User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    You know, as much as I hate to admit it, CJ does make some valid points when she bitches out Saul. It's not exactly going to be a cakewalk to rescue Lizzy, and Saul has proven in the past that he isn't the best at thinking clearly when it comes to planning ahead. It's also true that him going puts everyone at Dunbar at risk; if the Mallers catch him, they would have no qualms about torturing him to find out where he came from. Sure, CJ could help with the planning, but from her perspective, why should she? Putting everyone at risk for just one woman (no matter how much Saul may love her) just doesn't make sense. Will Saul go anyway? Yep. Will CJ help him? Probably. Is it the right thing to do? Not necessarily.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Hope this clears up a bit of confusion. There were two posts, each dealing with different scenarios.
    Fact: After Victor and Saul move in with CJ, they begin to use the Police radios that were in place prior to Dunbar falling to Mr Pinstripe Suit.

Scenario #1
    Low probability.
    The Mallers are able to listen to unencrypted radio communication OR they can decode the encrypted communication.
    If this is the case then someone could recognize Saul's voice.
    Ape-shit Scratch sees an opportunity to continue her quest to find what ever the hell she's wants from the Tower guys.
    Allows some guys to 'escape' who are likely going to look for Michael, Pegs and some other chick.
    Why not just call them up and say, "Hey, we have Lizzy!"? I don't freaking know. I can't get into the mind of crazy. I can only speculate. Perhaps she suspects that they might show up in force. Durai would be pissed to find out that Scratch called Tower folk to attack their new-found sanctuary. It would be better cover for her if Durai thinks that they just followed a trio of escapees back to the Colony.
    I say this is a low probability because it hinges on the Mallers being able to listen in on the Dunbar's communications.

Scenario #2

The Mallers can't listen to the conversations over the encrypted radio communication but they can tell that there are some organized survivors in L.A. because you can still hear the clicks of radio interspersed with the hisses, warbles and other sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xivI6LfF1g
    Ape-shit Scratch sees an opportunity to continue her quest to find what ever the hell she's wants from the Tower guys.
    Allows some guys to 'escape' who are likely going to look for Michael, Pegs and some other chick.
    Why not just call them up and say, "Hey, we have Lizzy!"? Well, this won't work because they won't be able to communicate because of the encryption. Also, I can't get into the mind of crazy. I can only speculate. Perhaps she suspects that they might show up in force. Durai would be pissed to find out that Scratch called Tower folk to attack their new-found sanctuary. It would be better cover for her if Durai thinks that they just followed a trio of escapees back to the Colony.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jun 22nd, 2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Cut & Paste fiasco
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Maybe its because I have tired new dad brain...
    Congratulations, sir.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MenashaCorpse View Post
    Assuages? Nice vocab. No sarcasm!! Seriously!! (My mom was an english teacher)

Also - Luke, Han and Leia? Nice.
    Why thank you.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    So the Dunbar tower is using Police radios and the Mallers are know to have a variety of radios and CB equipment. What if the Mallers have a Police Scanner or something like that. You know you see it all the time in movies, like Die Hard. News companies keeping tabs on the police and their movements.

Hay, what if the Mallers raided a news station for that kind of equipment. I bet the bigger news stations have a big selection of radio gear, CB, Police, Fire, emergency, and what ever you can think of.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Im thinking that CJ and Saul are using encrypted police cb's and thats all there is to it. I don't think anyone is meant to read into it as much as we are right now.

It seems more likely to me that if the colony, i.e. mallers, were to rediscover Saul it would be through some other form of communication. Knowing Saul the way we do he is more likely to just contact Scratch himself. She doesn't need to find him, he'll find her.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Congratulations, sir.
    Thank you and thank you for the clarification. I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down now.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    So the Dunbar tower is using Police radios and the Mallers are know to have a variety of radios and CB equipment. What if the Mallers have a Police Scanner or something like that. You know you see it all the time in movies, like Die Hard. News companies keeping tabs on the police and their movements.

Hay, what if the Mallers raided a news station for that kind of equipment. I bet the bigger news stations have a big selection of radio gear, CB, Police, Fire, emergency, and what ever you can think of.
    Those types of scanners only work with older types of police radios that were unencrypted. If you used one on an encrypted radio network you wouldn't be able to hear that anyone was talking. Your only clue that people were using that frequency would be the changes in the signal strength as people keyed their microphones to speak; you don't even hear them breaking squelch!

If you are on an encrypted radio you can hear anyone who comes onto your frequency that is not encrypted. It's actually one of the great annoyances of running encrypted networks, people jumping onto your frequency and talking because they assume no one is on it. So if the Mallers did find the frequency that the Dunbar Tower was using they could send a message, and it could be heard, but the Mallers wouldn't know if their message was heard unless they got an unencrypted response.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

This hasn't been brought up yet, but I want to point out the clock in the background.

To me, it's significant. Otherwise it would have been present in the library the first time. But it wasn't. And now it's here for 11 minutes straight. Quietly counting down to....?

Not only do we then hear about how Saul wears his heart on his sleeve, but you also can hear CJ's heart breaking as Saul continues to plan on leaving her for Lizzy.

Not only that, but how did the chapter end? With the clock ticking on in the silence. And it did not end on the "tock" it ended up the "tick." I like the absolute lack of resolution. It's sort of like that frustrating thing when you're listening to a song and you hear the everything resolving down to that final chord to complete the phrase but someone changes the station. It drives me crazy I know that.

Anyone else have thoughts on the clock and what it might mean to Saul, Cj, and the rest of our survivors?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    This hasn't been brought up yet, but I want to point out the clock in the background.

To me, it's significant. Otherwise it would have been present in the library the first time. But it wasn't. And now it's here for 11 minutes straight. Quietly counting down to....?

Not only do we then hear about how Saul wears his heart on his sleeve, but you also can hear CJ's heart breaking as Saul continues to plan on leaving her for Lizzy.

Not only that, but how did the chapter end? With the clock ticking on in the silence. And it did not end on the "tock" it ended up the "tick." I like the absolute lack of resolution. It's sort of like that frustrating thing when you're listening to a song and you hear the everything resolving down to that final chord to complete the phrase but someone changes the station. It drives me crazy I know that.

Anyone else have thoughts on the clock and what it might mean to Saul, Cj, and the rest of our survivors?

o_O I didn't even notice. In truth, I only listened to the episode once. Dude, if there is some kind of ticking theme going on in the background, I feel like that is a HUGE sign to us that something major lies on the horizon. I'm going to have to go back and listen again before I can draw any conclusions though. Thanks Nik!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast