User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WND episode #48

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

WND episode #48

Aight...lets hear it! Give me your thoughts on episode 34-1!

Do it. Or the next time you open a door, King Datu the Resourceful will bury a pick axe in your throat.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    What is it about Datu and tools? A strange, dark room, an inkling/ADLO on his tail, seconds to act, and he picks exactly the right tool to do the job!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

@Cabbage: Well, as odd as it is it was neither the crowbar, the fire-axe, spade nor the chainsaw; Kc chose to diverge from the cliche and let Datu pick the right thing.
    Since Datu is THE maintenance-guy, hw know how to handle tools and how to take care of things. But he did not hit the head of this thing, which strikes me: Is Datu getting old, having trouble with his eyes, having a short build as a man, or was it simply to dark ... ? All things I would accept.
    Although I am curious why Datu had so little trouble dealing with this thing, while soldiers in the out put so much effort gunning 'em Zeds down, I actually liked the scene a lot.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Prediction Mode:

#34 is all about saving some people from Boulder;
    #35 will bring us back to the Colony to end issues there;
    #36 will be about bringing the Boulder survivors to The Colony or at least preparing the next rescue step leading there - and thus bringing back together the Tower-folks. "The Gang is back!"

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    @Cabbage: Well, as odd as it is it was neither the crowbar, the fire-axe, spade nor the chainsaw; Kc chose to diverge from the cliche and let Datu pick the right thing.
    Since Datu is THE maintenance-guy, hw know how to handle tools and how to take care of things. But he did not hit the head of this thing, which strikes me: Is Datu getting old, having trouble with his eyes, having a short build as a man, or was it simply to dark ... ? All things I would accept.
    Although I am curious why Datu had so little trouble dealing with this thing, while soldiers in the out put so much effort gunning 'em Zeds down, I actually liked the scene a lot.
    My thought is that the pick axe through the throat severed the inkling's spine. Missing the head was probably a lucky break, since the pick axe might have just bounced off of an inkling's skull.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    I am with liam, I see the boulder survivors being evacuated to the colony as the method of converging the two story lines. Kimmet commented about not having the resources to bring them all to Irwin, and what other place do we know that could support a sizeable population, that Michael happens to have intimate knowledge of. Unless Saul and co. Happen to overthrow the mallers by then however, I sure hope Michael thinks to send a squad or two ahead of the civilians.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Not to blow my load early on this, but why would Michael suggest anyone go to the Colony in the state he left it? It was left with a murdered leader and a "sociopath" taking command. That's the latest info he has. Why would he purposefully send survivors directly to the Colony without first investigating it?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Yea, I didn't think about the state he left it. So probably minimal chances of him not investigating first but I still see it as a very plossible device to converge the story lines, unless there is some other place suitable for the refugees that we don't know of yet. And just another thought, perhaps a recon team shows up mid coup/rebellion started by saul and co on the verge of stalling and act as the deciding factor to winning the battle and ousting the mallers? Just a thought.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Not to blow my load early on this, but why would Michael suggest anyone go to the Colony in the state he left it? It was left with a murdered leader and a "sociopath" taking command. That's the latest info he has. Why would he purposefully send survivors directly to the Colony without first investigating it?
    Simple:
    The idea would not come from Michael, but it needs to come from Saul. Because Saul knows the situation at the Colony well enough, Michael could apply to the new situation. In the P.S.: I provide to possible story-lines ... But all of that would take place in #36 and heavily relies on the outcome of what happens to Saul, Victor, Lizzy, CJ and Burt in #35 ...
    Both ways make sense to some degree; but maybe my timeline for #34-#36 might be a little over-ambitious ...

All the best!
    Liam

P.S.:
    (1) My prediction would work if Saul, Victor and CJ take care of things in the Colony. At the moment there is a lot of trouble around. But "hopefully" Saul, Vic and C receive some awesome help from Gatekeeper and staff in order to give Scratch and The Mallers something to chew on - like dying or leaving The Colony.
    Next thing that would have to happen: Since Fort Irwin would have plenty of trouble keeping survivors at the base they would have to do some more reconaissance in L.A. at longbeach. That would be a perfect situation for Saul to get in touch with Fort Irwin, therefore with Michael.
    Then the rescue-clockwork would start to spin towards securing The Colony ...

(2) And even if Saul, Vic and C fail to take over The Colony, they would retreat to their own place (together with Lizzy, Henry and Burt); yet the issues for Fort Irwin remain the same, which means reconaissance for safe places in L.A.; Saul and Michael get in touch, and during that contact or later discussions/ plans Fort Irwin could think of that: "What are some Mallonies in The Colony, if they meet National Guardists, Iraq Veterans, Boulder Veterans and Z-pocalypse-battle-hardened-US-best-boys from the US-Army?" There we have it: The confrontation of good and evil in The Colony in order to save the survivors ...
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator

*singsong* We're Not Dead, your my hero.

So there are a few points I think are worth taking note and theorizing on. I think evidence for this nuke situation was provided for us way back in the cover art for episode 29.

As you can see it appears that the plane is flying towards a mushroom cloud. The title, It Only Takes One, may not only reference the single Inkling that infiltrated Boulder and caused this disastrous outbreak, but It Only Takes One may also be a reference to only needing one bomb to destroy an entire city.

Also, I think it is important to take note of a brief line Michael had in response to Spec. Robbins commenting on the soldier like quality of the biters in Boulder. Michael asked very pointedly, "What did you say?!" His question seemed to go unnoticed by anyone else in the room. It was very reminiscent of when Tanya said the exact same lines when Michael mentioned a soldier named Saul back in the colony. Her question could have been interpreted different ways, but we came to learn it ultimately meant she knew more than she was letting on. I'm inclined to think the same applies to Michael. For me, he must have made the comparison of the Inklings being like soldier biters and realized that there must be a general: Pinstripes.

Also, I think there should be an opinion poll as to who will die in the immediate future. I'm thinking Kelly, but I hope I'm wrong because I ever since Tommy died, I've come to appreciate her attempt to change herself for the better.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast