User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    An easy way to stop a train is to blow up the tracks, and the mallers have been rather adept at explosives, lately. :P

Well, a good question is, what /is/ Kimmit's plan, or priorities. Obviously, protection and rescue of the civilian population, and secureing strategic resources, but... beyond that, he can't well mount an operation against the zombies, and he can't even think of making any area like L.A. 'safe'. Other then keeping Intel flowing for other options, does he (or the government) even have a plan to /advance/, if Boulder and Irwin are the only significant populations left?

Though The Colony or Dunbar apartmentas would both be rather solid spots for a forward operating base in the region, and if you aren't worried about humans blowing up the tracks, its a good point. Train would be an awesome way to travel.
    Last edited by Privateer; Jun 11th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Lizzie's pregnant, so who's the daddy?

Here are some key dates from the timeline:

Lizzie Rescued, Todd killed = May 9
    Lizzie & Saul "together" = June 27-July 30
    Lizzie captured by Mallers = July 31
    Lizzie last seen at Colony by Pete = late November
    Current date = December 2 or 3

If Lizzie became pregnent after she was captured she would have been at less than 17 weeks the last time Pete could have seen her at the Colony. Her belly would barely be showing.

Belly at 17 Weeks

If Lizzie was pregnent courtesy of Saul, she would be somewhere between 17 and 22 weeks when Pete could have seen her. Her belly would have started to become obvious.

Belly at 22 Weeks

If Lizzie was already pregnent when she came to the Tower she would be about 28 weeks. Her belly would be quite noticeable.

Belly at 28 Weeks

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Maller's baby, reasonably comfortable that it's Saul's, and willing to consider that it could be Todd's.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I doubt the mallers would move on Irwin, it is about 200 miles, and a good portion of that drive is through the desert. And they pretty much used up all of Burts RPG's atacking the tower didn't they? Don't think they would move on Boulder cause I dont think they know Boulder exists, and it is over 1000 miles away.

Here is a thought... Is Edwards Air Force Base going to come in to play? I was stationed out there many years ago and it is quite desolate, but I am sure there would be aircraft on the ground, an abundance of fuel and vehicles, weapons, and it would be easy to see anything coming for miles. They have troops at Irwin, maybe there are a fixed wing pilot or two there?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Question for you millitary guys: What kind of force would the Army send in to attack the colony? Are we talking like a small strike force of commandos, or what? I really don't know anything about millitary strategy...
    That depends greatly on several factors:

• What resources does Kimmet still have?
    • How many of those resources is he willing to throw at them?
    • What does he want with the place after the dust settles?
    • How much of a threat does Kimmet think it is and does he want to even bother?

The Colony is BIG. His response would need to be meted out to meet that and according to his plans for it. Quite frankly, keep as a FOB or destroy to eliminate the threat.

With a few assumptions on the equipment and personnel, (Infantry Brigade's equipment, ect.) I would perform a three pronged strike comprised of "Commandos" and an armored attack of some fashion bringing with them a contingent of Infantry and air cover with choppers. (Tanks, Bradleys and Strykers) I would send in probably 1/2 the Operators I had and as much armor as I could get my hands on and hit them HARD and hit them FAST. Here is how I would plan it out:

1. Recon. Start with satellite imagery if available and on the ground operators once we have a good feel of the situation. Maybe, MAYBE establish a covert LP/OP nearby and try to get a guy inside. On the ground recon would include the usual access points, soft spots, blind areas, choke points ect, but also where the leadership sleeps, "works" and so on.
    2. Evaluate the ground transportation situation to The Colony. Taking into account Road Clearance, How long is it to get there by track and wheel. Sending a armored convoy even with light road blockages, would alert the Mallers. Going cross-country may be required which would necessitate the use of engineer equipment.
    3. Operation Execution: I would time the Commando attack to coincide with the imminent arrival of my armor column or when the Mallers are alerted to the its approach. I would have operator teams go in and have some outside on sniper overwatch. The inside teams would have have four priorities and in this order: Kill leadership, secure guard towers & open gate(s), kill resistance, secure civilians.
    4. If the gate is not opened by the time the armor arrives, they blow it open and enter the compound to secure it.
    5. Once in the compound, the Infantry dismounts and sweeps to rout out any remaining resistance.
    6. Re-secure the compound. Especially if the gate needed to be blown.

One important point to this, beside a powerful show of force, is that the attackers must present a uniform presence. Same uniforms, vehicles painted the same color and so on. This will communicate to those inside that it is an "official" response and any of those inside that are "on the fence" would possibly shift loyalty.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    How long before Pete goes to Fort Irwin, and has his tearful reunion with Nurse Britt?
    He'll have so many tears from seeing her that he could start his water bottle business again!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    If any of you are wondering, i just got word from our faithful Scratch Lover (who will no doubt twist scratch into a loving light) is otherwise involved today and we will probably not hear from Osiris today.

He hasn't even got to listen to the episode poor guy.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    One important point to this, beside a powerful show of force, is that the attackers must present a uniform presence. Same uniforms, vehicles painted the same color and so on. This will communicate to those inside that it is an "official" response and any of those inside that are "on the fence" would possibly shift loyalty.
    That's a good point. I wonder how likely the people in the Colony are to side with the Mallers. Most people in the Colony are just normal people trying to survive. They seem to be just trying to keep their heads down and keep going. If the army shows up at their door do they jump ship at the prospect of rescue, or do the Mallers somehow convince them that its a trap to keep em on their side (I kinda got a picture of Dr. Strangelove here when General Ripper had everyone convinced that the people attacking were Soviets dressed as Americans)
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Crackpot prediction: within the next three times we hear from Pete, he will either turn against the Dunbar crew in some way or do something stupid to get himself killed...just a gut feeling I have, can't explain it..but there it is.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Scavenger"

Status
    We're forgetting the pin in any attack plan that involves anything other then choppering in air assault or stealth by whatever special operation assets Kimmet has. Still LOTS of biters there. You move a column of tanks, or armor, or choppers, or anything, you'rr going to end up getting eaten while the folks defending the walls take an easy seige. (But, now that Irwin knows about sweat, a sophisticated decoy systwm could be developed.)

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Lizzie's pregnant, so who's the daddy?

Here are some key dates from the timeline:

Lizzie Rescued, Todd killed = May 9
    Lizzie & Saul "together" = June 27-July 30
    Lizzie captured by Mallers = July 31
    Lizzie last seen at Colony by Pete = late November
    Current date = December 2 or 3

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Maller's baby, reasonably comfortable that it's Saul's, and willing to consider that it could be Todd's.
    The belly sizes can vary significantly between people but is a good indicator, and there is another hint maybe that the baby might not be Saul's, although again not out of the realms of possibility. Morning sickness doesn't generally kick in until about 6 weeks along, maybe as early as 4 weeks but that is out of the norm. If Saul and Lizzy conceived early on in their relationship then that timing is ok, otherwise it is likely that it is Todd's.
    The only other thing to consider is the whole zombie baby affect might have made the pregnancy progress faster, but I am not a huge follower of this theory.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast