User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    One thing that stands out to me is this whole eye-for-an-eye retribution requirement within the Families. Scratch scarred her cousin and was scarred in return for her actions against a member of the Families. Scratch states that had she killed her cousin, she would have also been killed. Pegs shoots Latch and so Scratch needs to kill Pegs in retaliation.

Now, Scratch retrieved Angel from the remains of the Tower and got him medical attention. Then, during her interrogation, she shoots him when he doesn't give her the information she wants.

So where is the retaliation for killing Angel, a member of the Families?
    • I know he got out of that lifestyle, and joined the military, but it doesn't seem like the Family is something you can simply walk away from; once you're in, you're in for life.
    • The doctor did say he basically died from his injuries during the tower collapse, and his body just hadn't caught up. But the shooting did not seem like a mercy kill. It seemed like an emotional response from Scratch when she did not get the information that she wanted.
    • Could Angel have been killed for his involvment in the attack on the tower that led to Latch getting shot? But Scratch seems to blame that on Pegs and Pegs alone.
    • Is it that the Mallers are so short handed that Durai cannot afford to lose his number 2? But how much of Durai's confidence in Scratch been shaken? She's insubordinate, disobeys orders, and does her own thing. Can he really trust her to be his number 2?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The other bullet point I'd add to yours is this: If Angel was a member of another family but Durai and Scratch are members of the same one and there are no other families around anymore....who would be there to take retribution for Angel?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Now lets get all this straight. The retribution with in family seems to be verified here. Would that count for seperate families to do to eachother? Are there offshoots of one main family? What if the family of the family within the family towards the family within the family blood or friend family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family. Sorry guys. my family key on my keyboard got stuck.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Nedjema
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Also I just want to ask, was Tardust a member of the Family? I am not saying he is Scratch's assailant but she did walk in on him trying to rape Lizzy early on in the series. Someone with more a mind of stringing things together than me may want to go back and listen to the chapter where Scratch stops the rape of Lizzie and how she scolds Tardust. There may be something there.
    No, he wasn't. When they went to interrogate angel, tardus didn't know about the ring or the family and was asking scratch about it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    The Army Combat Lifesaver program doesn't have any sort of an obstetrics component. It's all about dealing with combat related injuries.
    But we can start IV's That training was so much fun. Except for the bruising afterwards... ouch.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    The way it played out to me in the full context of the dialogue was that it seemed like she was refering to an internal emotional "scar" left by having the abortion, thats just how it sounded to me when she says something like getting cut by the other families enforcer, but she already had a scar to remind her everyday.... She seems much more impacted by the baby boy and what family means than by any actual scar.
    I agree too, but it sounded to me like people were getting confused about the reminder every day and thinking it was Durai because he was the one who raped her. Now I am not saying it is not him, but in the first instance, the reminder every day would be the physical and emotion scars.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    You guys know that Episode in season 1 where Lizzy and Michael are watching the Tivo recording? Interestingly enough when the reporter is talking about our ol'pal Ink, the news reporter can distinctly be heard saying "the family" during the fast forwarded moments. dun dun dun "The" family or the family... It would be super cool if that news cast is a gift that just keeps on giving.

So my wild conspiratorial perspective here is that Ink might be in "the family"
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    You guys know that Episode in season 1 where Lizzy and Michael are watching the Tivo recording? Interestingly enough when the reporter is talking about our ol'pal Ink, the news reporter can distinctly be heard saying "the family" during the fast forwarded moments. dun dun dun "The" family or the family... It would be super cool if that news cast is a gift that just keeps on giving.

So my wild conspiratorial perspective here is that Ink might be in "the family"
    Oh crap...thanks a lot...its already 2 in the morning and i now have to listen to that episode for the hundredth time just for those 2 words....i wont be able to sleep if i dont...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    "...the family itself was devastated...". Chapter 2, part 3 of 3 around 20:50 the broadcast starts. Yup, nice catch wh33t. I think Mr Bill Roberts, A.K.A. Ink, was an enforcer for "the family". Is he Scratches rapist (i doubt it), or possibly the one that gave her the scar...????

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    "...the family itself was devastated...". Chapter 2, part 3 of 3 around 20:50 the broadcast starts. Yup, nice catch wh33t. I think Mr Bill Roberts, A.K.A. Ink, was an enforcer for "the family". Is he Scratches rapist (i doubt it), or possibly the one that gave her the scar...????
    You think so? Awesome. Glad that someone else is understanding where I'm going with this. It's so cool re-listening to the whole thing over from the beginning every time we learn of a new major plot development.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast