User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Is there any mention of when Hope can remove her bandages? I'm trying to conceive of what will be the first thing she sees. Before listening to 34-2, I actually thought (because I'm twisted) that she'd open her eyes, see the beautiful Rocky Mountains before her, then suddenly go blind again as the flash from the nuke went off.

I'm curious to see where the two separate story lines will go. I had been thinking that once they dates on both timelines came together that we could possibly see the groups reunited. So now that it is December 16th or 17th, I hope that we'll find out what happened at the Colony. Also, someone should update the timeline....looking at you Witch_Doctor!
    I predict it to be the very first thing we here from Hope - that she is going to take of the bandages after what has happened right at the end of #34-2/#100 ... As for the nuke-flash ... Datu and Hope were like approximately 25 to 30 miles away from the explosion; I don't know - would the flash of light still be of blinding quality for people to look at it from such a huge distance? Either way: Datu and Hope were shielded by some 7000'+ high mountains against the explosion; so the best thing Datu could of seen was kind of a flash ... And yet he did not react to that, but to the rumbling noise and seismic activities, which would follow a "long time" after the flash of light ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Ha! I've finally got a theory! It just hit me on a 34-2 relisten, when Michael goes out for a smoke, they mention 'the french girl was looking for you, i couldn't let her in'....And we don't hear from Riley again....

I'm thinking Riley was coming to tell Michael "I'm finally going out on a mission! to evacuate from Boulder!"

And this means Kimmet sent 'his worst' to get the people out, because he dare not risk his good soldiers on this 'suicide mission'. This is where we meet up with Pegs/Kelly/Lady (not necessarily all, but at least one). Whomever survives will re-tell the story of the others if they die, and Riley will get to them to the rendezvous point, and back in the story! muahahaha!
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    As for the nuke-flash ... Datu and Hope were like approximately 25 to 30 miles away from the explosion; I don't know - would the flash of light still be of blinding quality for people to look at it from such a huge distance? Either way: Datu and Hope were shielded by some 7000'+ high mountains against the explosion; so the best thing Datu could of seen was kind of a flash ...
    Flash blindness is rated as a severe hazard for a nuclear explosion to a distance of 40 miles, but you're right that the intervening mountains would absolutely protect them from the flash. Under these conditions the greatest danger is that the high outgoing winds from the blast will cause rockfalls or avalanches in the valley they're driving through. I suppose there is a small danger that a nuclear ground burst of this size could cause an earthquake if there's an active fault running under Boulder.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Ha! I've finally got a theory! It just hit me on a 34-2 relisten, when Michael goes out for a smoke, they mention 'the french girl was looking for you, i couldn't let her in'....And we don't hear from Riley again....

I'm thinking Riley was coming to tell Michael "I'm finally going out on a mission! to evacuate from Boulder!"

And this means Kimmet sent 'his worst' to get the people out, because he dare not risk his good soldiers on this 'suicide mission'. This is where we meet up with Pegs/Kelly/Lady (not necessarily all, but at least one). Whomever survives will re-tell the story of the others if they die, and Riley will get to them to the rendezvous point, and back in the story! muahahaha!
    I'd love to see Riley out kicking ass again!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post

That makes sense.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The one thing I'd point out to Hoff's theory is Riley was trying to get in well after all the air assault teams had left Irwin...meaning Riley would have been stuck at Irwin as I understand it. I don't think anyone else is able to leave Irwin for Boulder.

Otherwise, I like it. And if it's true.....Kimmet's a dick.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    And if it's true.....Kimmet's a dick.
    Agreed but at least he's a practical dick. Anyone that pushes that big red button can't really be called nice, anyways. :P

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The one thing I'd point out to Hoff's theory is Riley was trying to get in well after all the air assault teams had left Irwin...meaning Riley would have been stuck at Irwin as I understand it. I don't think anyone else is able to leave Irwin for Boulder.

Otherwise, I like it. And if it's true.....Kimmet's a dick.
    I agree, there shouldnt be any outbound aircraft recently, but the woman did say "The french girl came by EARLIER..."...she never says how much earlier...

Edit: After finishing listening to the woman to get the quote right, I finished the episode and noted that Datu said "we'll just continue along this route and meet up with the rendezvous people on the 70"

How are the "evacuees" planning on getting from the rendezvous point to Irwin? They claimed not enough gas for more flights, so I assume they'll hike it for a bit (or do as Cabbage Patch so eloquently put it pages ago) and eventually meet up with Datu. This will bring Datu/Hope back in touch with what remains of pegs/kelly/lady having been saved by Riley. I just wanted to add this to finish out my thought of a theory in Riley going to evacuate. This will better link the storylines together....I think
    Last edited by Hoff4D; Oct 9th, 2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Finished thought
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    it'd be ironic if Datu looked at the nuke flash and got blinded and now has to depend on Hope to get around (if her eye surgery was indeed a success).

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I love the episode! Episode 100 was a blast (rim shot) I have some theroies to put out there:

1. I am thinking that maybe Pegs and Kelly do not make it. Unless the next episode starts with them. I do love the above theory that Riley saves Pegs and Kelly. That'd be exciting.

2. What if this blast has an opposite affect on some Inklings? The weaker ones die, but the strong ones gain some new attributes to make them stronger.

3. I was kind of thinking, what if the person Tony Robbins cares for is Pegs. We find out they are a helicopter power couple.

4. We have seen that Datu is very fucking resourceful. What if Datu is the Doctor, who chamelon arched himself way before the beginning. And all the recent events in his life is slowly starting to awaken his true identity as the Doctor, Hope would be his companion. One of the final chapters of the series would be titled "The Man with the Blue Box". This would be the one where he finally becomes the Doctor again.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast