User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss View Post
    like I said the term zombie is an umbrella term and WA creatures do fall under the umbrella term
    for the dead zombie I KNOW they dont come back to life I meant to put qutaition marks around the word life but forgot
    the three terms are just 3 branches of definations of zombies and there are many branches inside those and our modern idea of zombies actually didnt come into reality untill the 1960s with before that all zombie stories were all of the voodoo sort
    I've been watching zombie movies since I was seven, so I'm about as well versed as you can be with zombie lore, not to mention the books I've read and essays I've researched and written. I'm not saying I'm an expert, as that would be incredibly vulgar, I'm simply highlighting the fact that I understand your post and that which you have outlined. Considering that we still do not have a decent working theory as to why the 'zeds' steal the bodies, we cannot say with 100% certainty that there are NOT animated dead among their ranks. The fact that nothing short of a headshot seems to stop them, stands in favour of everything that we know about 'zombies'. I've outlned before how these creatures fall into traditional definition and all I've seen in response is 'we think they breath, and bleed, and sleep.'

Good job.
    joint-point-counter-joint

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    hmm..

I think the real thing to consider here with all the unknowns is..are the "zombies" alive, or are they merely host's for something alive? the fact is we could sit here all day and argue back and forth about breathing, not breathing, sound, blood, etc..and only work ourselves into a frenzy of words and gnashing of teeth..but until we have a definitive answer of whatthefuck things like "the haze" are..or a few of the other strange anomallies going on..the living or dead thing is kind of moot...looks like a duck, smells like a duck...must be a zombie..however you choose to definite it
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    hmm..

I think the real thing to consider here with all the unknowns is..are the "zombies" alive, or are they merely host's for something alive? the fact is we could sit here all day and argue back and forth about breathing, not breathing, sound, blood, etc..and only work ourselves into a frenzy of words and gnashing of teeth..but until we have a definitive answer of whatthefuck things like "the haze" are..or a few of the other strange anomallies going on..the living or dead thing is kind of moot...looks like a duck, smells like a duck...must be a zombie..however you choose to definite it
    You raise an interesitng question. Are they hosts for something else. Gives yet another meaning to the title "We're Alive." I've always loved those sorts of movies. Invasion of the Body Snatcher-esque stories that completely strip the characters of choice.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

What confuses me is the jumper that jumped across to the tower. It infected Tommy but didn't bite Tommy. Burt killed it with a shotgun blast that wasn't definitively a head shot. Tommy was killed by a fall but it wasn't defined whether he landed on his head. Upon returning to the tower after "flowerpot gate" Burt used a claymore to mow down a horde of zombies. You can't tell me that every single zombie that got killed was hit in the head by a fragment. I don't remember any statement where an eviscerated zombie was seen alive in this story. Are we absolutely sure that it requires a head shot to kill these zombies?
    I can't say these zombies are dead or alive. I just now that for the human brain and human muscles to work they need oxygenated blood to circulate. I like the "host" theory for this reason. The "parasite" in whatever form it is uses the basic functions of the human host to support it's activities. I think this is why it seems that grievous injury kills these particular brand of zombies.

By the way in the story the term zombie has only been used by the tower members. The mall faction and the colony both used "things".

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    What confuses me is the jumper that jumped across to the tower. It infected Tommy but didn't bite Tommy. Burt killed it with a shotgun blast that wasn't definitively a head shot. Tommy was killed by a fall but it wasn't defined whether he landed on his head. Upon returning to the tower after "flowerpot gate" Burt used a claymore to mow down a horde of zombies. You can't tell me that every single zombie that got killed was hit in the head by a fragment. I don't remember any statement where an eviscerated zombie was seen alive in this story. Are we absolutely sure that it requires a head shot to kill these zombies?
    I can't say these zombies are dead or alive. I just now that for the human brain and human muscles to work they need oxygenated blood to circulate. I like the "host" theory for this reason. The "parasite" in whatever form it is uses the basic functions of the human host to support it's activities. I think this is why it seems that grievous injury kills these particular brand of zombies.

By the way in the story the term zombie has only been used by the tower members. The mall faction and the colony both used "things".
    KC said (somewhere around here) that the zombies were alive, but infected. that's why it doesn't just take headshots to kill them, they die just like anyone else, except they ignore pain. that's why they need to eat, like at the nest.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    KC said (somewhere around here) that the zombies were alive, but infected. that's why it doesn't just take headshots to kill them, they die just like anyone else, except they ignore pain. that's why they need to eat, like at the nest.
    Link?

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post

I do believe that zombies can be somewhat stunned for a brief period. Obviously my friend you have not seen a clay more in action. At close proximity the results are more than what you would think. Also they can dismember rendering the zombie stunned then, disabled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBB3OS0Ir2U

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Memis View Post
    I do believe that zombies can be somewhat stunned for a brief period. Obviously my friend you have not seen a clay more in action. At close proximity the results are more than what you would think. Also they can dismember rendering the zombie stunned then, disabled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBB3OS0Ir2U
    I have to agree on the issue of claymore mines. The impact of a claymore at short range isn't a difference between head-shot and body-shot, it's a difference between minced and pureed.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Link?
    i can't remember, but i think he mentioned it during the live broadcast. and i could've sworn i saw it somewhere around here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123