issue with this is Burt surviving which I don't think he does. Burt is going to die goddamnit because I've now shouted this from the seven highest peaks on the planet. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to be so mad.
    Or... Burt will turn into the best sharp shooting Zombie the world has ever known.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    Maybe the LA team had two SatPhones?
    Oohhh, that could be an interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    BTW, what is it about the Inklings that compells them to hide out till they're about 30 miles away from a juicy target, and then attack? First the Chinook, which was brought down about 30 miles from Boulder. Then the convoy, where the attack took place about 30 miles from Yermo, which we know is on Fort Irwin's outer defense perimeter (okay, 75 miles from Fort Irwin proper, but I couldn't resist the 30 mile comparison).
    LOL Maybe they get impatient. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Scavenger"

Status
    Who thinks the end of season three will end the Maller story arc? And leave season four open for the sole antagonist... Ink

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast