User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I never realized that 7th ID was sent into LA. We were told that federal military forces couldn't be used and I'm pretty sure that no Army troops from Fort Irwin were sent. I knew that the Coast Guard, Marshall Service, even the Forest Service sent in personnel to help the LAPD. Guess that wasn't enough.
    The CA National Guard deployed like 5,000 troops and the 7th ID sent in an Infantry BDE with the support elements and there was a Marine force that deployed too

"Scavenger"

Status
    was thinking about the recon teams in LA recently, some random theories included:

1. Checking out the general state of the highways and plotting a clear traffic route into LA, maybe straight to the colony - as Michael knows that there are survivors at this location. I 'm guessing Fort Irwin doesn't have a large contingent of military aifcraft (or fuel) to risk turning up and taking control of the colony therefore an alternative plan is to roll up in APC's and perhaps a M1 Abrams and say hello at the front gate!

2. The recon team was located near Long Beach, which is next to several military locations i.e. i) Long Beach Port; ii) a Naval Complex; and maybe iii) Los Alamitos Army Airfield - my thoughts are that any surviving Naval elements may use this Port as it is the nearest to Fort Irwin and may be the next step to start an investigation as to the pacific ring of fire incident (thats if they know about the crack/no go zones at ground zero). Or, contact with other surviving nations could start from this port.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

I like what you are saying there; and I would like to de- and re-construct it slightly:
    What, if the recon team was supposed to check the several military locations in order to establish a base; and this base would be the HQ for any plans to move towards the colony in order to rescue the people? Or the Colonel might be interested in having a close-by base to check Inglewood instead of having to deploy (few) troups all the way down from Fort Iwrin?

I agree that Michael might think of the situation of the suppressed civilians in this "facility"; but I guess Michael could accept their situation, because their situation would still be a lot better then having to deal with the zeds.

Checking the routes into LA is, I think, of low priority. The situation is obvious: when all things started to go south, people tried to flee LA and created a chaos on all roads leading away from LA. And since a lot of blood and death were shed on these roads, the military will know what the situation looks like. Therefore, if they really think about moving in with tanks (just consider the amount of fuel a single tank consumes on a 100mi run), they would not waste time on the highways, but would simply choose side roads along the main routes ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Aug 11th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    I have no idea why they were there, but I don't think it had anything to do with The Colony. As far as Michael is concerned, The Colony is hostile and is probably best left alone. I don't like making too many long-term predictions in regards to We're Alive, but I don't see Saul, C.J. and Victor being reunited with Michael due to The Colony, nor do I see them being reunited at all this season (Well, maybe right at the end of Chapter 36, but not before or at The Colony).
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi,

yeah; I hear you. And thinking it over and considering the hardly predictable story-arcs I would like to imagine that KC will focus on two parallel plots that intertwine very late in the whole WA campaign - arc one about the military and ground zero/ Inglewood, arc two about the whole colony-maller-Saul/Vitor/CJ/Scratch/Briggs/Lizzy/Burt/Durai situation ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123