User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Oh and am I the opnly one who believes it could have been the doctor who was shot, Scratch did say something to the woman doing Lizzy's scan about not wanting to end up like the doctor who knew how to use the machine.
    KC confirmed that it was Angel who was shot and killed.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    KC confirmed that it was Angel who was shot and killed.
    Not to mention, the doctor had lines after the shot was fired.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleWhite View Post
    I dont see that there's any proof or need for the cousin to be in the here and now. Its not Durai, evidenced by the fact that Durai isn't dead. It may be Angel's father, i guess, if you fiddle with the timings enough. The point is, the cousin is dead, Angel is dead, and its all a part of the backstory, not the survival story.
    Just to be clear, she does not say that the cousin is dead. We can assume that it is LIKELY that the cousin is dead or turned. As a work of fiction, it is noteworthy that Scratch emphasizes that she has to live with a reminder everyday. This isn't necessarily evidence to support Durai being the cousin but evidence to suggest that, by way of innuendo, this could be one of many possibilities.
    Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, sometimes ce n'est pas un pipe. 300px-MagrittePipe.jpg
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    To re-iterate...

For all who talk of the saving of Lizzie and...burt. Burts rescue depends on the turning and sympathy of bricks. Aside from him, none of our crew know Burt lives...so while we may speculate of lizzies Stockholm syndrome...we had better hope she's pulling a bit of reverse psychology on him...and bricks is the one with Stockholm syndrome. Otherwise a rescue may be for a party of two. Not three
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Nedjema
    I think even if Lizzy has Stockholm syndrome, the second she finds about Burt and what they've been doing to him, it won't matter anymore. Similar for the second she lays eyes on Saul.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    My question is, what is Durai so urgent about?
    I was wondering that too. The only reason I can see they still want to find anyone form the tower is to avenge Latch by killing Pegs. And Durai seems to want dispose of Burt and move on to "more important matters". I'm curious about what they're working on. I was surprised when they launched a pretty effective offensive on the Arena, so I've got to think they're planning something else. Is it zombie related or something different?

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Shovel

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiephyllic View Post
    I was wondering that too. The only reason I can see they still want to find anyone form the tower is to avenge Latch by killing Pegs. And Durai seems to want dispose of Burt and move on to "more important matters". I'm curious about what they're working on. I was surprised when they launched a pretty effective offensive on the Arena, so I've got to think they're planning something else. Is it zombie related or something different?
    Right! I've been so caught up with other tid bits I completely forgot Durai's haste in the process. Hrm! I say it has something to do with tracking down INK. We've heard Scratch mention in regards to the little ones (when they were actually little) that "this is just the beginning, and Durai understands that"... The prisoners know a hell of a lot more than we give them credit for me thinks.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    I was trying to put myself in Lizzies shoes earlier, just to see how I would feel in her situation. She has been with the colony/mallers now for longer than she was at the tower hasn’t she? They have provided her everything she needs in her current condition, she even says herself that she wouldn’t want to be out there in her present state. She has a bodyguard, not only to ensure that she behaves, but it also serves to protect her form others there. She has medical care, is fed, watered and doesn’t have to struggle at all.

I’m a parent, although a dad and not a mum, and I’m sure that her number one priority is the child inside her, regardless of who the father is, and I can’t see her heading off with a rescue party. Not when it puts her and her unborn child (or possibly baby by then) in so much risk. In the early months parents tend to treat their babies as though they are made of china and the slightest little bump could shatter them, a daring escape won’t factor in at all as she would be putting her child in danger.

Now circumstances could change so that an escape is the better option, which would mean that the child would have to be in imminent danger, by which I don’t mean, say, Scratch adopting the baby as her own, as the child would not be in danger in that circumstance (and though heartbreaking, I think a parent might allow it in the short term as long as the child was safe), so the child would have to be threatened before Lizzie would strap it on her back and go running off.

These are just thoughts of course but they make some sense to me and I get a feeling that Saul might be bitterly disappointed a little way down the line.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    I was trying to put myself in Lizzies shoes earlier, just to see how I would feel in her situation. She has been with the colony/mallers now for longer than she was at the tower hasn’t she? They have provided her everything she needs in her current condition, she even says herself that she wouldn’t want to be out there in her present state. She has a bodyguard, not only to ensure that she behaves, but it also serves to protect her form others there. She has medical care, is fed, watered and doesn’t have to struggle at all.

...I get a feeling that Saul might be bitterly disappointed a little way down the line.
    That makes perfect sense, but I think there are two factors that could change those calculations.

First, there are tantalizing hints that all is not well in the Colony. Water is rationed and there is concern about the food supply, where previously supplies of both seemed good. The treatment of the locals appears to be brutal, including killing key people like the only doctor. Lizzy cannot want her son growing up in the Family to be Scratch's protege.

Second, Saul has Dunbar Apartments to offer as a refuge (we hope), which is safe, well supplied, and only lacks the Colony's medical facilities. And, unbeknownst to everyone, is the prospect of a trip to Boulder, with hospitals staffed by doctors.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    would it be out of the realm of reason for saul to somehow incite a riot within the colony? i mean, the primary reason the colony fell to the mallers was lack of ammo correct? surely Cj is sitting on a pretty good stockpile. matching rounds to weapons from memory could be a bit tricky but what the hell.... its just that as i sit here thinking about it just now..could we feasibly see dunbar full again? and how would CJ feel about such a thing..not sure she has that many blindfolds.

jeez, think of the irony of that...a bunch of prisoners...cooling a riot. in a town/prison-like fortress. thats just too good not to happen
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jul 4th, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast