User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michael A "mission" for Michael?

im basing this theory off the cover art and i think this is where it goes.

I think the person in the artwork is michael. And perhaps the plane flying off is from the base dropping him off somewhere for a "mission" considering he is MI and is now reinstated. the base may have Michael and Co. earn there stay at the base.

Any other thoughts?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    This Chapter's Cover Art:Chapter 29 Art big.jpg

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    im basing this theory off the cover art and i think this is where it goes.

I think the person in the artwork is michael. And perhaps the plane flying off is from the base dropping him off somewhere for a "mission" considering he is MI and is now reinstated. the base may have Michael and Co. earn there stay at the base.

Any other thoughts?
    Not to be a dick... but:

They're is a shortened version of 'they are'. (The apostrophe replaces the letter a.) Only use they're if you can substitute it with 'they are'.

Their is used to show possession. It is just like my, your, his, her, its and our. (These are called 'possessive adjectives'.) Here is a little trick: use the word 'our' instead of 'their'. If the sentence still makes sense, then 'their' is almost certainly correct. This trick works because 'our' and 'their' are both possessive adjectives used for plurals.

The word there is similar to the word 'here' in that it represents a place. It has two main uses: It is a specified place (like in the first example below) and an unspecified place (like in the second example). Also, like in the second and third examples, the word 'there' can be used to show that something exists.
    In regard to your theory:

I like where you're going with that. It's going to be very interesting when the information contained within the journals is brought up--which I would hope will be during Michael's debriefing. The one thing that has also piqued my interest when it comes to stories such as this are those long sections of exposition. I'm dying to find out more about the intel that the group at Irwin has gathered. It's also going to prove very interesting once the community here starts analyzing it against the information we've already gathered [ourselves]. The fact that The Bird was recognized when it landed says a lot about what their intel has already pulled together. As for Michael having a mission to earn his group a place at the base? It wouldn't be logical for them to turn away able bodies, but it's very possible that Michael would be sent on a mission, simply because he's been 'in the shit', as it were, and has first hand knowledge of the city's current state.

I could see him being involved in a mission to Ground Zero. It would make sense for a need to gather as much information as possible about the origin. I don't know if they'd drop him out of a plane necessarily, but I could see a trip back in the Bird being very likely. It would be a great way to get him back in touch with Saul and Victor--which would provide much more information than he would likely acquire simply visiting GZ. It may be a way to force C.J. to hand over all the information she's gathered too, as I still feel that she's holding back far more than has been alluded to already. I like your thinking, man.

+1 to you, sir.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    the only problem is that michael was an analyst in MI. i mean sure he ran a check point into the base in iraq but he didn't go out and collect intel, he analyzed it when it came back. and as the only MI on base it would seem silly to me to risk a valuable asset like that on field work. just my opinion. osiris is right though: their not there. no i'm kidding, it is a great theory. the artwork usually lends some insight into the story, so i'd say it's entirely possible.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I wonder if it's not Michael watching the plane leave packed full of his friends. Because I agree that michael's skill set is too valuable imo to let him out of that room.

Besides, isn't he supposed to be training people in intelligence?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l

They're you go.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I wonder if it's not Michael watching the plane leave packed full of his friends. Because I agree that michael's skill set is too valuable imo to let him out of that room.

Besides, isn't he supposed to be training people in intelligence?
    yeah, that's part of what i was thinking. unless, part 2 skips ahead like a month and he's on mission after training up puck. that would be a great way to pick up after the cliff hangar. they could also do that in part three.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I wonder if it's not Michael watching the plane leave packed full of his friends.
    I wonder if there might be some place other than Fort Irwin where they are settling non-military survivors? Some well-defended valley in the Rockies, or maybe in Montana, where there's agriculture and a little light industry producing vital supplies. It would make a convenient place to send Hope and maybe Tanya (hopefully none of the others!).

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I wonder if there might be some place other than Fort Irwin where they are settling non-military survivors? Some well-defended valley in the Rockies, or maybe in Montana, where there's agriculture and a little light industry producing vital supplies. It would make a convenient place to send Hope and maybe Tanya (hopefully none of the others!).
    when i first started reading this, i don't know why but i started putting in my own words. i don't know why i read it like this but i had to give it a second go to make sure i was crazy. i saw "i wonder if there might be some time when you SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast